Media TheInjuryFactory's Gut Feel™ All-SFA Team - Season 35

Remove this Banner Ad

6S9dj82.png

In an age of analysis paralysis, we here at TiFmedia prefer to buck the trend and search for a more organic, dirt between our toes feel for the game.

TheInjuryFactory's Gut Feel All-SFA Team returns for Season 35 after a pretty decent hiatus to bring you a sneak peek into the hotly contested All-SFA process with a stab in the dark crack at naming this season's best of the best.

As others look to z scores, spoonmeasures, time on ground, weather conditions and other hyper scrutinised micro-assessments of performance, we prefer more of a ‘stick our finger in the air to feel which way the wind’s blowing’ approach.

QC-868.jpg

In a process restrained by quotas, consensus, contingencies and correlations, we’d rather peer through the binoculars from the outer, pencil the highlights into our qooty record, and pick up the word on the street of Sweet’s everyman.

5pJumNt.png

So as the nominations are currently rolling into the Committee Room, we here at TiFmedia will be taking a fairly subjective look at the names on the whiteboard, sharpening the darts and having an educated stab in the dark... duly recognising the cream of the crop in our reasonably experienced and extremely well respected view in...

TheInjuryFactory’s Gut Feel™ All-SFA Team

B: serial_thrilla / JoshWoodenSpoon / T2B_
HB: Dingster / Tigerturbulance / Cadsky
C: TheInjuryFactory / Robertio / beez
HF: FootyGuy13 / nahnah / Mobbs
F: Broken / gab213 / Frothies Mcveigh
FOLL: pantskyle / Tarkyn_24 / omgfridge

INT: damicky / spudmaster

Last edited:

Kennedy Parker has done some odd things but I don’t think he’s changed the Ruck spot to fit 3 players yet.

Don’t be silly

Obviously we won’t all be named in the Ruck position

My gut feel :

6 Demons. 6 Swamprats. 6 Boys Club members. 2 red herrings to throw people off to the fact that the fix is in.

I thought Headless was calling his Expansion Bid “Little Fishies”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TiF's Gut Feel™ All-SFA Team - Backs
97n7xLT.png

Last season this line was absolutely dominated by club leaders, in S34 they were of the Baghdad variety in Jabba73 & BLUEALLTHRU, and once again it looks like the backline of the S35 side will be dominated by the 'selfless' types who've found the sweet spot of hard to statistically measure a player's output whilst simultaneously presenting little quality opposition to contend for spots. I've said it before but I'll say it again, the backline is the domain of sneaky skippers and LG members looking for a safe passage to the All-SFA side. That's why you'll often find the 9th best ruck rover selected down here much to the chagrin of Headless, but what is the committee to do when the alternative is the guy who finally turns up in Round 12 for their first post of the season with a 'these guys again [rolled eyes emoji]' even though they still think it's Season 31 and have never even heard of the Ophidian Spotwoods or whatever they call themselves.

f4v5rzW.png

T2B_ - Dragons FFC

Having once participated in the Sweet FA’s longest ever match thread and also being likely to be in the frame for captaincy honours in the next few seasons, Dragons skipper T2B_ took one for the team in Season 35 and looks set to take one for himself come All-SFA time as a result. Having most notably successfully secured the Dragons' first wooden spoon after 27 seasons in the competition, he is now carefully stewarding the club into complete Ophidian. Sorry freudian slip there, I meant oblivion, as the latest news out of Ljp86 's Lair is that the rest of the lizard chickens are flying the coop, and look set to completely destroy their identity altogether with an impending merger if the talk is to be believed.

Still, the good news is not only does he look set to feature in this season's All-SFA side, but he also looks like being one of the very last Dragons to do so.

He offered up some stats with his self nomination in the committee room, but really, without context and any real awareness of how regularly he was beaten by his opponent or how many goals he gave away it's anyone's guess what any of them mean in the scheme of things, and that all bodes extremely well for his chances.

Welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side Avo, it looks like 3 in a row for you and your first in the customary 'club captains who’ve decided to head back to defence for the good of the team' position, good on you and welcome to the club, the first round is on me.

IWuazSw.png
JoshWoodenSpoon - Las Vegas Bears

JWS has quietly enjoyed a mini renaissance this season having dipped his toes back into the media landscape in Season 35. A stalwart down back having plied his trade at full back for as long as anyone cares to remember, the former Bears skipper even creates his own little player comparison algorithm I assume is still called SpoonMeasures to ensure he secures his well-worn butt groove in the All-SFA players lounge couch as the perennial Full Back selection.

His skipper tony offered up the following absolutely champagne shithousery statistics with his nomination, knowing full well no one in their right mind has any compulsion to actually fact check any of these. While also noting that these stats are not even measured by the competition in any way, shape or form.

But f**k they sound great and very important for a Full Back, so he must be a pretty bloody good one I guess?

#1 at Preventing Goals
#2 in Not Giving Away Frees
#2 in Preventing Kicks
#2 in Preventing Disposals

Joshy, Congrats and welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side. Please, for the love of god bring back your podcast. I don't know how many times I have asked you now, but I'm not sure how much more of Turbo interviewing his regular rotation of Bombers, Furies/Ex Furies and the league's most notable attention whore that minute I can take. I just want someone to talk about "quooty" in a dulcet tone for a change. Please.

jcBAZPr.png

serial_thrilla - Dragons FFC

The former Dragons skipper and unashamed EKA thief serial_thrilla finds himself back in a back pocket in the Season 35 edition of the TheInjuryFactory's Gut Feel™ All-SFA side, having previously secured a back pocket position in 2 of his 3 career All-SFA selections. In fact, all three occasions he has made an All-SFA side have been in the backline and in a pocket or flank, giving you a pretty good understanding of what type of gadget type operator we're dealing with here.

He once again finds himself in line for a defensive selection for being about the 4th or 5th best player in his position but with just enough 'profile' to make up the necessary ground on his ordinary numbers. Having made the 'skippers doing the team thing down back but we all really know why they're back there' thing his own under his captaincy, he has clearly passed on that legacy to his current captain as we can see above, and that favour looks set to be returned in kind with his skipper likely to fight vigorously to sneak his predecessor into the same defensive set up with him.

Thrilla, Welcome once again to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side. Looks like you're going to get away with it again, and for that one can only really look on in misty eyed wonderment and doff the cap to the temerity of your gambit. Top show old chap.

97n7xLT.png

Last season this line was absolutely dominated by club leaders, in S34 they were of the Baghdad variety in Jabba73 & BLUEALLTHRU, and once again it looks like the backline of the S35 side will be dominated by the 'selfless' types who've found the sweet spot of hard to statistically measure a player's output whilst simultaneously presenting little quality opposition to contend for spots. I've said it before but I'll say it again, the backline is the domain of sneaky skippers and LG members looking for a safe passage to the All-SFA side. That's why you'll often find the 9th best ruck rover selected down here much to the chagrin of Headless, but what is the committee to do when the alternative is the guy who finally turns up in Round 12 for their first post of the season with a 'these guys again [rolled eyes emoji]' even though they still think it's Season 31 and have never even heard of the Ophidian Spotwoods or whatever they call themselves.

f4v5rzW.png

T2B_ - Dragons FFC

Having once participated in the Sweet FA’s longest ever match thread and also being likely to be in the frame for captaincy honours in the next few seasons, Dragons skipper T2B_ took one for the team in Season 35 and looks set to take one for himself come All-SFA time as a result. Having most notably successfully secured the Dragons' first wooden spoon after 27 seasons in the competition, he is now carefully stewarding the club into complete Ophidian. Sorry freudian slip there, I meant oblivion, as the latest news out of Ljp86 's Lair is that the rest of the lizard chickens are flying the coop, and look set to completely destroy their identity altogether with an impending merger if the talk is to be believed.

Still, the good news is not only does he look set to feature in this season's All-SFA side, but he also looks like being one of the very last Dragons to do so.

He offered up some stats with his self nomination in the committee room, but really, without context and any real awareness of how regularly he was beaten by his opponent or how many goals he gave away it's anyone's guess what any of them mean in the scheme of things, and that all bodes extremely well for his chances.

Welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side Avo, it looks like 3 in a row for you and your first in the customary 'club captains who’ve decided to head back to defence for the good of the team' position, good on you and welcome to the club, the first round is on me.

IWuazSw.png
JoshWoodenSpoon - Las Vegas Bears

JWS has quietly enjoyed a mini renaissance this season having dipped his toes back into the media landscape in Season 35. A stalwart down back having plied his trade at full back for as long as anyone cares to remember, the former Bears skipper even creates his own little player comparison algorithm I assume is still called SpoonMeasures to ensure he secures his well-worn butt groove in the All-SFA players lounge couch as the perennial Full Back selection.

His skipper tony offered up the following absolutely champagne shithousery statistics with his nomination, knowing full well no one in their right mind has any compulsion to actually fact check any of these. While also noting that these stats are not even measured by the competition in any way, shape or form.

But f**k they sound great and very important for a Full Back, so he must be a pretty bloody good one I guess?

#1 at Preventing Goals
#2 in Not Giving Away Frees
#2 in Preventing Kicks
#2 in Preventing Disposals

Joshy, Congrats and welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side. Please, for the love of god bring back your podcast. I don't know how many times I have asked you now, but I'm not sure how much more of Turbo interviewing his regular rotation of Bombers, Furies/Ex Furies and the league's most notable attention whore that minute I can take. I just want someone to talk about "quooty" in a dulcet tone for a change. Please.

jcBAZPr.png

serial_thrilla - Dragons FFC

The former Dragons skipper and unashamed EKA thief serial_thrilla finds himself back in a back pocket in the Season 35 edition of the TheInjuryFactory's Gut Feel™ All-SFA side, having previously secured a back pocket position in 2 of his 3 career All-SFA selections. In fact, all three occasions he has made an All-SFA side have been in the backline and in a pocket or flank, giving you a pretty good understanding of what type of gadget type operator we're dealing with here.

He once again finds himself in line for a defensive selection for being about the 4th or 5th best player in his position but with just enough 'profile' to make up the necessary ground on his ordinary numbers. Having made the 'skippers doing the team thing down back but we all really know why they're back there' thing his own under his captaincy, he has clearly passed on that legacy to his current captain as we can see above, and that favour looks set to be returned in kind with his skipper likely to fight vigorously to sneak his predecessor into the same defensive set up with him.

Thrilla, Welcome once again to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side. Looks like you're going to get away with it again, and for that one can only really look on in misty eyed wonderment and doff the cap to the temerity of your gambit. Top show old chap.
FB_IMG_1684800518572.jpg

B: SalmonBluella / Norwalk Agent93 / FKASCaris
HB: ethamoeba / Giardia Hawk / E. Kophi
C: Rota69 Virus / The CryptKingsporidium Parvum / Casrson Diarrhea
HF: Beandiphyllobothrium Latum / Cyclospora Cayzetanensis / NaturalDysantry
F: Blueworms / Piggy Smalls Round Structured Virus / PeanutButter Flies
FOLL: Cholera92 / Bastyyllus Cereus / Clodstridium Botulinum

INT: Wagstaffylococcus Aureus / Crampaigner for good​

B: SalmonBluella / Norwalk Agent93 / FKASCaris
HB: ethamoeba / Giardia Hawk / E. Kophi
C: Rota69 Virus / The CryptKingsporidium Parvum / Casrson Diarrhea
HF: Beandiphyllobothrium Latum / Cyclospora Cayzetanensis / NaturalDysantry
F: Blueworms / Piggy Smalls Round Structured Virus / PeanutButter Flies
FOLL: Cholera92 / Bastyyllus Cereus / Clodstridium Botulinum

INT: Wagstaffylococcus Aureus / Crampaigner for good​
Ahh yes, the Nature's Own™ Gut Health All-SFA side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back