Event Season 35 All-SFA Team Reveal - Choc Mint?

Choc-Mint?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

proxy.php_image=https_3A_2F_2Fi.imgur.com_2F6KbI9rx.png
Hello everyone and welcome to the reveal of the Season 35 All-SFA team. The All-SFA team represents the best of the best of the Sweet FA for any particular season. The criteria for nomination and selection is 50% stats, 50% posting (well in theory anyway).

Each club nominates up to 5 of their own players, who they believe had statistically great seasons and were an engaged contributor.

It is now time to reveal the best and brightest of the SFA for Season 35.

Special thanks to Hate for providing the banner graphics for each of the selected players this season.

I expect a pleasant night of celebrations without much controversy or disagreement.

Defenders - BP, FB
undefined - Imgur (3).png

undefined - Imgur.png

Back Pocket: T2B_ [Dragons FFC]

For the third consecutive season, Dragons captain T2B_ has been selected in the All-SFA team. This time in the back pocket after a resolute season at center half back playing key roles in the Dragons' wins as an interceptor. He averaged 12.5 disposals and 4.38 marks per game and was a prominent poster for the Dragons, leading from the front in engagement with 48 posts per week.

undefined - Imgur (1).png

Fullback: JoshWoodenSpoon [Las Vegas Bears]

Recording a sixth All-SFA selection is JoshWoodenSpoon of the Las Vegas Bears. This season JWS anchored the most miserly defense in the league with the Bears as the team was the toughest team to score against. According to the totally unbiased source that is SpoonMeasures, JWS was the best fullback in the league at preventing goals, second in the league at preventing disposals and even snuck forward at one point for a goal. This defensive prowess was on full display when JWS prevented Okey from kicking the four necessary goals to reach 1000 in Round 18.

undefined - Imgur (2).png

Back Pocket: BLUEALLTHRU [Baghdad Bombers]

Once again selected in the back pocket is the versatile captain of the Baghdad Bombers, BLUEALLTHRU who played 9 games in the back pocket where he was a strong presence in directing play. He also was capable of swinging into the forward line where the Bombers needed another scoring option, averaging a goal a game in the 5 games he played at center half forward. A prominent presence in the posting stakes, BAT is the face of the Bombers and will likely feature strongly in the Beez count following on from last season.

Defenders - HBF, CHB
undefined-imgur-3-png.1716742

undefined - Imgur (4).png

Half Back Flank: Dingster [Las Vegas Bears]

Another defender from the miserly Las Vegas backline to feature in the All-SFA is the league's most handsome man Dingster. The legendary veteran and Hall of Famer lines up in the All-SFA for the 5th time. He averages 14.44 disposals and helps the Bears rebound out of the back half and is extremely disciplined conceding only 0.38 free kicks per game.

undefined - Imgur (5).png

Center Half Back: Tigerturbulance [Ophidian Old Boys]

At Center Half Back in the All-SFA for his 4th selection is the general of the Old Boys Tigerturbulance. In the defensive half, Turbo averages 14.31 disposals per game and takes more than 5 marks proving a tough obstacle for opposition forwards to get around. He is ever-present as usual in the posting stakes being a famed contributor in media, makes 50+ posts in match threads and is one of the most well-known players running around in the SFA.

undefined - Imgur (6).png

Half Back Flank: James Colorado [Fighting Furies]

On the other flank is the Fighting Furies captain James Colorado who has been selected in the All-SFA team for the first time. Playing at center half back, the Furies backline led by JC was the best in the league in Season 35 when it came to preventing opposition scores. Posting wise, JC is a popular, widely known poster with a strong presence in match threads with 58 posts per week.

View attachment 1716747

Back Pocket: BLUEALLTHRU [Baghdad Bombers]

Once again selected in the back pocket is the versatile captain of the Baghdad Bombers, BLUEALLTHRU who played 9 games in the back pocket where he was a strong presence in directing play. He also was capable of swinging into the forward line where the Bombers needed another scoring option, averaging a goal a game in the 5 games he played at center half forward. A prominent presence in the posting stakes, BAT is the face of the Bombers and will likely feature strongly in the Beez count following on from last season.
BEE0AA4C-F740-457C-AEFD-A0A531CC1A19.gif

Humbled to make my first All-SFA team on the same line as Dingster and Tigerturbulance; very rare company to be in.

Midfield - W, C
undefined - Imgur.png

undefined - Imgur (1).png

Wing: hotchilli [Gold City Royals]

Another newbie in the All-SFA team in Season 35 is the wing from Gold City hotchilli. In Season 35, hotchilli displayed tremendous form averaging 20.5 disposals, 5 marks and 1.5 tackles, being a prime mover in the midfield for the Royals and helping them to a top 4 finish. A solid contributor for the Royals as a poster, averaging 21.75 posts per week.

undefined - Imgur (2).png

Center: Robertio [Ophidian Old Boys]

The center for the All-SFA is the Ophidian Old Boys' Robertio. Who also happens to be the leading disposal getter for Season 35 averaging 23 disposals in a season where he took 60+ marks and made 30+ tackles. Robertio is the all round performer as well as being a constant representative for the Old Boys in match threads averaging 122 posts.

undefined - Imgur (3).png

Wing: TheInjuryFactory [Coney Island Warriors]

Collecting a 6th All-SFA selection is none other than the Coney Island Warriors superstar TheInjuryFactory, who has had a very strong Season 35 on the wing. Averaging 20.88 disposals while proving a scoring threat, kicking more than a goal a game. In addition to his 27 posts per week in match threads, TIF has played a major role in supporting the operations around the league, including graphics for Heritage Round, a prominent producer of media and a thought leader in the SFA landscape.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forwards - HFF, CHF
undefined - Imgur (7).png

Half Forward Flank: Mobbs [Ophidian Old Boy]

NOOOOOOoooooooO, why I was having such a good night until I am reminded that this TROGLODYTE still exists in this league. I thought he retired to play minecraft full-time ages ago but unfortunately, much to my dismay he is still here. Kicking goals on the half forward flank for the Old Boys, averaging 14.73 disposals and kicking 26 goals. On the posting front he averaged 88 match threads posts and a lot of minecraft youtube videos.

undefined - Imgur (5).png

Center Half Forward: nahnah [Gold City Royals]

The spearhead and captain for the Gold City Royals nahnah lines up at center half forward in the All-SFA with a great season, netting 60 goals and leading from the front as the Gold City Royals had a strong season finishing in the top 4. nahnah as always is a strong presence in any team he plays for with 56.5 posts per week and is known around the league as the man who gets to decide who is and is not relevant.

undefined - Imgur (6).png

Half Forward Flank: FootyGuy13 [Coney Island Warriors]

On the other forward flank for his first selection is the vice-captain of the Coney Island Warriors, Footyguy13 who has had a tremendous season on the half forward flank, booting 24 goals and averaging 15.63 disposals. He is respected contributor in the league with 20 quality posts in match threads per week, taking on the responsibility of simmer this season and also creating the popular Mobbs Predictor thread in media.

Half Forward Flank: @Mobbs [Ophidian Old Boy]

NOOOOOOoooooooO, why I was having such a good night until I am reminded that this TROGLODYTE still exists in this league. I thought he retired to play minecraft full-time ages ago but unfortunately, much to my dismay he is still here. Kicking goals on the half forward flank for the Old Boys, averaging 14.73 disposals and kicking 26 goals. On the posting front he averaged 88 match threads posts and a lot of minecraft youtube videos.
Getting it in early:

Announcing Intention To Transfer ALL-SFA Cap

"I got a cap I don't think I specifically deserve. Maybe close, but not quite there.

I also see names that missed out who should have been capped. One was compatriot and hardworking forward Mooch

Perusing the guidelines, discussion and history, I find no reason why I cannot do what I now choose to do.

I wish to make public my intention to transfer my All-SFA guernsey to Mooch for S35.

There were 2 or 3 travesties of justice in the named team, but I only have one cap to spend.

Nowhere is it stated that I cannot do this.

Nor does it say anywhere that discussions cannot be reopened, or that decisions cannot be revised or annulled. Nor is shuffling after announcement anywhere outlawed.

The test now lies with Kennedy Parker and the Committee to decide whether now to again make further changes in order to reestablish the assault on Mooch with a further revision to once more exclude him.

If for some violent and malicious reason an 11th hour rule is incorporated to overrule my action, then let it be known that I reject my naming - and expect an asterisk to reflect this wherever appropriate.

Message ends." - Mobbs

Getting it in early:

"I got a cap I don't think I specifically deserve. Maybe close, but not quite there.

I also see names that missed out who should have been capped. One was compatriot and hardworking forward Mooch

Perusing the guidelines, discussion and history, I find no reason why I cannot do what I now choose to do.

I wish to make public my intention to transfer my All-SFA guernsey to Mooch for S35.

There were 2 or 3 travesties of justice in the named team, but I only have one cap to spend.

Nor does it say anywhere that discussions cannot be reopened, or that decisions cannot be revised or annulled. Nor is shuffling after announcement anywhere outlawed.

The test now lies with Kennedy Parker and the Committee to decide whether now to again make further changes in order to reestablish the assault on Mooch with a further revision to once more exclude him.

If for some violent and malicious reason an 11th hour rule is incorporated to overrule my action, then let it be known that I reject my naming - and expect an asterisk to reflect this wherever appropriate.

Message ends." - Mobbs
Is this an actual quote from Mobbs, even if it is, who gives a s**t what that TROGLODYTE thinks.

View attachment 1716777

View attachment 1716775

Wing: hotchilli [Gold City Royals]

Another newbie in the All-SFA team in Season 35 is the wing from Gold City hotchilli. In Season 35, hotchilli displayed tremendous form averaging 20.5 disposals, 5 marks and 1.5 tackles, being a prime mover in the midfield for the Royals and helping them to a top 4 finish. A solid contributor for the Royals as a poster, averaging 21.75 posts per week.

View attachment 1716778

Center: Robertio [Ophidian Old Boys]

The center for the All-SFA is the Ophidian Old Boys' Robertio. Who also happens to be the leading disposal getter for Season 35 averaging 23 disposals in a season where he took 60+ marks and made 30+ tackles. Robertio is the all round performer as well as being a constant representative for the Old Boys in match threads averaging 122 posts.

View attachment 1716779

Wing: TheInjuryFactory [Coney Island Warriors]

Collecting a 6th All-SFA selection is none other than the Coney Island Warriors superstar TheInjuryFactory, who has had a very strong Season 35 on the wing. Averaging 20.88 disposals while proving a scoring threat, kicking more than a goal a game. In addition to his 27 posts per week in match threads, TIF has played a major role in supporting the operations around the league, including graphics for Heritage Round, a prominent producer of media and a thought leader in the SFA landscape.
Look how good I am Zevon, the choc mint diet is paying off.

Forwards - FP, FF
undefined-imgur-7-png.1716785

undefined - Imgur (8).png

Forward Pocket: Frothies Mcveigh [West Coast Wonders]

Lining up in the forward pocket of the All-SFA for his fifth selection but first since Season 14 is the Wonders co-captain and spearhead, Frothies McVeigh. Frothies played a major role in bringing the Wonders into the top 2 in Season 35 booting 62 goals including two huge bags of 10 and 11 in Round 8 and 10 against the Swamprats and Bombers respectively. He is opportunistic, being the most accurate full forward in the league. A consistent match thread poster, Frothies is veteran of the Wonders and well-respected amongst the league.

undefined - Imgur (9).png

Full Forward: gab213 [Baghdad Bombers]

Full forward for the All-SFA team in his first appearance is the Fred Medalist gab213 of the Baghdad Bombers. Consistency is his middle name in Season 35 as gab213 was dominant among full forwards winning the Fred Medal race by a comfortable 10 goal margin in the end. He started the season slowly with just 5 goals in the opening 3 games but from there kicked 5+ goals in 10 of the next 13 games. He is a regular presence in match threads with 48 posts per week and a prominent leader for the Baghdad Bombers.

undefined - Imgur (10).png

Forward Pocket: Broken [Las Vegas Bears]

In the All-SFA team for his 7th selection is the Hall of Fame Immortal Broken. As full forward of the Las Vegas Bears in Season 35, Broken managed to kick 59 goals and a key driver in the Bears' early season form. Despite going over 6000+ days without a finals win, Broken still produces quality week in, week out. Taking on the posting of the ladder on a weekly basis from Ljp86. Being a part of one of the best defensive teams in the league, Broken also works hard without the ball as he has laid 23 tackles this season in the goal square.

Getting it in early:

Message ends." - Mobbs
This was from a season where Mooch was more deserving of a spot than me.

But this season he was so-so and I was fricken awesome!

undefined-imgur-7-png.1716785

View attachment 1716797

Forward Pocket: Frothies Mcveigh [West Coast Wonders]

Lining up in the forward pocket of the All-SFA for his fifth selection but first since Season 14 is the Wonders co-captain and spearhead, Frothies McVeigh. Frothies played a major role in bringing the Wonders into the top 2 in Season 35 booting 62 goals including two huge bags of 10 and 11 in Round 8 and 10 against the Swamprats and Bombers respectively. He is opportunistic, being the most accurate full forward in the league. A consistent match thread poster, Frothies is veteran of the Wonders and well-respected amongst the league.

View attachment 1716799

Full forward for the All-SFA team in his first appearance is the Fred Medalist gab213 of the Baghdad Bombers. Consistency is his middle name in Season 35 as gab213 was dominant among full forwards winning the Fred Medal race by a comfortable 10 goal margin in the end. He started the season slowly with just 5 goals in the opening 3 games but from there kicked 5+ goals in 10 of the next 13 games. He is a regular presence in match threads with 48 posts per week and a prominent leader for the Baghdad Bombers.

View attachment 1716800

Forward Pocket: Broken [Las Vegas Bears]

In the All-SFA team for his 7th selection is the Hall of Fame Immortal Broken. As full forward of the Las Vegas Bears in Season 35, Broken managed to kick 59 goals and a key driver in the Bears' early season form. Despite going over 6000+ days without a finals win, Broken still produces quality week in, week out. Taking on the posting of the ladder on a weekly basis from Ljp86. Being a part of one of the best defensive teams in the league, Broken also works hard without the ball as he has laid 23 tackles this season in the goal square.

Well done, Frothies 👏🏼

View attachment 1716799

7F48E5BA-5D13-4FAB-8C3F-A783F977DA67.gif

Back