Cars & Transportation Speeding

Remove this Banner Ad

So, if country drivers are blase and speed thus crash does that mean that if they were concentrating and went the speed limit they wouldnt crash?

Whereas city drivers may be concentrating and going the speed limit when they crash.

Therefore country drivers are still better than city drivers.

So you just lost your own reasoning of why you think there isnt much between city and country drivers.

Stay in pre-school.

Of course it can, but most people that slow down seem oblivious to the empty left hand lane next to them.

There is no need for this Vigilantism to slow people down.

To the people that ride their brakes, have you ever needed to be somewhere in a hurry?

Some people like to get as much done in a day as they can and need to be in several places at once!

Why hold everyone up because you think you're doing the 'right' thing??

There is a stretch of road I travel very frequently, sometimes I am in a hurry, most times I am not. So those times I'm not I will sit on or as close as possible to the speed limit, now this road the speed limit is bullshit and atleast 10ks under what it should be hence 95% of drivers speed on it and you do get tail gated for sticking to the limit, its also only 1 lane each way

However the times I am in a hurry I occassionally get held up, not always because even when in a hurry there always seems to be someone in a bigger hurry. But when I am in a hurry if I get held up, rather than tailgate, flash or whatever I overtake when safe

There is a stretch on the road where its safe to overtake (Was also a target for a massive police blitz i.e traffic cop there day and night, over Christmas-Australia Day period) and I will overtake them at whatever speed is required.

However why I go to the limit when not in a hurry, why risk a fine when there is no need to speed? If I get caught when I need to speed, so be it, shit happens

Yet these people who tailgate and then dont take the opportunities to overtake are ********s

I have also encountered 2 different vehicles going slow who I shot around and overtook who flashed and honked at me for doing so, w***ers, although 1 was when there were 2 lanes briefly after a roundabout so dont know what their problem was other than I took them on the left, but the stupidest driver I ever encountered given I have to go to the wrong side to overtake, its legal with broken lines and plenty of good sight, he sped up, went from 55 to 85 to try and stop me passing him, lucky for him I was in a hurry and just roared past, he slowed back down as soon as I disappeared into the distance

As for the OP and speeding fines. Got very lucky 2 years ago, let off doing 127 in 110 zone on the Hume, had been 3 years without a fine so might have helped. But last year got done for 79 in a 60 zone that for many years had always been 80, dont know when it was dropped, the cop said some bullshit about years but I know thats crap, but I wasnt getting off there because I had seen him when it was too late, so I shot across 6 lanes of traffic both ways and ducked down a side street before he had turned his lights on, well that got him mighty pissed off :D He got abusive and yelling at me even at 1 stage when I didnt hear him, felt like abusing back and saying I am deaf you moron dont you see the hearing aid!

But it would be interesting to know how many get done for speeding whilst overtaking because a car in front slows down, yet its probably because they saw the cops up ahead!

So, if country drivers are blase and speed thus crash does that mean that if they were concentrating and went the speed limit they wouldnt crash?

Whereas city drivers may be concentrating and going the speed limit when they crash.

Therefore country drivers are still better than city drivers.

So you just lost your own reasoning of why you think there isnt much between city and country drivers.

It's not my reasoning son, it's the actuarial figures, fact and figures insurance companies use to gauge risk and set premiums are not done by guesswork, there is solid decades worth of facts, which are not empirical, they are the result of years of data.

If you don't want to believe it, okay, just say so

He got abusive and yelling at me even at 1 stage when I didnt hear him, felt like abusing back and saying I am deaf you moron dont you see the hearing aid!

The temptation is there, but we both know there can be only one winner

It's not my reasoning son, it's the actuarial figures, fact and figures insurance companies use to gauge risk and set premiums are not done by guesswork, there is solid decades worth of facts, which are not empirical, they are the result of years of data.

If you don't want to believe it, okay, just say so

So lets take 100 drivers. 50 are city and 50 are country.
Per year there are 5 city claimers and 5 country claimers.

However you say that country drivers are blase and speed. Yet lets say city drivers do things by the book. The 'fact' country drivers are blase and speed yet only have 5 claims would suggest they are better drivers than their city counterparts who drive by the rulebook yet still have the same amount of claims.

However you say that country drivers are blase and speed. Yet lets say city drivers do things by the book. The 'fact' country drivers are blase and speed yet only have 5 claims would suggest they are better drivers than their city counterparts who drive by the rulebook yet still have the same amount of claims.

You didnt take into account that there is MUCH more traffic in the city, hence increasing a risk of a crash.

Exactly. There are so many variables you cant take the amount of claims to mean city drivers are better than country drivers.

Ive had 0 crashes. Mark Skaife has probably had countless crashes. Who's the better driver? Mark Skaife by the length of 100 conrad straights.

You also didn't factor in country drivers spend more time on the road hence the risk of a crash increases..

That's a fallacy, country drivers average no more km's because most of them work long hours on farms

People who work in the country servicing the needs of farmer's etc, do the huge amount of km's, but so do the city sales people

I never said city drivers do things by the book

I speed nearly everywhere i go because i can afford the fines!

I have said since I first got my license- time=money so think of all the money i saved by speeding!

mind you I dont speed excessively, just think that when I am in a car with so much technology inside of it I should be allowed to go faster than the 1992 barina plodding along...

IMO if you get in the right lane and you are not at least 10k's over the limit I will tailgate you for a bit until the message is received.

I speed nearly everywhere i go because i can afford the fines!

I have said since I first got my license- time=money so think of all the money i saved by speeding!

mind you I dont speed excessively, just think that when I am in a car with so much technology inside of it I should be allowed to go faster than the 1992 barina plodding along...

IMO if you get in the right lane and you are not at least 10k's over the limit I will tailgate you for a bit until the message is received.

Have some respect pleast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a fallacy, country drivers average no more km's because most of them work long hours on farms

People who work in the country servicing the needs of farmer's etc, do the huge amount of km's, but so do the city sales people

You idiot so everyone that lives in the country lives on a farm, hey and i dont speed cause im still using a horse and cart times are tough in the country..

Spelling isn't a huge part of my role as an Oil and Gas engineer. If I wanted to I could pay some shit ant like you to spell check everything I write. Would get you off the dole queue.

Id suggest getting another person to read out the OP to you as well n00b 119

Id suggest getting another person to read out the OP to you as well n00b 119

thats ok.

I dont know what a n00b is, but I can rest easy knowing we will win a flag before you do. Enjoy another 14 years of sustained failure both in your real life and for your football side.

sorry to the people who monitor the board, feel free to delete this part where the trawls took it off the rails

BAHAHA if your team plays anything like last night...good luck winning a flag before Freo!

BAHAHA if your team plays anything like last night...good luck winning a flag before Freo!

we will win a flag before Freo.

you cant win without Pav and Sandi and they will be gone by the time Collingwood is finished dominating...

I laugh at the near sightedness of you people. We clearly have the best YOUNG talent in the competition, give it a couple of years and a flag is ours!

I guess here is as good a place as any to post this now...

sunsiamdisappoint.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back