SOFT *erS

Remove this Banner Ad

When Sanderson arrived his perception of us was that we were soft. Lots of work wrestling, hitting the gym, focus on contested ball.

We've headed back there now. Hot games we cannot handle.

As bad as Sanderson was, his very simple, one-dimensional contested footy game plan of 2012 was as close as we got to a flag in the last 20 years.

SANFL Crows need to go out today and go as hard as possible. Perfect week to steak their claim on a spot. Pyke needs to stop being lenient on under preforming players and acknowledge players that continue to preform at SANFL level. Put your head over the ball or play 2nds simple as that.

SANFL Crows need to go out today and go as hard as possible. Perfect week to steak their claim on a spot. Pyke needs to stop being lenient on under preforming players and acknowledge players that continue to preform at SANFL level. Put your head over the ball or play 2nds simple as that.
Today? At Mother's Day lunch?

They're not playing today :)

we have about a dozen players who need to play a scraggy game in the mud in front of 2000 people in the SANFL this week.

remind them what footy is, I'm ******* sick of seeing them coming off the ground with no bruises and hair intact, ready to meet the TV cameras and talk about how nobody likes to lose.

the thing I've always loved about footy is that sheer grunt and work rate can compete with talent and skill more than in any other sporting code.

we seem to have a decent amount of the latter but absolutely none of the former, which is nothing short of disgraceful and if the players don't feel ashamed of themselves I don't want to know them anymore. If none of them have any self-respect this is an unhealthy relationship and they can GAGF as far as I'm concerned.

When Sanderson arrived his perception of us was that we were soft. Lots of work wrestling, hitting the gym, focus on contested ball.

As bad as Sanderson was, his very simple, one-dimensional contested footy game plan of 2012 was as close as we got to a flag in the last 20 years.

Nothing happening yet that has softened my concern that Don Pyke might be Neil Craig v2.0. Not "showing strength" by backing in the same crew less Menzel to respond will help though.

Lets be honest, he hasnt ever been a hard footballer.
He is what he is. How many times I have said he goes missing when the pressure is on and then when people get slower and tired he comes out to play.

There's also the issue that outside players struggle when the insiders are getting beaten. But we just keep rolling along hoping that doing the same thing will lead to something changing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's also the issue that outside players struggle when the insiders are getting beaten. But we just keep rolling along hoping that doing the same thing will lead to something changing.
This really is the crux of it, we have too many outsiders in the mix. Which takes us all the way back to trade week 2016

This really is the crux of it, we have too many outsiders in the mix. Which takes us all the way back to trade week 2016

Hampton's not really working out as an insider. He could be a weapon in Mackay's current role, has the physical attributes and his disposal is no worse. But I fear that they'll just drop him without us finding out.

Good point.

You know things are going s**t when you are fondly reminiscing about the Sando days.

Lets be honest, he hasnt ever been a hard footballer.
He is what he is. How many times I have said he goes missing when the pressure is on and then when people get slower and tired he comes out to play.
Its the mackay style of football. Rat is after mackays gold pass ☺

You've got to wonder why jenkins is so soft. He looks pretty built. Then again isnt that why essendon didnt want him? Look at sloane, much smaller physique yet hes tough as nails. It must be some kind of mental thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back