So How Dangerous is COVID Really?

Remove this Banner Ad

Issue health workers are having is what is being reported isn't reflecting what they are seeing/experiencing on the floor.

Bit hard to take the statistics seriously when already palliative/end of life patients are being wrongly included in covid statistics.

We were told that we would lose a portion of our elderly population. The last big turnover we experienced apart from dying season is when we first started admistering the first vaccinations.

One of the biggest fears health workers are having is that governments are overstating the effects of the virus. Aged care is collapsing, the general health system isn't fairing much better.

This has been caused by deliberate government negligence, mostly attributed to our most recent conservative government.

The worry is that governments will use covid as a scapegoat instead of admitting to what they have done.

Politicians never accept responsibility, thats just a fact. The LNP are certainly worse.
The best example is the UK conservatives blaming covid & Europe for the complete lie fest & stuff up caused by Brexit. They caused the biggest own goal to damage their economy & entire country, ever.

Essentially everything. When your business model depends on fraudulent statistics, you are going to lie for extra funding, aren't you?

You don't think closing borders, limiting personal exposure, messages of masking, washing, vaccine had a protective benefit against Covid? The world wide post covid excess deaths surely shows the Australia did relatively well?
Maybe compare this to the effect of the world influenza pandemic post 1918?

And that's the strange part. Younger people are showing flu like symptoms, while older people are remaining asymptomatic.

The fact that we are having very little actual covid deaths has shown that it's been pretty much a false alarm.

Shutting ourselves away from the world meant that when people started getting infected, the mutated virus seemed to be weaker which is why it had little to no effect

A 7% death rate in march 2020 was NOT a false alarm.
Lockdowns at the time given this death rate were justified.
Both are indisputable FACTS.

Anything else?

You don't think closing borders, limiting personal exposure, messages of masking, washing, vaccine had a protective benefit against Covid? The world wide post covid excess deaths surely shows the Australia did relatively well?
Maybe compare this to the effect of the world influenza pandemic post 1918?

We 'saved' elderly people to let them starve while dying in their own excrement.

Recent paper in the Lancets describes a drop in the worlds average life expectancy of 1.6 years over the Covid years. You have to shorten a lot of peoples lives to drop the average life expectancy that much. This was very much against global trends in previous years. In Oz our life expectancy went up a little but in the years after has dipped. ABC has an article about it here

The authors make an estimate of 15.9 million total deaths related to Covid19 in 2020 and 2021

'An estimated 131 million (126–137) people died globally from all causes in 2020 and 2021 combined, of which 15·9 million (14·7–17·2) were due to the COVID-19 pandemic (measured by excess mortality, which includes deaths directly due to SARS-CoV-2 infection and those indirectly due to other social, economic, or behavioural changes associated with the pandemic).'

The original article is here, it's rather dense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you explain what you mean?

I think they are talking about this, from QLDs CHO:

The lead author of the study, the state’s chief health officer Dr John Gerrard, said it was “time to stop using terms like ‘long Covid’” because they imply there is something unique about the longer-term symptoms associated with the virus, and in some cases create hypervigilance.

Yes the similarities between post-viral syndromes have been discussed for years, as well as the need for more study to get good data on them.

If this brings the knowledge of post-influenza up to a better level that's a good thing.

Can you explain what you mean?
Yeah they are going mental on that in the Twitters.

Changed from the general anti-vac belief that "the royals won't have been vaccinated, but they give it to us!"
Have you Read the latest Australian Journal of General Practice latest publishing
Volume 4, Issue 53, April 2024 Long COVID: Sufferers can take heart. They slowly admitting some truth they can't hide anymore. I recently read Dr Geert Vanden Bossche a respected Belgian Virologist Issued Dire Warning ''Massive, Massive Tsunami of Death Among Highly Vaccinated is Imminent. He is a Veterinarian also so don't know the reason for that and think it too much scaremongering like Dr Fauci did with Covid. I hope he is wrong some people i know have had 7 of that mRNA type Vaccine.

Have you Read the latest Australian Journal of General Practice latest publishing
Volume 4, Issue 53, April 2024 Long COVID: Sufferers can take heart. They slowly admitting some truth they can't hide anymore. I recently read Dr Geert Vanden Bossche a respected Belgian Virologist Issued Dire Warning ''Massive, Massive Tsunami of Death Among Highly Vaccinated is Imminent. He is a Veterinarian also so don't know the reason for that and think it too much scaremongering like Dr Fauci did with Covid. I hope he is wrong some people i know have had 7 of that mRNA type Vaccine.

You do realise this guy has been debunked so comprehensively years ago that not even anti-Covid vax people are trying to quote him anymore.

You're like 3 years out of date.

Volume 4, Issue 53, April 2024 Long COVID: Sufferers can take heart. They slowly admitting some truth they can't hide anymore.

I looked at that - it's not saying what you think it is saying.

I recently read Dr Geert Vanden Bossche a respected Belgian Virologist Issued Dire Warning ''Massive, Massive Tsunami of Death Among Highly Vaccinated is Imminent. He is a Veterinarian also so don't know the reason for that and think it too much scaremongering like Dr Fauci did with Covid. I hope he is wrong some people i know have had 7 of that mRNA type Vaccine.

This is cookery.

No "tsunami" of vaccine deaths has been recorded.

People who are not vaccinated are many more times likely to get severe Covid 19 and many more times likely to require hospitalisation and many more times likely to die from Covid 19.

This is hard data from around the planet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back