It's Happening SQUIB OF THE YEAR 2022 - Narmm squib the finals like Fritsch squibs marking contests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nominations so far:

Jordan De Stoppy - nominated by hawkman and AnGus BurgerFries
giphy.gif

Tom Fallkins - nominated by Cryosleep
giphy.gif

Floppy O'Brien
giphy.gif

Tom Flinchell - nominated by The Sultan
giphy.gif

Devon Squibth
giphy.gif

Failey Smith - nominated by Elton Johns Wig
giphy.gif

Squealin Shiel - nominated by largebus and Purple Suit
giphy.gif

Jaidyn Shortstepson: Spotted by Kane Cornes!
giphy.gif

Mitch McFlubbin!
giphy.gif

I culled a couple like the Weightman one because there is only so many gifs we can keep for the end of the year vote out of respect for people's bandwidth and the size of the thread!

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
#TeamTurboChooks
It is back after a hiatus caused by certain people that I had no control over! It's the 2022 Squib of the Year!

When you see a horrible squib OR FLOP and you want to nominate it, please tag me with:
  • a time stamp of when the squib happened,
  • in which game,
  • which quarter, and
  • what the clock says when the squib occurred.

I will find it and make the gif. :thumbsu:

At the end of the year the Bay votes for the biggest squib! Keep an eye on our previous winners, especially Walker and Selwood who have a horrible history of squibbing contests.

AS HAS BEEN THE TRADITION SINCE THIS THREAD HAS EVER BEEN CREATED SQUIBS AND FLOPS ARE BOTH COUNTED. YOU CAN VOTE HOWEVER YOU LIKE BUT I CANNOT BE BOTHERED CALLING THIS THREAD SQUIB OR FLOP OF THE YEAR! FLOPS ARE FUNNY TOO AND THEY DONT DESERVE THEIR OWN THREAD! STOP GOING ON AND ON ABOUT SQUIBS NOT EQUALLING FLOPS AS THOUGH YOU ARE THE FIRST PERSON TO RAISE THIS! NOBODY CARES!!!!

Previous winners:

2020 - Joel Squibwood

rere-gif.891248

2019 - Tex Balker

tex-balker.gif

2018 - Alex Rance - Richmond

alex-rance.gif

2017 - Clayton Fallover - Melbourne

fallover.gif

Last edited:
Jazny you won in 2021 for squibbing the Squib of the Year fred.

Round 1 I nominate Cody Weightman right on quarter time.

Darcy Parish is obvious clubhouse leader

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to nominate Willie Rioli for squibbing out of the marking contest and deciding to cowardly clean Rowell up with his hip.

I'd like to nominate Willie Rioli for squibbing out of the marking contest and deciding to cowardly clean Rowell up with his hip.
Fair call, pretty disappointed the club squibbed the week off too.
Seconded Jazny

Is this really a squib? It doesnt look very squibby to me.
b74d5d967486c68a29699ee72b884a52c05dd2d5

Rioli's defence team effectively argued (successfully according to the tribunal) that he jumped attempting to mark the ball then changed his mind mid-air and bitched out.

I nominate Cody Weightman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back