Workshop Snapchat Geofilters

Remove this Banner Ad

Evening everyone,
Recently Snapchat in Australia has seen an increase in the amount of people start submitting geofilters to them. I thought I would have a go at submitting a couple of geofilters for my area. For people unware of what ''geofilters'' or ''snapchat'' is. Click the link below:
https://www.snapchat.com/l/en-gb/geofilters

Reading lately online Snapchat geofilters have become a new resume eye opener and are what some jobs are looking for (graphic design related ones). So my 2 filters I have submitted were actually accepted and are now being used permanently. For the people that don't know, the filters that do get accepted they stay up forever.

So here are my 2 filters that got accepted:
Morwell:
IMG_6478.JPG

Warragul:
upload_2016-5-29_20-43-5.png

And I have just submitted a Moe one:
upload_2016-5-29_20-43-41.png

Is there a market for Snapchat in Moe? Do they have smartphones?
They probably video it when people throw pig heads at houses these days.

Great thread idea anyway. But are you sure they stay up forever? I've seen a lot of Melbourne ones come and go.

Someone was telling me they knew someone who had a 21st, and they put up a geofilter just for their house and for that night for everyone to use. Pretty good idea. I'm surprised snapchat haven't started selling ads based on locations; ie Four N Twenty if you sit in the Four N Twenty end at Etihad or something just as ludicrous. Anyway, I still think there's a load of potential on here and it'd be cool to see them in use. Surely there's enough interest on here to get some actual good ones up and about? Etihad just has a generic Docklands circle, pretty sure the G doesn't have one... but ones for like Arden Street, Fremantle Oval etc. would be great.

Is there anyway to use an archaic thing like paint.net to upload and make images?

They probably video it when people throw pig heads at houses these days.

Great thread idea anyway. But are you sure they stay up forever? I've seen a lot of Melbourne ones come and go.

Someone was telling me they knew someone who had a 21st, and they put up a geofilter just for their house and for that night for everyone to use. Pretty good idea. I'm surprised snapchat haven't started selling ads based on locations; ie Four N Twenty if you sit in the Four N Twenty end at Etihad or something just as ludicrous. Anyway, I still think there's a load of potential on here and it'd be cool to see them in use. Surely there's enough interest on here to get some actual good ones up and about? Etihad just has a generic Docklands circle, pretty sure the G doesn't have one... but ones for like Arden Street, Fremantle Oval etc. would be great.

Is there anyway to use an archaic thing like paint.net to upload and make images?
They stay up locally forever.

In the city they change cause its a bigger market.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If your snapchat filiter (or filters ;) ) gets accepted and you still attend school then this is one way to become popular in the local area haha!! :grimacing::flushed:
Can you do one for your school? Because that would be amazing.

View attachment 252972
Just submitted this, doubtful that it will be accepted as it's too complex.
I'm not so sure that's it's too complex for snapchat. If you have a look at some of the ones they use, it's either just as complex or possibly even less

Evening everyone,
Recently Snapchat in Australia has seen an increase in the amount of people start submitting geofilters to them. I thought I would have a go at submitting a couple of geofilters for my area. For people unware of what ''geofilters'' or ''snapchat'' is. Click the link below:
https://www.snapchat.com/l/en-gb/geofilters

Reading lately online Snapchat geofilters have become a new resume eye opener and are what some jobs are looking for (graphic design related ones). So my 2 filters I have submitted were actually accepted and are now being used permanently. For the people that don't know, the filters that do get accepted they stay up forever.

So here are my 2 filters that got accepted:
Morwell:
View attachment 251791

Warragul:
View attachment 251792

And I have just submitted a Moe one:
View attachment 251793
How big does the area for a filter have to be?
If I were to make one for my cricket club, would that actually work, or would they not accept it because it's an organisation?

You live in Flem? I swear North Melbourne should be renamed the Flemington Kangaroos. No players live around North Melbs itself, but all in Flem and Kensington, similar to how all you see is Bulldogs beanies on Errol Street.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back