Event SFA Hall of Fame Inductions - Class of Season 35 - 4:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Immortal. He achieved Immortal.

Any pleb can can be Hall Of Fame.
Well it's only downhill from the peak. Good luck with your future endeavors Hate. 😍

Went down like a lead balloon.
iu

This is without a doubt, the most special moment of my time here in the Sweet Football Association and I frankly do not know where to begin.

I won't apologise for the sappy post, so shh! I look forward to taking part in Season 36! Unless the Demons get smashed again. Then get stuffed.
hate_tshirt2.jpg

Congrats brahj and Hate. I've always enjoyed brahj's work but feel I arrived a little after his peak. I'm fortunate to have been able to see Hate's work with sim, stats and graphics and having been through a little lull myself, I admire his passion to keep doing this season after season. Putting Sweet FA+ together is no mean feat and I would daresay the vast majority of people here don't really understand how lucky they are to have such a resource.

Congrats brahj

And a big congrats to Hate

Well done to you both on your exalted status upgrades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy s**t, I missed this. Two of the absolute best teammates, friends, allies elevated in the league. I've obviously had a chance to speak for brahj by request but my further congratulations to Hate. I probably spoke at your HOF induction and while not a lot would have changed since then Immortal status by nature is awarded for further growth of this game since induction.

It's one thing to congratulate Hate further for Sweet FA +, sure it's a system that will be used forever, a tool the likes of which we have no reason to expect or deserve. Fine, there's the constant upkeep and innovation, boring. What's that? It's user friendly to the degree even our lowest plebs can get lost in it and is the most professional and polished thing ever to enter the league ever since I said yes to a S15 SOO game? Sure.

Hate, congratulations more than anything for enduring. You are one of very few reliable fixtures in this place, you put up and don't shut up season in and out. We would be far weaker without you. Congratulations on league immortality. You can now leave.

Holy s**t, I missed this. Two of the absolute best teammates, friends, allies elevated in the league. I've obviously had a chance to speak for brahj by request but my further congratulations to Hate. I probably spoke at your HOF induction and while not a lot would have changed since then Immortal status by nature is awarded for further growth of this game since induction.

It's one thing to congratulate Hate further for Sweet FA +, sure it's a system that will be used forever, a tool the likes of which we have no reason to expect or deserve. Fine, there's the constant upkeep and innovation, boring. What's that? It's user friendly to the degree even our lowest plebs can get lost in it and is the most professional and polished thing ever to enter the league ever since I said yes to a S15 SOO game? Sure.

Hate, congratulations more than anything for enduring. You are one of very few reliable fixtures in this place, you put up and don't shut up season in and out. We would be far weaker without you. Congratulations on league immortality. You can now leave.
:hearts:

Nomination for Hall of Fame - by Kennedy Parker:
brahj is an iconic character in the SFA having burst onto the scene as a part of the revived Las Vegas Bears in their first season since readmission in Season 18. Then he won the EKA Medal for the best rookie season from a stacked field and would go on to captain the Bears the following season. He would go onto win the club best and fairest along with his first All-SFA selection in Season 19 cementing himself as one of the elite players of the league.

brahj would not slow down in Season 20 as he achieved the honour of being named the All-SFA captain for the season despite playing half the season in the back pocket after losing a bet with VC Quivorir. Under his leadership, the Bears would be considered the strongest posting unit in the league for that season with BigJoeD_ lauding the Bears as having the best core posting unit in the league with brahj himself being the best, and Okeydoke7's relevancy rankings naming the Bears as the most relevant club of Season 20.

After a move to full forward in Season 22, brahj would be instrumental in helping the Las Vegas Bears win their first ever premiership with an All-SFA caliber season and an outstanding finals series. In a tense grand final with the Bears trailing the Dragons by 16 points with 3 minutes to spare, they would kick 3 goals in 2 minutes with brahj booting through what is ultimately the winner as Las Vegas prevailed by 2 points.

A move to the East Side Hawks (now Phoenix) would refresh his career with the highlight being winning the Mobbenfuhrer Medal in Season 24, his second best and fairest and his fourth selection as he helped the Hawks finish the regular season on top of the ladder and make it to the Grand Final. Brahj would move to the Royals in Season 27, and some strong seasons in the midfield would allow him to add a third best and fairest in Season 28 before being a part of the iconic first ever Royals premiership side in Season 30.

Beyond brahj's Qooty achievements, he is most known for a cutting wit and posting prowess matched by few others. He consistently place high in the Beez Trophy, finishing runner up in Season 23 and making the top 20 on five occasions. He also has created a trilogy of epic threads which are amongst some of the largest on the board and have stood the test of time including:
#scandal (the largest ever media thread in the history of the league)
The Sweet FA Landfill (a timeless institution of the league used by administrators and moderators for quality control)
SFA Ask Me Anything (a classic mega thread that is renewed across generations)

For the Class of Season 35, we induct everybody's favourite sloth brahj into the SFA Hall of Fame. Personally, I think of brahj, I think of the best of antagonistic banter within the league. His cutting wit is able to humiliate anyone in a match thread with a single line, while he is also able to construct hilarious stories that are creative, relevant and leave you on the floor with laughter. Brahj has made some of the league's most notorious contributions, including the longest thread in history #scandal, and the SFA landfill still in-use today.

This to go with the fact that he has dominated the sim, winning the Mobbs Medal in Season 24 and played a key role in 2 premierships. He kicked the winning goal in the S22 grand final where RU_ famously said "BRAAAAAAHHHHJJJ" in commentary and smashed a Bombers player in the prelim to the help the Royals to the maiden S30 premiership.

I've had the pleasure of playing with brahj in S30 and have a glimpse of his best. Congratulations mate, here are some tributes from others who have played alongside you over the years.
Sincerely, thanks for this.

#blessed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back