Player Sponsorship Sponsor’s Perk - AAMI tour

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Calling all posters who have contributed towards our 2018 sponsorship of Lever and K Smith - sponsor’s perk incoming.

One of our lucky sponsors plus a guest of their choosing (significant other / friend / tinder date / random you found wandering around at the Richmond Station) gets to go on an exclusive private tour of the AAMI Park facility and the MCG - hosted by Russell Robertson.

The tour is to be held on Thursday, 26 July at 10:30 am.

I’ve been on one of these. Granted it sounds a bit peculiar and awkward but it was actually really fun. It generally starts meeting up with Russell and Mrs Sponsor PR Lady from MFC, and they take you over to watch a spot of training at Gosch’s Paddock and RR (who can talk underwater) provides a bit of gossip about which players the coaching group are really excited about, and who is really professional at training. Then he takes you to AAMI and shows you around, tells some stories about his training days etc. you get to look at players diet sheets and so forth and you get to have a squiz at the whiteboards in the medical rooms which tend to list injury concerns nobody knew about - or you can for a bit until RR clocks you doing it when he marches everyone out of there pronto.

Quick coffee break, then he takes the sponsors on a guided tour of the MCG. I enjoyed that bit too even though I go to the G regularly and have been on a tour previously.

Anyway, it’s good fun and worth doing. I skipped work to go a few years back and I thought it was fun.

If you are a sponsor and you’re interested, post your interest in this thread and I’ll draw a winner from a hat next weekend. If nobody volunteers, I’ll open up expressions of interest to others on the board who may not be player sponsors for 2018.

I don’t have the time but I will be in for the players function. If we have them and if it hasn’t happened.

It was great going a couple of years ago after another failure against some team we should beat.

I don’t have the time but I will be in for the players function. If we have them and if it hasn’t happened.

It was great going a couple of years ago after another failure against some team we should beat.
It already happened I’m afraid Crimson.

Did we lose that week?
It was before round one. Sam Holland and me went along. Everyone was nice and optimistic. Lever had 2 knees. I wish I could time travel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was before round one. Sam Holland and me went along. Everyone was nice and optimistic. Lever had 2 knees. I wish I could time travel

You can, but you can only go in one direction and at one speed.

When u went whp were we Sponsporing then?
Did they suffer a career threatening injury aswell?

The curse
Sort of - not so much an injury but we delisted him. Ben Kennedy was our player when Crimson went along to the BBQ.

hey all.
As it tunred out Proper Gander asked myself if i would liketo go to the AAMI park tour.
Essentially it was exactly what PG said it was in the OP.

My experience I took from it, was that it was a bit too short, and most the players were on an off day since we were flying out today.
Did run into Harmesy on the way in, heading in to get a rub down with a Physio. Aside from him came across Spargo, a Smith (not sure which one, maybe son of shawn) and McKenna walking through the tight corridors of AAMI.

Petrecca was in the gym having a boxing session, Robbo made sure to draw attention to his well maintained rig. (With a rig like his why wouldn't you have your shirt off? Cause the whole time we was walking around without his shirt) A few jokes were made how the Storm guys have to increase the weights in the gym on all the machines because there all beasts.

Russell is very approachable.

Then took the Tour of the G. Wish it was longer, but non the less a good experience. Highly recommended to anyone else next year.

And get this Clayton Oliver didnt know he was lactose intolerant until recently

Haha I have been all my life.
Maybe that’s why he spews on the ground all the time

And get this Clayton Oliver didnt know he was lactose intolerant until recently

Haha I have been all my life.

To be fair, he only recently started playing with Milkshakes.

To be fair, he only recently started playing with Milkshakes.
Knowing you are talking about another human, something about it doesn’t sit well with me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back