Media The Official Playlist of 'Know Your Opponents' Episodes for Season 36

Remove this Banner Ad

A Reintroduction to Know Your Opponents
know your opponents.png

Hello my children,

I trust this thread finds you.

As the captain of a Sweet Football Association club I feel it is part of my role to ensure that my team know who exactly they are up against in any given round. Those of you with a somewhat functioning memory will already know this, for I have incorporated bite-sized nuggets of information within match threads throughout the past three seasons under the moniker of 'Know Your Opponents'. I just made up any old crap the first season I did this, however I gave it a bit more structure the second time around, by looking to describe opposing teams as fictional families and/or characters. This second iteration I compiled in a compendium, which you can view here.

So my challenge for this season was to mix things up a bit, and mix things up I did. With the musical stylings of many running through this place from various song contests that TubbsFarquhar and others run to the Friday night YouTubeathon that Kilroy runs over in Baghdad to the blackboard-scraping goodness of Tigerturbulance in full cry, the answer to my question was obvious - I leaned on the medium of song to help describe our opponents in season 36.

And that brings us to today friends. What you have before you is an aural compendium of my bite-sized nuggets. To Know Your Opponents is to Know Your Product, and the product on offer here is a compilation album.

1699949133245.png

So do yourself a favour Sweet. Turn your device up, plug the speakers in and get set a musical journey through the many teams of Sweet...

Now That's What I Call Knowing Your Opponents
...so without any further ado, here is the compilation album.

1699949266286.png
1699949293535.png

Note: some of the songs have swears so be careful who's around when you listen​

Last edited:
The Know Your Opponents Posts For Season 36
know your opponents.png

Here's a link to each KYO post in season 36. Here you'll find not only the songs that make up the compilation album, but other remixes and additional comments on how the songs relate to the teams.

Round 1) Official Match Thread - Season 36 Round 1: Coney Island Warriors v Roys FFC @ Van Cordlandt Park

Round 2) Official Match Thread - S36 RD 2 East Side Phoenix v Coney Island Warriors @ The Eyrie

Round 3) Official Match Thread - Season 36 Round 3 - Las Vegas Bears v Coney Island Warriors @The Stadium in the Sky [MOTR]

Round 4) Bye round, no song here. Here, no song.

Round 5) Official Match Thread - Season 36 Round 5 - Coney Island Warriors v Sin City Swamprats @ Van Cordlandt Park

Round 6) Official Match Thread - Season 36 Round 6 - Gold City Royals v Coney Island Warriors @ The Golden Throne

Round 7) Official Match Thread - Season 36 Round 7 - Coney Island Warriors v Fighting Furies @ Van Cortlandt Park

Round 8) Official Match Thread - Season 36 Round 8 - West Coast Wonders v Coney Island Warriors @ The Colosseum

Round 9) Official Match Thread - Season 36 Round 9 - Baghdad Bomber vs Coney Island Warriors @Abdu Prison

Round 10) Official Match Thread - Season 36 Round 10 - Coney Island Warriors v Mount Buller Demons @ Van Cordlandt Park

Round 11) Official Match Thread - Season 36 Round 11 - Gumbies FFC v Coney Island Warriors @ House of Gumby

Round 12) Official Match Thread - Season 36 Round 12 - Coney Island Warriors v Dragons FFC @ Van Cordlandt Park

Round 13) Official Match Thread - Season 36 Round 13: Coney Island Warriors v Ophidian Old Boys at Van Cortlandt Park

Last edited:

View attachment 1852535

Hello my children,

I trust this thread finds you.

As the captain of a Sweet Football Association club I feel it is part of my role to ensure that my team know who exactly they are up against in any given round. Those of you with a somewhat functioning memory will already know this, for I have incorporated bite-sized nuggets of information within match threads throughout the past three seasons under the moniker of 'Know Your Opponents'. I just made up any old crap the first season I did this, however I gave it a bit more structure the second time around, by looking to describe opposing teams as fictional families and/or characters. This second iteration I compiled in a compendium, which you can view here.

So my challenge for this season was to mix things up a bit, and mix things up I did. With the musical stylings of many running through this place from various song contests that TubbsFarquhar and others run to the Friday night YouTubeathon that Kilroy runs over in Baghdad to the blackboard-scraping goodness of Tigerturbulance in full cry, the answer to my question was obvious - I leaned on the medium of song to help describe our opponents in season 36.

And that brings us to today friends. What you have before you is an aural compendium of my bite-sized nuggets. To Know Your Opponents is to Know Your Product, and the product on offer here is a compilation album.

So do yourself a favour Sweet. Turn your device up, plug the speakers in and get set a musical journey through the many teams of Sweet...
I hope some of my musical hits get featured:
cover.jpg cover.jpg RECORF.jpg

Now Taking Requests
Now it's over to you Sweet. Let me know what songs you think best describe either your own team or an opponent.

The lines are open...

Stand Up What GIF by 800 Pound Gorilla Media

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*Barbie's been a princess way too long
Barbie's got a gun with no safety on
Barbie needs to listen when I ******* talk
Barbie thinks Ken is about to get shot*
Yes thank you Delph. I heard it the first time.

But I would never resort to violence with Barbie.

*Barbie's been a princess way too long
Barbie's got a gun with no safety on
Barbie needs to listen when I ******* talk
Barbie thinks Ken is about to get shot*
Yes thank you Delph. I heard it the first time.

But I would never resort to violence with Barbie.
Do you think there's any hidden meaning in the song at all?

You'd think the fact that he doesn't have any genitals would have been a warning not to piss Barbie off
He knows what he did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back