Roast Soft supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed, but for a team that relied on good rucks for a long time to be missing our biggest weapon, and then the best backup possible, is a huge hole to fill.

Fair to say we haven't filled it yet.

That being said our contested ball on the weekend was disgusting - good rucks or not...
Nic is unique no doubt about it and impossible shoes to fill but too many of our players in the past have relied on his superb ruckwork etc to help them win games. They need to step up in his absence and learn to be more consistent, but I'm sure they know that - they just have to stop talking about it and act upon it. Fingers crossed!

Bollocks. Tippa was shaking him like he thought candy was going to come out.

They are already having a shot from 25m out dead in front and they are all over us. Giving away a 50 is irrelevant at that point vs showing some solidarity and fight.

Get the hell in there and drag the prick off your team mate. Get the goddamn juices flowing at least and show the other team you haven't given up yet.

...or alternatively run around trying to man up on a 25m kick and let your team mate get scragged.
They don't care. They should have got stuck into Jonas when we played Port 2 weeks ago, to me that would show me they cared. Schoey even said he forgot all about it on their podcast. Exactly what RookiePick is saying. If you don't think they should have remonstrated you're a soft supporter and footballer if you've ever played. Heck if another player keeps your team mate down on the ground too long, you should rag doll them off and you should remonstrate. This is a mean mans sport not a mixed netball on Tuesday nights.

Honestly, I don't think anything I will say is going to change the mind of a bunch of supporters who hate their own team.

It's the same situation as the derby 2 years ago; Suban got into Masten and no one came over to help. Sure, we were losing against Essendon, but I think it was same situation against Freo. It was a top of the table clash and they were coming in hard, so I'll ask again, why did no one help Masten then?

Honestly, I don't think anything I will say is going to change the mind of a bunch of supporters who hate their own team.

It's the same situation as the derby 2 years ago; Suban got into Masten and no one came over to help. Sure, we were losing against Essendon, but I think it was same situation against Freo. It was a top of the table clash and they were coming in hard, so I'll ask again, why did no one help Masten then?
I'll give the same answer. That is piss weak that no one didn't. The same answer. Has there ever been a nice team win a flag? No. Every team has an unsociable arrogance. We haven't since '07. * we helped the captain of the opposing team get up off the ground in a grand final. That is pathetic. He should have knocked him back down, stared over him and looked at him like he's the new bully in town.

I don't hate my own team. I dislike some of the players in there because they don't play team football. And by dislike I don't mean personally it's the dislike towards their game and their continual selection. I demand success and that is defined by premierships not feel good 11 home wins and 3 away wins to play in the first two weeks of finals. The soft butter attitude has been a problem we've had going back for so long.

I'll give the same answer. That is piss weak that no one didn't. The same answer. Has there ever been a nice team win a flag? No. Every team has an unsociable arrogance. We haven't since '07. **** we helped the captain of the opposing team get up off the ground in a grand final. That is pathetic. He should have knocked him back down, stared over him and looked at him like he's the new bully in town.

I don't hate my own team. I dislike some of the players in there because they don't play team football. And by dislike I don't mean personally it's the dislike towards their game and their continual selection. I demand success and that is defined by premierships not feel good 11 home wins and 3 away wins to play in the first two weeks of finals. The soft butter attitude has been a problem we've had going back for so long.
PS CM9000 you are defined by this thread title.

See MWPP's post.

Fine, you got me, I shouldn't support the Eagles, they're pathetic, a disgrace to the AFL really, because they lost a game.

Can't you see how ridiculous this is?

Imagine the lols if we turn up in GWS gear. More GWS 'supporters' than anyone has ever seen before. Would totally throw the players and viewers on tv into disarray.

Long time member who is disgusted in last weeks performance and will not show up on Sunday.

..... I am in Bali atm but lets not let that fact get in the way of my outrage.

PS my ticket has been given to a friend so my seat will be filled. He probably will not be wearing orange.

PPS No i am not on drugs, can't get any now Corby is leaving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine the lols if we turn up in GWS gear. More GWS 'supporters' than anyone has ever seen before. Would totally throw the players and viewers on tv into disarray.
I'm feeling slightly annoyed even reading this haha (anyone who would buy opposition merchandise to wear to a game against a side they supposedly support , definitely fits the bill of a soft supporter)
Having said that:
-Orange is similar to Ochre and/or Gold (moreso the former)
-Charcoal is similar to navy
-White used to be one of our colours (urgh) to the point where some people in the crowd still wear it
So maybe that's how Eagles 'fans' could justify it ......

So far this year

Adelaide have lost to north by 59 and Melbourne by 41

Essendon have lost to Adelaide by 65, Melbourne by 38, Freo by 37 and Carlton by 15

Fremantle have lost to port by 89, Geelong by 42 and west coast by 41

GWS have lost to Adelaide by 56 and st kilda by 23

Geelong have lost to Collingwood by 29, Gold Coast by 25 and Essendon by 17

Port have lost to GWS by 31, crows by 17 and west coast by 10

Richmond have lost to Adelaide by 76 and Bulldogs, Freo, Giants by less than a kick

Saints have lost to Sydney by 50, cats by 38, demons by 30 and west coast by 19

Bulldogs have lost to Geelong by 23, Freo by 16, west coast by 8 and Giants by 2

It's an even season and every side has been caught with their pants down at some stage for a reaming with the exception of the Bulldogs who's 4 losses have all been under 4 goals

Do we rule everyone out as a contender on the basis of one or more off days?

It is an even year and we are by no means out of it due to those falters. Having said that other than Adelaide most of those teams have quite a few sub 20 games playing for them. Fremantle we know about once they decided to get rid of the older dead wood but Geelong surprisingly have roughly 6 players playing most weeks their first full year this year. GWS have an injury list that could be a best 22 elsewhere in the league and the Saints are building nicely but are still a youngish team after rebuilding. Richmond are Richmond. Bulldogs will be there about now they have their injury list getting shorter.

What I am saying in my view with injuries and young players form can be up and down. Ours concerns me because we play one of the oldest most experienced lists and put in these performances. We had 2 players sub 20 on the weekend and lets face it Fraser's getting a game because of the ridiculous injury list we have in 1 position. So we have 1.

I would nearly be as worried as an Adelaide fan with their list and if it came down to it I would be confident of our team having a chance against Adelaide here or there.

Actually bought one a few weeks back. Only because it was 20 bucks from jim kidds and i thought itd be an investment for a grand final party. Guess u best be wearing it on sunday

See MWPP's post.

Fine, you got me, I shouldn't support the Eagles, they're pathetic, a disgrace to the AFL really, because they lost a game.

Can't you see how ridiculous this is?
Because when they lose, they lose in the same fashion. They don't show up. They're mentally weak. Time to put a line through some players. Our upper echelon had been carrying the team for years. it wouldn't make a massive difference in the short run if we cut the s**t and bought in the youth, long run we'd probably benefit.

MWPP it's not giving up. The season is salvageable but not with the same spuds that should be found at The SPud Shed. That's not giving up, that's trying to improve the team with other players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back