Stadium Redevelopments

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no doubt you'll be better off after interest payments but the stadium by itself will not enable Spurs to compete financially on the same level as other big EPL clubs.

The only way that can happen quickly is through a vanity project type set up like at City with an owner willing to spend unlimited amounts of capital and be prepared to wear losses that would pit a typical football club out of business in the short term.
The extra 70-80m in stadium revenue generated definitely puts them on a more level playing field doesn’t it?

It’s the other commercial deals where they’d be behind but in terms of revenue generated from the stadium itself they’ll be at the top of the pile with arsenal.

And I’d say we don’t need to be on a level playing field with Chelsea city or united. It’s getting in the Liverpool and Arsenal ballpark that is important. We’ve managed top 4 whilst being way behind financially closing the gap should only help us do more

The extra 70-80m in stadium revenue generated definitely puts them on a more level playing field doesn’t it?

It’s the other commercial deals where they’d be behind but in terms of revenue generated from the stadium itself they’ll be at the top of the pile with arsenal.

Will be interesting to see if you get away with Arsenal level ticket prices. Will have to see how much prices went up from Highbury to Emirates. All fans will be happy to pay more for a quality venue but how much more remains to be seen.

Will be interesting to see if you get away with Arsenal level ticket prices. Will have to see how much prices went up from Highbury to Emirates. All fans will be happy to pay more for a quality venue but how much more remains to be seen.
It’s going up to a level that their fans have been willing to pay. The demographic of the two sets of fans would be near on identical. First season or two it’s bound to sellout due to newness. Being relevant on field is essential to maintain that

Spurs will be better off taking a bit longer to pay off the stadium debt, and spending a bit more on their squad imo.

Debt free benefits only the owner. At the expense of supporters.

Spurs will be better off taking a bit longer to pay off the stadium debt, and spending a bit more on their squad imo.

Debt free benefits only the owner. At the expense of supporters.
Agree 100% but the owners see a club as a business and not a football club. Same thing has happened at Liverpool in the past and is going on at Roma right now with Monchi

I know of some very very happy bankers over at GS and Merrill. Nicely structured facility that gives flexibility to Spurs (my understanding is the amortisation requirements are not too restrictive for Spurs) and GS in particular have made an absolute killing on their upfront fees.

Agree with Moomba, all of their free cashflow shouldn’t just be pumped into debt reduction. It does seem to be manageable in the interim to be able to do both.

Last edited:
I know of some very very happy bankers over at GS and Merrill. Nicely structured facility that gives flexibility to Spurs (my understanding is the amortisation requirements are not too restrictive for Spurs) and GS in particular have made an absolute killing on their upfront fees.

Agree with Moomba, all of their free cashflow shouldn’t just be pumped into debt reduction. It does seem to be manageable in the interim to be able to do both.

Correct, seems quite naive to think solely of smashing down the debt as if all debt is bad.

Correct, seems quite naive to think solely of smashing down the debt as if all debt is bad.
If the end game is to keep spurs forever that’s true. But I’m not convinced that’s what they want to do. It’s either keep spurs and eventually get a London nfl franchise for ENIC or its sell the club 1-2 seasons after the stadium is ready

DrVJOEOXcAAQKL0.jpg:large

DrgwSsjWsAAYl7D.jpg

Don't give a s**t that we have to wait a little longer. Looks bloody incredible.
Will be unbelievable for night games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the bar with the wall made up of bricks from the shelf side.
So was this part of the old White Hart Lane? That's a simple idea but so many clubs and redevelopments overlook it, pretty disappointing how often this sort of thing is overlooked. Nice though.

Interesting how much this new stadium looks like the old ground. Has a similar feel to it, just the incline of the stands or something.

Sad how many grounds are going by the wayside though. As a kid it was my one dream to go to Highbury, but even the Boleyn is out of reach (though I did walk past and around it before they tore it down). Sad how many corking old grounds are nothing but Asdas.

So was this part of the old White Hart Lane? That's a simple idea but so many clubs and redevelopments overlook it, pretty disappointing how often this sort of thing is overlooked. Nice though.

Interesting how much this new stadium looks like the old ground. Has a similar feel to it, just the incline of the stands or something.

Sad how many grounds are going by the wayside though. As a kid it was my one dream to go to Highbury, but even the Boleyn is out of reach (though I did walk past and around it before they tore it down). Sad how many corking old grounds are nothing but Asdas.
Yeah they are the bricks from the Shelf side of the old ground.

There's also a plaque for where the old centre spot of the was in one of the stands too

English soccer is generic as * now anyway, that's proved by the fact Spurs are considered a big team despite not winning anything for 40 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back