Skin

Remove this Banner Ad

1) Get rid of that shitty foam in a can shaving cream which dehydrates your skin and lose that disposal cartridge razor with poor blade quality which attacks your follicles.
2) Use a glycerin based shaving cream with skin healing agents like eucalyptus (I use Proraso) and a double edge razor to shave with
3) Apply moisturizer after shaving in the morning and before going to bed
4) Cut down on the junk food which contain lots of oils

That should do for a start. And yes, stop being so ghey.

At the moment i may be going overboard in this area but im happy with the results so im not changing. I ditched supermarket chemical based soap and started buying local made natural soaps to use in the shower, i used to itch for some reason and this fixed it almost straight away as well clearing up my skin.

For the face about 6 months ago i did what Rod Stoker suggests, throw out your disposable razor and cream in a can, and get a old fashioned replacable blade razor and some quailty shave soap or cream. Now i always use a toner for after i have shaved rather than a moisturiser as my skin is oily and about once a week a clay mask. Used to always use moisturisers but never feel the need for them now. You need to find out what works for your skin type.

For girls, don't cake make up on (its more foundation that tends to bugger up your skin) every single bloody day. I only wear make up when I go out, never once worn it to uni or school.

Drink lots of water, don't be afraid to eat bad food (there's little evidence that it affects your skin, unless maybe you get it all over your face; weight and general health is a different matter), take above advice about shaving (apparently it's bang on, though I've never had a problem as I've always been lucky with my skin), don't squeeze pimples/blackheads/other blemishes, ease up on the booze.

1) Get rid of that shitty foam in a can shaving cream which dehydrates your skin and lose that disposal cartridge razor with poor blade quality which attacks your follicles.
2) Use a glycerin based shaving cream with skin healing agents like eucalyptus (I use Proraso) and a double edge razor to shave with
3) Apply moisturizer after shaving in the morning and before going to bed
4) Cut down on the junk food which contain lots of oils

That should do for a start. And yes, stop being so ghey.

Strong advice.

I wash my face pretty frequently too.

If you use a phone a lot, don't hold it against your chin/face.

The best cleanser i've ever used is "sothys - normalising milk" - it's about $45 but will last you 8 months. Not many places sell it so you'll have to find a beauty therapist who does. The only places i know in Melbourne are dpy skin in Ivanhoe and a place in the block arcade, little collins street.

All sothys moisturisers are great too. They kick the s**t out of YSL, Chanel, Clarins etc.

Wear sunblock everyday and girls, get yourself invisible zinc if you want to wear foundation during the day.

200.jpg

Costs $2 at most supermarkets. If you're one of those types that "can't be bothered" or doesn't want to go to great expense/effort, just use that on your face daily. Works wonders, especially considering the price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont smoke, stay out of the sun, include essential fats in your diet, eat foods high in auntie oxidants, and make sure you've got good genetics!

Another tip would be not to put your hands and fingers on your face when you're in pensive mode.

Ali.Pensive.jpg

Think of all the oil, dirt and germs you pick up each day from touching door handles, elevator buttons, keyboards, vending machines, restaurants, shaking someones hand who touched all those things as well, etc. And then you go and put that s**t all over your face.

Another tip would be not to put your hands and fingers on your face when you're in pensive mode.

Ali.Pensive.jpg

Think of all the oil, dirt and germs you pick up each day from touching door handles, elevator buttons, keyboards, vending machines, restaurants, shaking someones hand who touched all those things as well, etc. And then you go and put that s**t all over your face.

I was reading this thread, thinking what sound advice posters have given, sitting with my hand in pretty much this exact same position.

facepalm.jpg

Post tips and hints on how to keep your skin looking awesome!

What do we all do, how do we rate our skin, and does it make me gay to have even thought of making this thread?
Dont drink too much alcohol, drink plenty of water.

Skin is an inherent ( passed down ) thing, but you can go miles to look after it. Alchol sucks moisture from your body, your skin loves water. Go figure.

Look at an alcoholic, usually their face looks dry and wrinkly.

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Do you like the Genesis as well?

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your arsehole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

haha :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back