Politics Sir John Howard

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't Ronald 'Raygun' get an honourary knighthood?

EDIT: Yeah, he did.. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=950DE7D6123AF936A25755C0A96F948260

I think foreigners like old Raygun here cop the 'Honorary Knight Grand Cross of the Most Honorable Order of the Bath' and, though they don't get to be addressed as Sir, they do get the added excitement of putting the initials G. C. B after their name!

Each order of chivalry has different rules, no Yank could be in the highest order of the Garter, but there are plenty of others they could.

Order of the Garter.... Phhhhh!

If he gets chosen to join the Order of the Old Fish Net Stocking With a Runner Down the Side then I'll be impressed.

Yes, it's called political largesse. Titles and perks are about the only thing that that keeps an old ex pollies mind off that gnawing emptiness in the pit of their gut where their soul used to be.

Most long serving Aussie PM's have been offered Knighthood especially ones that have done something for the Commonwealth. I think Hawke/Keating refused, Fraser is a knight which was helped by starting CARE

I really can't see why Howard would deserve such an honour, after all, he rode on the good works of Paul Keating. ;)

In serious though, I think he would only get it because he shafted the republic issue to keep us under an outdated monarchy in his outdated 1950's views.

Who really gives a flying ****It will just another nail in our foreign Head of States coffin
Bring on the republic.

Really feel great for John. Thorougly deserved :)

Yet more proof concreting Howard as our best PM and politician ever. He has still got appeal, even out of office.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Have to be Commonwealth citizens other than Kings or Queens

On the recognition side anyone can get a knighthood like a US citizen or Australian its just not recognised in their country of residency

Elizabeth Taylor got a knighthood and she is a US citizen who was born in the UK.

Most long serving Aussie PM's have been offered Knighthood especially ones that have done something for the Commonwealth.

he used fear to achieve...nothing flash about that.

Sir John Howard, knighted for services to himself....

about the size of it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why are all you poster's who are pro republicans having such a whinge. i would of thought you guy's wouldn't of given a damn. I have to admit though i love the fact that even when he isn't in office he is still making the topic's on here for everyone to have a cry about:D

why are all you poster's who are pro republicans having such a whinge. i would of thought you guy's wouldn't of given a damn. I have to admit though i love the fact that even when he isn't in office he is still making the topic's on here for everyone to have a cry about:D

Because in the time he has been PM, the education standard in Australia has dropped. Your post is a perfect example of how education has been neglected. :rolleyes:

You should yellow card yourself for that post. :mad:

i agree with SOR, just because you failed to buy property and cash in or take advantage of the booming economy to secure yourself financially doesn't mean we didn't and would like to honour the man who like it or not, steered the ship and contributed significantly to that happening.

i agree with SOR, just because you failed to buy property and cash in or take advantage of the booming economy to secure yourself financially doesn't mean we didn't and would like to honour the man who like it or not, steered the ship and contributed significantly to that happening.

So you admit than that John Howard is responsible for the current rental and housing affordability crisis?

Payback for the Republic vote debacle. Say what you will but lets not EVER pretend the monarchy is somehow 'above politics'

A) you just cant accept that the muppet model was voted down
B) The Queen is in no way interfering in Australian politics

Can you name a single example in the last 30 years where the Queen interfered in Australian politics?

A) you just cant accept that the muppet model was voted down
B) The Queen is in no way interfering in Australian politics

Can you name a single example in the last 30 years where the Queen interfered in Australian politics?

The sacking of Gough Whitlam. If we didn't have a GG, that wouldn't have happened & the CIA would have had to find some other way to get rid of him.

So you admit than that John Howard is responsible for the current rental and housing affordability crisis?

It's a by product of a property boom. It's difficult to have one and not the other. For those that didn't take advantage, that's their bad luck or bad judgment.

Not everyone is smart enough to take advantage but that's life and the world isn't always nice and fair. For those too young at the time, it's bad timing but their time will come, if they are smart enough to recognise it when it does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back