Sprints

Remove this Banner Ad

Engimal

Cancelled
10k Posts North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor Pantskyle Minecraft Shiny Penny Ruby
Apr 27, 2010
Tasmania
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I play High School (7-10) football for my school in Tassie. I'm in 8th Grade (14) at the moment and play in Back Pocket/Half Back Flank. Now, I'm about the 2nd fastest on the team and weighing at 64kg and standing at around 5'6", I have the ability to bring some weight into those tackles.

But I'd like to bring some more speed into my game, so I'd like to ask you guys how to improve my sprint times, for a kid my age. Not just for football, but for my athletics carnival which is coming up.
I've heard ankle weights do the trick but I've not looked into them yet.
So, any help?

I play High School (7-10) football for my school in Tassie. I'm in 8th Grade (14) at the moment and play in Back Pocket/Half Back Flank. Now, I'm about the 2nd fastest on the team and weighing at 64kg and standing at around 5'6", I have the ability to bring some weight into those tackles.

But I'd like to bring some more speed into my game, so I'd like to ask you guys how to improve my sprint times, for a kid my age. Not just for football, but for my athletics carnival which is coming up.
I've heard ankle weights do the trick but I've not looked into them yet.
So, any help?
What are your 20 and 10 mtr sprint times ?

Couldn't be sure. All I know is that my 70m is 9.4-9.5 seconds right now, but I'm not very fit at the moment.

actually sprinting will do it at that age...if your second fastest then i don't seem to think you need great improvement there...ankle wts will actually make you slower...your only 14 mate, you'e not peaking for a few years yet, let your natural progression take it's course

Remove this Banner Ad

Back