Injury SJOGHCIU 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

“After the bye” is such a cop out too. It implies the week or two following the bye from the wording, when in reality he’s going to be lucky to be back this year. Something along the lines of “towards the back end of the year” is probably more appropriate

Yeah I didn’t read too much into the update. The guys had a year off footy. It’s going to take time to get him to a level to be able to play, let alone at the levels we know he can get to without risking his 2022 and beyond. There’s going to be his and downs so putting a date sets expectations which may then need to be pushed back. 3 months I think is about right.

If that takes til round 15/20, so be it.

The real question is which player(s) have incurred an injury that the club hasn’t put in the report so we only find out on selection day.

It’s a regular occurrence

Friday: Josh Kennedy listed as out with a leg injury when teams are announced
Saturday: Simpson answers questions about it post-game
"Yeah he reported that his leg fell off during training on Monday so the medicos sent him for some scans and there were some points of concern so he's off his remaining leg for now while staff work out a schedule for returning to playing that hopefully should see him available some time after the bye. We're not too worried, it's mostly precautionary but we'll see how he pulls up."

"Yeah he reported that his leg fell off during training on Monday so the medicos sent him for some scans and there were some points of concern so he's off his remaining leg for now while staff work out a schedule for returning to playing that hopefully should see him available some time after the bye. We're not too worried, it's mostly precautionary but we'll see how he pulls up."

Nek minnut he plays on one leg anyway "because he wanted to" and the other falls off.

Medical staff are also stumped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Medical staff are also stumped.

giphy.gif

Yeah, Yeo's not playing this year. Wish the club was honest with this sh*t.
I saw a video update yesterday and they were saying Yeo is tracking well and ramping up his fitness ahead of full training, but that its not an exact science with these things and they aren't speculating on a return date just yet, other than it will be sometime after the bye.

😂😂

Any hints on Gov's injury? With our current run, I'm assuming after the bye 🤣

Richmond is going to be stuffed when we get all our injured players back for the same game.

Any hints on Gov's injury? With our current run, I'm assuming after the bye 🤣

Richmond is going to be stuffed when we get all our injured players back for the same game.
Public holiday and covid protocols will be delaying any assessment I expect

Looks as if JK is the only chance of returning this week.
Still unsure about the extent of Gov's injury as well.

“In pre-season mode”: Eagles coach gives injury updates on Yeo, McGovern

West Coast coach Adam Simpson isn’t expecting to see injured star Elliot Yeo until around the mid-season bye.

A persistent groin problem has sidelined Yeo since Round 11 last year with his recovery going slower than hoped after a disrupted pre-season.

Simpson says the dual John Worsfold Medallist is currently in “pre-season mode” with the 2021 season already six rounds in.

“Slow (his recovery). Quite often it’s not a one-year thing,” Simpson told Sportsday.

“It’s a six-month to two-year injury depending on the player. It’s been almost 12 months now, he’s still battling through, but he’s training now

“He’s actually in pre-season mode, so how long do we give him to get back in the side? Traditionally it’s a five to six-week little pre-season that you’ve got to do.

“Each time he trains, you’ve got to see how he wakes up the next day.

“Touch wood, he had a pretty good week, so this week he’ll train fully again and then hopefully around the bye mark we see him back on the ground, which would be great for us.”

Jeremy McGovern’s groin injury is expected to keep him out of Sunday’s Western Derby clash with Fremantle.

McGovern sustained the injury during West Coast’s 97-point thrashing to Geelong – a performance coach Simpson described as “embarrassing” and “weak”.

“Because we were in lockdown, we’ve had a bit of a struggle to get these scans done the right way,” Simpson said.

“At this stage, it’s more unlikely than likely that he’ll play this week. I just hope it’s not an extended break that’s needed, that wouldn’t be great.”

Captain Luke Shuey (hamstring), Shannon Hurn (calf) and Liam Ryan (shin) are other key Eagles currently unavailable through injury.

Veteran forward Josh Kennedy (ankle) is a chance to play the Dockers after missing last week's loss to the Cats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back