Song Contest Part XXI, Host: Purple7x08_24, Theme: Pre-2000, Votes Due: Wednesday 10pm AEDT Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
General Rules:
All song nominations and votes are done by PM and must be kept anonymous by the host.
You only nom one song.
The host's decision on accepting songs is final, whinging will just make you look like a loser.
Voting must be on a 5-4-3-2-1 basis with a single Billy Madison vote for the worst song.
In the event of a tie the song with the least Billy Madison votes will win on countback. If still tied, the song with the most 5 votes will be given the victory.
The Billy Madison winner must use an avatar chosen by the host for the duration of the next round (unless they have lost an avatar bet, in which case the Billy avatar must be used until the next round has concluded).
If you set a midday or midnight deadline, don't be surprised if I mess around with the timezone.
People who did not submit a nom are not allowed to vote
In the event that the winner cannot host, then the reigns go to 2nd place, unless that person is William Wonka.
If TubbsFarquhar wins, the hosting gig goes straight to 2nd place

Results:
Post results and nominations with the hashtags:

#SongContestNominations
#SongContestPlaylist
#SongContestResults

List of Previously Nominated Songs

Last Purchase Playlist:

Previous thread is here

I noticed that the bonus song that couldn't be added isn't linked to this OP

Funnily enough if this round was a day later I would have had to nom The Strokes. Bought their back catalogue on vinyl last night bar Angles which I already had.
Noticed some songs from ypur last rounds theme.

ArdentEagle depends on the song. I'm happy to give this one 5 but think I'm going to give it 3 or 4 because I like the other two bit better.

Lot of billy bait personally. Holly is safe

Noticed some songs from ypur last rounds theme.

ArdentEagle depends on the song. I'm happy to give this one 5 but think I'm going to give it 3 or 4 because I like the other two bit better.

Lot of billy bait personally. Holly is safe
What songs are billy bait? I didn't think any was billy "worthy" so probably going with a technicality.

That Steve Winwood cover of Eric Prydz is kinda catchy.

Season 9 Episode 13 GIF by The Simpsons

That Steve Winwood cover of Eric Prydz is kinda catchy.

Season 9 Episode 13 GIF by The Simpsons

Call me old fashioned but I also prefer the Benny Benassi Satisfaction to the Rolling Stones version.

Last edited:
I also prefer the Benny Benassi original Satisfaction to the Rolling Stones cover version.

For many years, I thought for sure that the male robot voice was provided by Stephen Hawking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HOST UPDATE

10 people have voted

The leader is on 17 botes and 1 Billy. Second on 16 botes and 0 Billies

Billies are spread out, still some donuts to be eaten.

Enjoy your weekend!

Ozzy Osbourne and Cher? :gigglev1:
Haha, the new Copilot won't let me use celeb names so I had to influence it through prompts but as close as I could get to Andrew Hozier Byrne and Hannah Reid

Some of you need your Centrelink cheques reduced if this is what you're spending it on...

These are probably my favorite 5 artists that I love. Had it not been for the SC, I would have never heard of them.

HM's Boy Harsher, Le Matos, Grown on Hozier, Kamazi Washington, Alcest and London Grammar, Tim Buckley.

Artists I've discovered and brought into the comp (Had it not been for the comp I would never have found them):

Dark Tranquility, Rotting Christ, Gorija, Mari Samuelsen, Pilot Speed, Bloodred Hourglass, Hollow Coves, Polaris, Worakls, Amy McDonald, Trey & Lexi Pendley.

Artists I've really grown fond of but with respect to their lesser known stuff

Nick Cave
Bee Gees
Beach Boys
OMD
The Church
Blue Oyster Cult
Violent Soho

1711782522040.png

Spudmaster, If I was going to add to my record collection from the current playlist artists, here are the albums I would buy. Not just for the song on the playlist. Personally I thought HH was nice on the second play but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy her albums. I'd buy for the album art, and the album as a whole. Unfortunately I've only ever seen Miles Davis, and GNR at the record store.

1711783276978.jpeg 1711783486179.jpeg 1711783538544.jpeg 1711783598561.jpeg

1711783672145.jpeg 1711783723371.jpeg 1711783775151.png 1711783892842.jpeg

You can't bring that up without posting the clip.

Call me old fashioned but I also prefer the Benny Benassi Satisfaction to the Rolling Stones version.

And this is why dance video clips will remain the worst, up there with most rnb videos. I loved dance music and as a young woman/teen I was like WTF is this s**t.... it's like they only wanted EDM to be enjoyed by men :rolleyes: Rather alienating lol.

And this is why dance video clips will remain the worst, up there with most rnb videos. I loved dance music and as a young woman/teen I was like WTF is this s**t.... it's like they only wanted EDM to be enjoyed by men :rolleyes: Rather alienating lol.
Oh please!

I did have the decency to nom Peter Andre and his abs the other week :grinv1:

Oh please!

I did have the decency to nom Peter Andre and his abs the other week :grinv1:

It's not quite the same :p
I also don't tend to watch the videos when I listen because I'm at work. Peter's abs were wasted!

It's not quite the same :p
I also don't tend to watch the videos when I listen because I'm at work. Peter's abs were wasted!
Well that explains why it missed your votes! I thought if nothing else I'd get votes from yourself and MWPP, even if it was on mute :winkv1:

👀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back