Teams South Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

The videos lasted 1 week, seriously bunnies get your s**t together:mad:

Anyway, our team to take on the Knights this weekend.

1. Greg Inglis
2. Alex Johnston
3. Bryson Goodwin
4. Hymel Hunt
5. Aaron Gray
6. Cody Walker
7. Luke Keary
8. George Burgess
9. Cameron McIness
10. Dave Tyrell
11. Paul Carter
12. Kyle Turner
13. Sam Burgess

14. Damien Cook
15. Jason Clark
16. Nathan Brown
17. Chris Grevsmuhl
18. Kirisome Avua'a

Don't adjust your sets, we will be wearing the Batman vs Superman kit this weekend.

George comes back into the side as does Luke Keary from suspension pairing with Cody Walker in the halves. Hopefully we have another complete performance like last weekend.

Great start to the season by Souths but lets wait and see how they go v quality opposition. Sam Burgess makes a huge difference to this team.

The forward pack the Dragons have named
8. Leeson Ah Mau
9. Mitch Rein
10. Russell Packer
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Joel Thompson
13. Michael Cooper

Interchange:
14. Ben Creagh
15. Jack de Belin
16. Will Matthews
17. Siliva Havili

We should easily run all over these guys especially with the way our pack has been playing.

I don't mind losing, but can we at least have a fair fight....jeez
I know right, the game got hard to watch at some points it's crazy to think we were only down 2 points for most of the game. Sam's injury came at a bad time as well and we really could have used him for the rest of the game. On that matter, I truly hope his injury isn't too serious and he is ok.

Thursday night game vs Manly at Brookvale. Good news is DCE won't be playing, but Walker is most likely going to play with something to prove and if he plays anything like he did against the Roosters then Keary is going to have a long night. Hoping the return of Sam and possibly Tom will lift the boys tho

1 Greg Inglis (c)
2 Kirisome Auva'a
3 Bryson Goodwin
4 Hymel Hunt
5 Aaron Gray
6 Cody Walker
7 Luke Keary
8 George Burgess
9 Cameron McInnes
10 Sam Burgess
11 Chris Grevsmuhl
12 Kyle Turner
13 Nathan Brown

Interchange
14 Damien Cook
15 Jason Clark
16 David Tyrrell
17 Thomas Burgess
18 Paul Carter
19 Michael Oldfield

and the Manly side for comparison

1. Brett Stewart 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Jamie Lyon 4. Steve Matai 5. Tom Trbojevic 6. Dylan Walker 7. Apisai Koroisau
8. Nate Myles 9. Matt Parcell 10. Brenton Lawrence 11. Martin Taupau 12. Feleti Mateo 13. Jake Trbojevic

Interchange:

14. Lewis Brown 15. Josh Starling 16. Darcy Lussick 17. Siosaia Vave
18. Blake Leary 21. Luke Burgess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol at buying Burgess, giving away your better players and then playing him as a prop! McGuire is a flat out ordinary coach. He was lucky the year he won, as he had 5-6 players at their absolute peak.

Too many rubbish players in Souths' side to do anything.

On the positive Roosters, Newcastle, Cowboys 1-12, Brisbane 13+...my multi says thanks.

Lol at buying Burgess, giving away your better players and then playing him as a prop! McGuire is a flat out ordinary coach. He was lucky the year he won, as he had 5-6 players at their absolute peak.

Too many rubbish players in Souths' side to do anything.

On the positive Roosters, Newcastle, Cowboys 1-12, Brisbane 13+...my multi says thanks.

Isaac Luke and Glen Stewart (who was not that great last year) were already gone when the decision was made to bring back Sam Burgess. Dylan Walker also was on the way out and he was unhappy with how his whole overdose situation. So really the only players we had to give away were McQueen and Tim Grant. But yes, I do agree Sam shouldn't be playing as a prop and I hope that changes soon.

Unfair judgment on Maguire. We were consistently missing out on the finals and the year he took over we finished 3rd and made it to the prelim finals, 2nd the year after and again the prelim finals and in his 3rd year he won it. He has done a whole lot for the club since he has taken over particularly in changing the culture around the team and work ethic of a lot of the guys who were looking to be ordinary park footballers.

One thing I will take on the chin and admit though is Maguire's inability or lack of willingness to experiment. I think this year will be a good year to make a proper assessment of where Maguire is as a coach.

Isaac Luke and Glen Stewart (who was not that great last year) were already gone when the decision was made to bring back Sam Burgess. Dylan Walker also was on the way out and he was unhappy with how his whole overdose situation. So really the only players we had to give away were McQueen and Tim Grant. But yes, I do agree Sam shouldn't be playing as a prop and I hope that changes soon.

Unfair judgment on Maguire. We were consistently missing out on the finals and the year he took over we finished 3rd and made it to the prelim finals, 2nd the year after and again the prelim finals and in his 3rd year he won it. He has done a whole lot for the club since he has taken over particularly in changing the culture around the team and work ethic of a lot of the guys who were looking to be ordinary park footballers.

One thing I will take on the chin and admit though is Maguire's inability or lack of willingness to experiment. I think this year will be a good year to make a proper assessment of where Maguire is as a coach.

It is a really bad management decision to lose up to 5 players to fit one player in, and it costs you depth. Burgess gets injured and you are playing D graders as a result of paying through the roof for a forward. Playing him as a prop is ridiculous and that is the coach's decision. No wonder Napa belted him, as he isn't a prop.

Not unfair on McGuire at all, he has Inglis playing like a busted you know what because your halves are hopeless and can't pass the ball and give him quality ball. Look at how Milford and for that matter Hunt play or Thurston/Morgan. Those halves pass the ball well, they give their centres and wingers quick, clean ball. Honestly it amazes me how BAD Souths pass the ball, and I watch every game of Souths as dad follows them. Then you have the 1000 inside balls, it is boring, predictable and to put it bluntly rubbish attack.

Agree about the halves. Makes the Rabbitohs very dull to watch. I can recognise this because Wigan have the same problem; our only really creative half is out injured for an unspecified period, and we are really suffering for it. And the contrast to JT/Morgan and Hunt/Milford (you could probably chuck in those two lads at the Tigers too) is stark.

It is a really bad management decision to lose up to 5 players to fit one player in, and it costs you depth. Burgess gets injured and you are playing D graders as a result of paying through the roof for a forward. Playing him as a prop is ridiculous and that is the coach's decision. No wonder Napa belted him, as he isn't a prop.

Not unfair on McGuire at all, he has Inglis playing like a busted you know what because your halves are hopeless and can't pass the ball and give him quality ball. Look at how Milford and for that matter Hunt play or Thurston/Morgan. Those halves pass the ball well, they give their centres and wingers quick, clean ball. Honestly it amazes me how BAD Souths pass the ball, and I watch every game of Souths as dad follows them. Then you have the 1000 inside balls, it is boring, predictable and to put it bluntly rubbish attack.

I partly agree with you re the quality of passes from our halves but how is that ultimately Maguire's fault? We don't have a player of Thurston's quality in passing or even style. Reynolds is a kicking half and I've accepted that he won't ever be a world beater in terms of his running game or passing game, 9 times out of 10 he'd rather chip it in goal than make a cut out pass for a try. Keary shows signs but is far too inconsistent. Our best moments are when we get Inglis involved and go out wide as he seems the only one capable of being able to give the wide players good ball. Cody Walker has given a few decent ones but the team hasn't been playing well with him in the side so it's hard to show in results.

they will start getting their s**t together after they lose to broncos
I certainly hope so. Need to kick it into gear sooner rather than later.

In 2014, we had a similar start. I think by round 7 we only had 3 wins. Although that means virtually nothing it does still give me a slight glimmer of hope we can turn things around and get our heads back into the game (and our hands).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back