Competition SpudQoach™ Season 30 - Congratulations TheInjuryFactory!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

wkvb2FO.png

Back by even more popular demand than last time, when we foolishly thought, 'surely there's never been this much popular demand before...' well boy, were we wrong!!

It's the all new, GMO friendly, single origin, 100% improved, Podcast endorsed, contact free, card only, rigorously hygienic Sweet F.A SpudQoach competition!!

That's right, YOU could be the coach of your very own SpudQoach™ team in Season 30!!!

5oGv9XO.gif
How you say?

You will select a 12 player team of the Sweet F.A's finest spuds, based on the selections in the final round of the S29 season, with the aim to record the lowest total SpudQoach™ score of all teams in the competition. The aim of the game is to ensure you select a squad of spudliest spuds that you believe will play EVERY game in S30, but offer the lowest possible SpudQoach™ score as a team.

Your team's SpudQoach™ score is calculated as the sum of all your player’s SpudQoach™ points, which is their qooty DreamTeam average, plus any penalties. Once you submit your team you cannot make any further changes throughout the season.

Register now to play for your chance to win prizes!

Prizes include... well, I guess by now you've probably figured out there's no prizes. Besides, it's not all about the prizes you could win, but about the friendships we make along the way.

WE9uxsv.png

How To Play

1. Choose Your Team

*Select your 12 players. You must select 3 defenders, 3 midfielders, 3 forwards, 2 ruckmen and 1 interchange (any position). S30 Rookies will be classed as defenders.

*All players are to be selected for their positions from the final round's team sheets for Season 29.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-results-thread.1234988/page-12#post-65200513

PLEASE NOTE: Players MUST have been listed in the position they are selected, for the final round of S29.

* No trades or substitutions allowed.
* You can change your team before the season starts.
* Any invalid player selections will be replaced with a random Sweet F.A player at random. It's totally random I promise.
* No team changes allowed after the first bounce of the season.
* Deadline for team submission will be 2pm WST Sunday 2nd August.

2. Choose Your Captain

* Select a Captain from your team who will receive double points.

3. Post Your Team

* Once you have selected your 11 players on the field, your interchange player, and nominated your Captain, please post a screenshot of your team in the thread using the template.

Here's the template for sharing your team, please post a screenshot in the thread to confirm your squad.

* Don't forget to include the hashtag #S30crop

Li7SrKe.png

4. Scoring

Player's Total DT Points/Number of Games Played + Penalties = Player's SpudQoach™ Points (x2 for your Captain)

If Games Played = 0, then Player's SpudQoach™ Points = 200

Team Score = Total SpudQoach™ Points for all players

* At the end of the season, the average SpudQoach™ points for each of your players are tallied.
* For each game a player you have selected fails to play, there is a penalty of +200 points for that player, for that game.
* The winner will be the person with the lowest total SpudQoach™ score (total of all player's averages + double for the captain + any penalties for players who did not play).

Here’s last season’s thread for a sneak peek at what to expect in S30.

FAQs

Q: Isn't this the same as Superqoach?
A:
No, no it's not.

Q: Isn’t Woosh just going to win this again?
A:
No The Jesus, I am going to select someone completely different to win this season… it could be YOU!

Q: Do I have to do anything? This sounds hard.
A:
Nope! Literally all you have to do is pick a team, and then you can forget about it for the whole season!

Q: I'd like to be a player this year - Sab22
A:
No problem, just don't forget to submit your team before the deadline next time!

Q: How do I play again? - The Half Back
A:
Pick a team of spuds. Set and forget. I'll tag you mid season and again at the end.

Q: Just to clarify, I can only name JoshWoodenSpoon once in my team of spuds? - AceAndy
A: Correct. (UPDATE: No w you can't even name him once Ace :'( )

Q: Hey TheInjuryFactory, I played centre in S28 R16 and I'm playing HBF in S29 R1. Do I count as a midfielder or a defender? - Barrybran
A:
Midfielder. Selection is based off the last round of the previous season positions.

Q: I'm confused about the purpose of the interchange player? Is their score included? Or is their score used if someone misses? - Loonerty
A:
It's basically a wildcard player. You pick another player, from any position you like, for the 'interchange' player. That player's score will be added to the team's overall SpudQoach™ score.

Q: Can i pick my own team? - TJASTA
A: Yes!

Q: That's last year's teams. - The Jesus
A: Yep. Selections and positioning is based on the last round's teamsheets of the previous season.

S30 rookies are eligible, and will be considered as defenders only.

Q: What happens when your Pratie is so spudly they are dropped from their Spud Team?

I note one player above included a recently retired player.- Grand Uncle Horace

A: Any player who does not play a single game in S30 automatically registers a maximum SpudQoach score of 200.

Q: Is there a deadline? - GremioPower
A: Yes, read the OP for *s sake.

I will correct any ineligible selections after lockout with randomly selected replacement players, but if someone actually selects a retired player, I'm inclined to leave as is, because you are an idiot.

Sign up now to be a part of S30's wildest tuber based fantasy Qooty competition!!

SpudQoach™ is an adaptation of Spudcoach, thanks to the legendary Jazny for the inspiration.

FAQs updated.

The Jesus
Headless Test Tickle tgrs The Half Back TJASTA NaturalDisaster Santoz Callums_Guns harry000 manangatang Barrybran TigerGod Grand Uncle Horace Agent93 AceAndy

Last edited:
Eligible Players List

Squads

esw9DI5.png
Uncle Horrie's Bowl of Spuds.

Defenders
Sataris (Rats)
AceAndy (Drags)
NoobZor (Chockie Royals)

Mids
Mego Red (Roys)
Jack Bero (furballs)
Cadaver or whatevs he is called (wozzes)

Fwds
Blaze Storm (Drags)
Sante (Dees)
Rodney Dangerfield (Gumbies)

Ru and Ro
Biggie (Dawks)
KhoPhi (Bombers)
Harry000 (wazzes)

Thanks TheInjuryFactory

spud-jpg.923631
1596192748350-png.924176
sportsmaniac89 - Far Kern - Quadzilla
Leviathan Pie - GotTheGoodes - Kirkswan
Rich the babe Evans - Metalcrusher
akkaps - ant555 - Power Raid
Sparkle
spudcoach-png.924992
1596280287219-png.925015
1596162985765-png.925027
GremioPower's S30 Spuds

Captain
GremioPower (SCS)

BK
sataris (SCS) - Roylion (ROY) - Quivorir (DEM)

MF
Cold Sober (DRA) - Kennedy Parker (GCR) - CALL ME SNAKE (BOM)

R
peterss (GUM) - Metalcrusher (LVB)

FW
croweater (WON) - Freofalcon (CIW) - biaseddustyfan (FUR)

IC
GremioPower (SCS)

#S30crop
spud-jpg.925117
1596342685725-png.925478
Defenders: Far kern – Coopers - NSWCrow

Mids: Cold Sober – Requiem – Kennedy Parker

Forwards – 3kz is football – Freofalcon – GremioPower

Rucks – TalkingFootyNow1223 – Biggies

INT: jackenny

Captain – Far Kern

TheInjuryFactory

Last edited:
"Champ" is one of my Irish favourite recipes for Mashed Spuds. So after a disappointing debut in Spud Coach, I have commenced extensive research to compile a list of spuds worthy of entering the Comp as Uncle Horrie's Team "champ".

So thanks TIF for organising this comp.

A bowl of traditioal Irish champ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the benefit of TheInjuryFactory and other Spud Qoaches here is my recipe for Champ.

1 Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and chuck in your scrubber scrubbed but unpeeled spuds.
2 Peel and smash 2 cloves of garlic and chuck into a saucepan of full cream milk and slowly bring to simmer. Turn off and add some finely chopped spring onions. Allow to infuse.
3 When spuds are done, drain throughly and peel. Mash with stacks of good butter, salt and pepper. Slowly add the still warm milk and onions and stir through.
4 Serve in a warmed bowl, make a well in the middle and add a big lump of butter.

I'll do this when I have time later today.

The more threads I feature in of yours, the better you do in the beez.

No need to thank me.

I'll do this when I have time later today.

The more threads I feature in of yours, the better you do in the beez.

No need to thank me.

I doubt TIF will be thanking you.

You are clearly lost and your pants are wet old timer. (get a bag man!). The Irish game is in another thread.

I'm waiting to see how this Irish back pocket goes before considering him for my SpudCoach team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back