Event SFA Hall of Fame Inductions - Class of Season 35 - 4:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Have seen some year tens get caught out pretty quick. They had to redo supervised with a laptop that had no wifi credentials. Lol. Should just get a 0.

Nah, doesn't go far enough, make them handwrite it instead.

Forget Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

This is without a doubt, the most special moment of my time here in the Sweet Football Association and I frankly do not know where to begin.

It brings me joy of the highest magnitude to be elevated to Immortal status and have the immense honour of standing alongside the greats of the game; Ljp86, boncer34, Mobbs, Fred, Broken, and my good buddy and teammate Tarkyn_24. To some, this game we call Qooty and the league we call the Sweet Football Association, may not be as personal to some as it is to others, but for me, it is personal and so this does mean something special. I joined the Sweet F.A approaching a decade ago, introduced by fumbler. It took a while to get the grasp of things, but once I did, I fell in love with the game and community that Mobbs created and everyone has fostered over time. This place has seen me through some not-so-ideal periods in the real world.

The kind words offered by Kennedy Parker, Tarkyn_24 and Headless are most appreciated, coming from some of the most well-respected posters around that have made my time here infinitely better. I can only hope the contributions you all speak (way too highly of) have offered some amount of joy to everyone that passes through this league whether they know it or not. It is a special, unique and niche community.

I am going to miss out a whole lot of people here, but I want to use this time to give a shoutout to a list of people that have been integral to me enjoying this place over time. The Filth Wizard and Danoz - these two convinced me to join the Dragons FFC in my second season and although it was great fun, they taught me about the competition and how to be a respectable poster. Filth (who I expect to be elevated in due course) gave me the opportunity to shadow him through his entire reign as Admin and see first-hand what it takes to be one of the best. Danoz lit the spark in me to want to pursue the history of this place and is an underrated figure for contributions made to the game. In a similar vein, Eth, who needs to rejoin the Demons, and Kennedy Parker also have taught me a lot about this side of things - and a special shoutout to KP who steadied the league after a rough period and then decided he wanted more pain a few seasons later. Mobbs has been peppered with questions by me this entire time, and I annoy him on Minecraft when I decide to play, so it was probably fair to thank him for creating the place and putting up with me. Ljp86, who has been perhaps one of the most important people in this place and I had the great honour of playing alongside for many seasons. Broken, who has been a great inspiration of mine for the longest period of time and who I enjoy the benefits of his contributions to the league constantly. Tarkyn_24, manangatang, and Headless - I can categorically say I have had no more joy in a team than at the Mount Buller Demons. When on a decline in enthusiasm, it was you lot who kept me up and about and wanting to continue posting. I need not list your own accomplishments as some of the league's greatest, but just want to offer a thank you more than anything. Wosh, who like many others, deserves an insane amount of credit for the success of this place. Not many see what Wosh does, and personally, has kept me absolutely sane over the years - an absolute rock who I will never have a bad word to say about. To okeydoke7, I wish to use this space to not only thank you for your contributions that make you equally deserving of praise from all but as well for being kind enough with your words and putting my name forward. It did not go noticed and my appreciation is immense. And thank you to the kind souls that were nice enough to vote in favour of my elevation, that means the world and is of great meaning to me.

Tough luck if you got this far and were not given a mention, I still love you.

This is rather neat, as Sweet F.A+ will turn one in the coming days. Unfortunately, I was ill this month, but I do still plan on major reforms to hopefully and more functionality in the coming months.

What is also super neat is that brahj, who made his debut in the same season as I, has been inducted into the Sweet F.A Hall of Fame. As Tarkyn said about my contributions in the second half of the league's existence, I can say the same for brahj. Congratulations on joining the club!

I won't apologise for the sappy post, so shh! I look forward to taking part in Season 36! Unless the Demons get smashed again. Then get stuffed.

Thank you to Kennedy Parker and TheInjuryFactory for your efforts in here. And to everyone who has offered kind words, thank you too. You make the place go around.

Last edited:
Mazel tov to brahj for your induction to the HoF, and to Hate for your elevation to Immortal status. Both of you are thoroughly deserving of these accolades and of the congratulations of your peers & the SFA community.

This event is a decent exclamation mark to your administrative season Kennedy Parker and TheInjuryFactory your work behind the scenes is second to none. It won’t be long until your own inevitable admission and/or elevation.

Congrats also to everyone who were nominated for admission and elevation, I hope & believe it’s just a matter of time before you too receive recognition.

Congrats Tonga Bob on winning the Golden Pants.

And congrats to Tonga Bob. I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kennedy Parker also have taught me a lot about this side of things - and a special shoutout to KP who steadied the league after a rough period and then decided he wanted more pain a few seasons later.
Some times I think about where I could be in life if turned down when you asked me to be admin. I could've washed my hands of the SFA 6 years ago and instead be further ahead in life than I am now. 😂

All worth it to see your work king. :crown:

Congratulations to you brahj on your elevation into the HOF. A well deserved honour. Very funny fella.

And Hate, no one deserves elevation to legend more than you, congratulations. I'll happily put my hand up and admit I didn't realise how much work went into this place early on in my stay around here. What you have contributed is immense.

You leave a legacy that I don't think can be matched. All I can do is say thank you. I dip my lid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back