Play Nice Society, Religion & Politics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting to see if it gets the $3 million.

Not really. He admitted to knowingly breaching his employment contract at his tribunal hearing so I really don't see what he can legally argue in front of the Fair Work Commission that would lead to further action for "Freedom of Speech".

Also no legal action he takes will come close to $3 million even if by chance it reaches the High Court. Its just greed, at least this fundraising attempt is now going into a trust for legal fees rather than direct to Folau himself to use. Could be used for true Freedom of Speech legal fights, but this isn't it.

Not really. He admitted to knowingly breaching his employment contract at his tribunal hearing so I really don't see what he can legally argue in front of the Fair Work Commission that would lead to further action for "Freedom of Speech".

Also no legal action he takes will come close to $3 million even if by chance it reaches the High Court. Its just greed, at least this fundraising attempt is now going into a trust for legal fees rather than direct to Folau himself to use. Could be used for true Freedom of Speech legal fights, but this isn't it.

Will wait and see how it unfolds. $1.5 million raised in less than a day so far.

1. Not all breaches of contract give the other party an automatic right of termination.
2. Unfair contract terms are disputed all the time.
3. It is kind of a new frontier ... employers terminating employment contracts for things that happen outside of work, particularly social media.

The head of Australian Catholic University idirects staff to not comment on Pellvert's conviction while he was publicly attacking the verdict. You can imagine how any religious school would treat staff who campaigned in favour of euthanasia or abortion .

The head of Australian Catholic University idirects staff to not comment on Pellvert's conviction while he was publicly attacking the verdict. You can imagine how any religious school would treat staff who campaigned in favour of euthanasia or abortion .
Right now Christians are circumspect to campaign about anything, even if it percieved to be socially conservative due to inciting public backlash. But do agree that a religious school would likely discourage campaining for those issues by employees.

Effectively, the messaging from the Melbourne Archdiocese in relation to the Victorian Assisted Dying legislation has been that it is not our belief and therefore if it is brought up in the school environment we are to run with that line. Unofficially, in my school and many others I know of, people can believe what they want and as long as you are not outwardly campaigning for it in a manner that can be seen by the school community, do as you wish.

Crikey, I was just having a bit of fun about the Parrot yesterday but I see Alan Jones has now irritated even Morrison.

Whatever our politics, most folk would agree the NZ PM is a pretty decent leader who exhibits humanity and common sense.

Here is a LINK.

Crikey, I was just having a bit of fun about the Parrot yesterday but I see Alan Jones has now irritated even Morrison.

Whatever our politics, most folk would agree the NZ PM is a pretty decent leader who exhibits humanity and common sense.

Here is a LINK.

Agree with you there B52, but with the comments from the leader of the Nationals today and even within our ranks on this board rock spiders like Jones will keep getting a free pass

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with you there B52, but with the comments from the leader of the Nationals today and even within our ranks on this board rock spiders like Jones will keep getting a free pass

A friend of mine was taught by Jones. My mate is a pretty quiet conservative bloke, but he goes apoplectic when Jones comes up in conversation.

right..so..apart from Medicare and weekends, what have the lefties ever done for us?
I recently replied to this post by saying..
lefties have given us long weekends and were responsible for beer. I need to correct this, It was the Pope that gave us the longest weekends at easter and xmas, and he definitely invented beer!

Umm.........theyve given us a massive federal debt? Thanks Kevin and Joolya.
The LNP doubled net debt up till last year. The previous ALP gov also rose debt considerably, but their handling of the economy over that time has lead to almost universal international praise in warding off the downturn seen in other OECD countries during the period. Gov debt isn't always a bad thing - in fact it often isnt. (Of course I'd have preferred the ALP spent money on infrastructre to stimulate the economy, and industry policy rather than giving away money to be spent at Harvey Norman).

The LNP Gov Should be spending big this year given the massive downturn in building and almost certain recession we are entering into. Combined with a large need for infrastructure to accommodate the 1 million Chinese and Indians that have entered over the last few years. But they are wedded to failed and discredited neo-lib economic policies - and really none of them have much of a clue regarding actual policy work being either just plain stupid (Barnaby, Christensen, Kelly) or corrupt (Taylor).
The result will be a savage downturn here in 2020, which they will probably try to offset by an ever more MASSIVE immigration program.
Transitioning a fair percentage of portfolios if you hold stocks to cash and gold is generally recommended by astute market watchers.

And the left also gave us award wages - which in turn supported businesses as workers had money to spend.

Umm.........theyve given us a massive federal debt? Thanks Kevin and Joolya.

Proofed the economy against the GFC.

Krudd and Gillard were ineffectual middle of the road types.

The left forced us out of Vietnam but were useless in opposing the Iraqi war (Bush, Blair and Howard are war criminals).

The left once upon a time fought for better wages and conditions. Not too many bosses ever improved wages or conditions of their own accord. Most are filth like Columbaris.

The useless ALP sat on the fence over the spying in E Timor which was organised by Downer for purely economic benefit to Woodside and himself. More recently Downer and Woodside pulled a similar stroke on the Cyprus/Israeli maritime boundary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back