Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
MRRcciK.png

Welcome all to the Season 36, Hall of Fame induction ceremony. The Hall of Fame Subcommittee has voted to induct one new member to the Hall Of Fame this season. A celebration of their achievements and contributions to the SFA will proceed at 8.30pm AEST.

AnUltimateRessie omgfridge jackster83 Callums_Guns Robertio Cadsky Mobbs tony Greenery Jabba73 Falconista manangatang TheInjuryFactory

Each season, a select few greats of the game are inducted as members of the Sweet FA Hall of Fame.

The Hall of Fame Presentation is one of the Sweet FA’s most prestigious events. The honour roll of those inducted is distinguished, and adorned further by the elevation of the absolute elite to legend status.

In Season 13, the Sweet FA announced 6 inductees into the Sweet FA Hall of Fame. The subsequent addition of 29 inductees has increased the Sweet FA Hall of Fame to 35. Among this number are 7 Sweet FA Hall of Fame Immortals (there is a restriction that no more than 20 per cent of inductees may be Immortals). Individuals are selected for Immortal status if they have caused the game to change significantly for the better.

The Sweet FA Hall of Fame seeks to recognise and enshrine players who have made significant contributions to the Sweet FA – in a variety of roles – since the game’s inception in 2001. The committee considers candidates on the basis of record, engagement, integrity, character, service to the league. The number of games played or years of service is a consideration only and does not determine eligibility.

There is a restriction in place to ensure that there is never more Hall of Fame members than there are seasons completed.

A summary of inductees can be found below.

Hall of Fame MemberInduction Season
hof.png
Immortal Elevation Season
ezgif-4-95c42dc08a.png
Sweet FA Plus Profile
Ljp8613 - LINK22 - LINKLjp86 - Profile
Boncer3413 - LINK16 - LINKBoncer34 - Profile
Mobbs13 - LINK16 - LINKMobbs - Profile
Fred13 - LINK19 - LINKFred - Profile
Deestroy13 - LINKDeestroy - Profile
eagleskickass13 - LINKEka - Profile
rfctigerarmy14 - LINKRfctigerar - Profile
dougthelegend14 - LINKDougtheleg - Profile
wce_all_da_way15 - LINKWally - Profile
Pie 4 Life15 - LINKhttps://sweetfa.plus/players/PIE 4 LIFE
Broken16 - LINK26 - LINKBroken - Profile
Tarkyn_2416 - LINK34 - LINKTarkyn_24 - Profile
ClarkeM17 - LINKClarkem - Profile
Itsmyshow17 - LINKItsmyshow - Profile
Frankston Rover18 - LINKFrankston - Profile
croweater 4118 - LINKCroweater - Profile
okeydoke719 - LINKOkeydoke7 - Profile
beez22 - LINKBeez - Profile
Eth22 - LINKEth - Profile
Biggie25 - LINKBiggie - Profile
larrikin25 - LINKLarrikin - Profile
ant55525 - LINKAnt555 - Profile
The Filth Wizard25 - LINKhttps://sweetfa.plus/players/THE FILTH
Hate26 - LINK35 - LINKHate - Profile
Dingster26 - LINKDingster - Profile
loopy_cam27 - LINKLoopy_Cam - Profile
pantskyle28 - LINKPantskyle - Profile
DemonJim29 - LINKDemonjim - Profile
Kennedy Parker30 - LINKhttps://sweetfa.plus/players/KENNEDY PA
fitzroybowiedog32 - LINKFitzroybow - Profile
sausageroll34 - LINKSausagerol - Profile
spookism34 - LINKSpookism - Profile
Ant Bear34 - LINKhttps://sweetfa.plus/players/ANT BEAR
Headless34 - LINKHeadless - Profile
Brahj35 - LINKBrahj - Profile

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

S36 Inductee: manangatang
NuZAH52.gif

JhbfBoh.gif

Thank you to TheInjuryFactory for the graphics.
Nomination for Hall of Fame - by Headless:

ACHIEVEMENTS AND ACCOLADES:

• beez Trophy (Season 28), plus three other top-five finishes
  • 8th most beez votes of all time
  • 6x All-Sweet FA (Seasons 26-28, 30, 33-34)
  • 2x premierships (Seasons 26, 31), premiership captain in Season 31
  • Longest-serving captain of Mount Buller Demons
  • General Manager of Qooty Operations (S34-36)

NOTES/CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE LEAGUE:

Since debuting for the Fighting Furies in Season 24, manangatang has been one of the league's most outstanding posters. Crowned the beez Trophy winner in Season 28, mang also finished 2nd in Season 29, 3rd in Season 30, and 4th in Season 27. mang has polled in every season since Season 25.

With six All-Sweet FA selections, including captaincy honours, manangatang has also been a star contributor on field in a variety of positions. Notable is mang's willingness to play in less glamorous positions - and also not play at all on numerous occasions - to facilitate and lead a culture at the Demons centred on unselfishness and inclusivity.

manangatang is the Mount Buller Demons' longest-serving captain (since Season 28), and has been in the committee for the duration of that period. mang's leadership has extended beyond the Demons, including board moderation, holding the position of General Manager of Qooty Operations under Kennedy Parker, and creating the all-time greatest match threads.

Without doubt, manangatang has been a force of the competition, and a place in the Hall of Fame would be appropriate recognition of this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the Class of Season 36, we induct the omnipresent manangatang into the SFA Hall Of Fame.

When I think of mang, I think of intelligence, a quiet assurance, and an ability to keep his head when many around him are losing theirs. He is a deep thinker with an ingenious, creative mind and a dry and sometimes absurdist sense of humour, who has produced some absolutely outstanding media across the journey. He was duly rewarded with a beez win in S28 for a fantastic body of work. And the next season, who could forget the Match Thread OP's in Season 29, the Choose Your Own Adventure series?

Media, of which I hope we see more, is but a small part of what he has brought to the SFA. He is entering into a 10th season as captain of the Mt Buller Demons, unbelievable. He worked alongside Kennedy Parker as General Manager of Qootball Operations for 3 seasons, and is a long standing member of the committee. He has won the Frankston Rover award for his behind the scenes efforts as well.

Qootball wise he's played 211 games, is a 7 time All SFA, including as an All SFA captain, a 2 time B&F winner, a 2 time Premiership winner, a beez medallist, and is 9th all time for beez votes.

It's an astonishing CV, and I cannot think of a more worthy selection as this years selection for elevation into the Hall Of Fame.

Congratulations manangatang, thoroughly deserved.

Below we'll read some words kindly offered from some of those you have worked with along the way.

Last edited:
Speeches: Headless, Tarkyn_24, Wosh
Tarkyn_24:
There is no better poster to encapsulate the freedom and humour of this competition than manangatang

Others will talk of his achievements league wide, of which there are many. Others will mention his witty persona, which produced an unparalleled set of match thread OPs which emphasised mang’s ingenuity, creativity and humour. These achievements are noteworthy, Hall of Fame worthy, but they barely scratch the surface of the person and poster and mang is. So while others talk of accolades, I prefer instead to focus on personality, and what mang has meant to me.

By the time manangatang joined the Demons, I’d experienced 20 seasons of the competition and basically everything it had to offer. He forged a path to the Demons from the Furies, and immediately captured his new teammates attention with his quick wit and regular contributions. Within no time he’d been elevated to captain of the Demons - a feat which was no surprise to any of those who were able to post alongside him week after week. From there, he established his greatest legacy, as the club continued to peak higher and higher on and off the field. His leadership, guidance and engagement with his teammates brought more regular, high quality activity than any club had ever produced before. The side became a juggernaut, and even when on-field success deserted us, that complement of posters remained. The secret to it all was mang’s commitment to making sure every player felt valued, heard and seen. He continually sacrificed to his own detriment and personal enjoyment to create an environment that others would thrive in. Mang has in his time here become a permanent fixture of both club and competition history, devoting countless hours to both, and making sure that the SFA was indisputably in a better place than what it had been when he arrived. It has been the absolute mother of all copy and paste jobs. My engagement for the last ten seasons has been significantly influenced by the environment mang has created; and every club would be made better for similar custodians of their own.

This accolade is so well deserved because the poster we know matches the man behind the persona. Easy going, friendly and welcoming. Congratulations mang on this gong, and welcome to the SFA’s elite.

Headless:

I think this Hall of Fame induction should be to the surprise of absolutely nobody who has been involved in Sweet over the last many seasons. manangatang has been endlessly creative and engaging in my time here, and has contributed hour upon hour of work to ensure this place has run smoothly.

There are few awards manangatang hasn't won, so it's notable that perhaps mang's biggest contributions are actually invisible to most. On a personal level, manangatang is always supportive and understanding; it is no suprise that the team mang leads has been one of if not the most stable for years on end.

I believe manangatang will soon equal the record for most consecutive seasons captained at the same club. mang's influence on my beloved Demons is perhaps unparalleled, and for that, I am thankful.

Congratulations, mang, and thank you.

Wosh:

manangatang has been an absolute pleasure to play with the last 2 seasons and has made my move to the Demons really want to be my last move. The culture, the camaraderie and the fun shared amongst this bunch of people playing a game on the internet has been built from the top, and as much as many have contributed at the end of the day the Captain sets the tone.

As for his other work here, he’s helpful, honest, witty, and I know he has contributed importantly to the behind the scenes running of the League not only in what he does but in what opinions he gives. His judgement is always spot on and fair.

There are many others who know you better and are far more worthy than me to speak of your achievements and character here mang but I do want to congratulate you on your entry into the Hall Of Fame and you thoroughly deserve it ❤️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back