Event SFA Hall of Fame Induction - Class of Season 36 - 8.30pm (ish) AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

An absolutely terrific induction that will be met by true universal acclaim.

Aside from all the great behind the scenes work he has done for a long time, he is a truly elegant poster and a friend to many in this crazy little joint.

Any thread Mang starts is a must read for heaps of us. I always take care not to be swallowing liquid or food when I read his guff. Too often said food and liquid found novel pathways outta here.

I hope Mang has a little more time now to kick off some wacky threads. As a selfish old bastinado I did not want him to Admin or hold KPs mitts. I also think it high time he ditched his long term tilt at windmill task of making the Snow Bunnies successful.

Go well young fella.

NuZAH52.gif

JhbfBoh.gif

Thank you to TheInjuryFactory for the graphics.
Nomination for Hall of Fame - by Headless:

ACHIEVEMENTS AND ACCOLADES:

• beez Trophy (Season 28), plus three other top-five finishes
  • 8th most beez votes of all time
  • 6x All-Sweet FA (Seasons 26-28, 30, 33-34)
  • 2x premierships (Seasons 26, 31), premiership captain in Season 31
  • Longest-serving captain of Mount Buller Demons
  • General Manager of Qooty Operations (S34-36)

NOTES/CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE LEAGUE:

Since debuting for the Fighting Furies in Season 24, manangatang has been one of the league's most outstanding posters. Crowned the beez Trophy winner in Season 28, mang also finished 2nd in Season 29, 3rd in Season 30, and 4th in Season 27. mang has polled in every season since Season 25.

With six All-Sweet FA selections, including captaincy honours, manangatang has also been a star contributor on field in a variety of positions. Notable is mang's willingness to play in less glamorous positions - and also not play at all on numerous occasions - to facilitate and lead a culture at the Demons centred on unselfishness and inclusivity.

manangatang is the Mount Buller Demons' longest-serving captain (since Season 28), and has been in the committee for the duration of that period. mang's leadership has extended beyond the Demons, including board moderation, holding the position of General Manager of Qooty Operations under Kennedy Parker, and creating the all-time greatest match threads.

Without doubt, manangatang has been a force of the competition, and a place in the Hall of Fame would be appropriate recognition of this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the Class of Season 36, we induct the omnipresent manangatang into the SFA Hall Of Fame.

When I think of mang, I think of intelligence, a quiet assurance, and an ability to keep his head when many around him are losing theirs. He is a deep thinker with an ingenious, creative mind and a dry and sometimes absurdist sense of humour, who has produced some absolutely outstanding media across the journey. He was duly rewarded with a beez win in S28 for a fantastic body of work. And the next season, who could forget the Match Thread OP's in Season 29, the Choose Your Own Adventure series?

Media, of which I hope we see more, is but a small part of what he has brought to the SFA. He is entering into a 10th season as captain of the Mt Buller Demons, unbelievable. He worked alongside Kennedy Parker as General Manager of Qootball Operations for 3 seasons, and is a long standing member of the committee. He has won the Frankston Rover award for his behind the scenes efforts as well.

Qootball wise he's played 211 games, is a 7 time All SFA, including as an All SFA captain, a 2 time B&F winner, a 2 time Premiership winner, a beez medallist, and is 9th all time for beez votes.

It's an astonishing CV, and I cannot think of a more worthy selection as this years selection for elevation into the Hall Of Fame.

Congratulations manangatang, thoroughly deserved.

Below we'll read some words kindly offered from some of those you have worked with along the way.

Congratulations manangatang. Undeniably deserved!

Congratulations manangatang

Throughly deserved, huge honour to be at Buller the sametime learning from your leadership and seeing first hand how much work you put in behind the scenes

MBD is an absolute powerhouse and so much of that comes down too you !!

Amazing career to date is also a huge achievement in itself with yourself and others always having a club first approach

Congratulations manangatang

Achieved almost all there is to achieve and yet still putting in the work behind the scenes in the league and at your team across multiple eras. We are lucky to have you here in Sweet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back