Song Contest Part XXII, Host: TubbsFarquhar, Theme: Songs Beginning With "R", Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Gang of Youth's cover of "Blood" was heart-wrenching and emotional :3 Great choice. I know the original and they did it justice.
They also did this great LAV:

They also did this great LAV:

It's not that great, they are just copying the original Travis song which is better, it's like Weezer copying the better Toto original.

They are basically just a pub rock cover band playing the same version as the original song but not as good as the original song.

A great cover version is when a band puts their own spin on a song like this great cover of Hells Bells from The Dandy Warhols.

About to listen to the playlist with genuine anxiety. These songs are usually either really tame, completely botched or so far detached from the original or offer nothing inspiring from the original.

When I was looking for my song I skipped a lot of songs.

It's not that great, they are just copying the original Travis song which is better, it's like Weezer copying the better Toto original.

They are basically just a pub rock cover band playing the same version as the original song but not as good as the original song.

A great cover version is when a band puts their own spin on a song like this great cover of Hells Bells from The Dandy Warhols.

Don't agree with everything but they had to do better with Travis sing.

ernest p worrell school GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About to listen to the playlist with genuine anxiety. These songs are usually either really tame, completely botched or so far detached from the original or offer nothing inspiring from the original.

When I was looking for my song I skipped a lot of songs.
I quite liked the playlist, despite my trepidation :)

Sunday night update from the host (me).

Vote deadline approaches, awaiting judgement from Dinsdale Loonerty Plugger35 & Stokey

One song has led for pretty much the whole journey, but a few others are making ground. The billy is pretty much done and dusted. One donut left to be consumed.

Tick tock kids.

In the meantime, seeing as though others have posted other LAV songs they like, I shall do the same.

(she also did a good cover of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road)

Sunday night update from the host (me).

Vote deadline approaches, awaiting judgement from Dinsdale Loonerty Plugger35 & Stokey

One song has led for pretty much the whole journey, but a few others are making ground. The billy is pretty much done and dusted. One donut left to be consumed.

Tick tock kids.
? Sorry, can I have a further 24hours ad I'm in a pub celebrating

Remove this Banner Ad

Back