#startthecarr

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think Ken was too bad about it. Seemed light-hearted enough.

FWIW, watching the replay, Hinkley’s interactions with the players on the bench were quite interesting. You could see Bergman quite animated at one stage and then supportive of Rioli a few minutes later when Ken was addressing him. I really liked it for a change.
Nah he tried to be light hearted but seemed pissed.

Mentioned three times that he couldn't see.

Was actively campaigning to be back in the box at Adelaide Oval where the view is great, then acknowledged that he won't be "allowed"

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

As has already been suggested Carr was a genuinely tough old style Port Adelaide player from day 1, and they are very thin on the ground at Alberton these days, so I would have no problem with him getting a chance at the number 1 coaching gig as I suspect if given a free rein he would cut the lunch of more than a few players and assistant coaches who appear happy in that mid range comfort zone of little to no lofty expectations that has permeated the club under kok's presidency.

If the current admin do look outside of Alberton I reckon Hardwicke's recent crack at the `commentators' may not have gone down too well with the kokmeister's no desk thumping in the coaching box, or any public showing of emotion at pressers rule, as that doesn't fit his `everyone's 2nd club' BS, so even if Dimmer was available it wouldn't surprise me greatly if a line may have already been drawn through his name.

Two coaches who coached under Ken and are currently head coaches both seem to be going OK ... We have to stop allowing our anti-Ken bias to influence our thinking re the next coach.

Carr ticks all the boxes and is his own man. This brief spell under Hinkley doesnt define his credentials to be a ahead coach as far as I am concerned. Very happy if he is given the No1 ticket at Port.

I think the legitimate fear is that the milquetoast Chairman will demand a milquetoast coach.

The Club lacks ruthlessness and so much needs to change, as even a ruthless senior coach, (and hopefully Carr would be that) would be battling against the pervasiveness mediocrity Koch has cultivated and woven into the Club's fabric over the last decade.

Watching Kenny on the bench really rammed home the fact he was promoted one tier higher than his actual capacity. Dude could've been someone's Damien Monkhorst and enjoyed a respected legacy in the league. Instead, he'll just hold his shameful grandfinal record that will never be broken.

If Carr is the heir apparent in the eyes of our benevolent-ish dictators then there is no reason not to sack Hinkley now and install him as incipient senior coach.

I will not accept waiting until August and then running another "the best candidate was right under our nose the whole time" propaganda mission when we could have been spending the better part of a year actually evaluating all suitable candidates.

If Carr is the heir apparent in the eyes of our benevolent-ish dictators then there is no reason not to sack Hinkley now and install him as incipient senior coach.

I will not accept waiting until August and then running another "the best candidate was right under our nose the whole time" propaganda mission when we could have been spending the better part of a year actually evaluating all suitable candidates.
I forget who said it, but they said Kochie won't sack Hinkley because it flys in the face of his small business, daggy dad TV persona. He won't shoot Bambi but will instead let the clock run out and part amicably. Which is a shame because he deserves to be sacked.

I forget who said it, but they said Kochie won't sack Hinkley because it flys in the face of his small business, daggy dad TV persona. He won't shoot Bambi but will instead let the clock run out and part amicably. Which is a shame because he deserves to be sacked.
lol how ******* grim is that.

Has a coach of one club gone to coach another club in the 21st century?

The thing to realise is that if we appoint an external coach we will lose Carr.
Ross Lyon walked out of the Saints for a big fat cheque at Freo.

Yep. I hope they try it for the rest of the year/Hinkley’s regime. Extraordinary that it took this long to give it a go.
At the 2017 EF at the break before extra time started, at the ground I said to my brother inlaw, Hinkley should be coaching from the bench for these 10 minutes because he is going to do SFA from the box and with playing a few kids - Bonner and Marshall in particular, I thought he could do something down on the bench.

He bloody could have yelled at Wingard not to just blast the ball away twice in the last couple of minutes.

Ross Lyon walked out of the Saints for a big fat cheque at Freo.
True enough. For some reason I always thought that was a dick move. Left the list in tatters in the failed quest to win a premiership to chase the dollars at Freo while avoiding the lengthy rebuild that was required at the Saints. As I recall anyway.

Maybe its just the fact that his dour gameplan means watching a match he coaches in like listening to fingernails scraping down a blackboard. Something a out him doesn't sit right with me. I'm just glad he never got near the reins at our club.

1681132408280.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nothing quite like a lazy club failing to run a proper process

Watching Kenny on the bench really rammed home the fact he was promoted one tier higher than his actual capacity. Dude could've been someone's Damien Monkhorst and enjoyed a respected legacy in the league. Instead, he'll just hold his shameful grandfinal record that will never be broken.

Its worth noting Simon Goodwin is taking accolades as a head coach, effectively doing little more than Voss was doing in Adelaide.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back