Recommitted Steele Sidebottom

Remove this Banner Ad

Trading Sidey is a BF pipe dream. The club will never do it unless he actually requests it, and given he was happy to sign a long term deal on unders 12 months ago I find it unlikely he’ll have such a big turnaround.

It is wishful thinking, but sometimes clubs & players can be tempted into a deal that helps them forfil other needs.

Don’t think Saad will nominate the Pies, but if he did, would love the Suns to tempt Sidey with a 5yr big $$$ deal and offer something like Saad & pick 19 in return.

Can't see Sidebottom going anywhere but would be better suited to a club that plays him on the HFF instead of the wing honestly. He's slow for an outside player, so he can get rushed a bit and his disposal has dropped off because of it. He'd make a beautiful link up player with good goal sense.

Collingwood's midfield has a combination of De Goey, Pendlebury, Adams, Treloar, Wells, Sidebottom rotating through so you'd imagine that one of those guys gets moved on. I'd expect more of a player swap than a swap for a pick though.

Why would we move any of these on? They're our one strength.

I'm in the trade Sidebottom category and Schache doesn't even get Brisbane a seat at the table. Laughable!

Was only responding to the it would take a KPF to get Collingwood to trade Sidebottom. That and Schache being the one most linked to you guys. What is it you think Sidebottom is worth draft pick wise?

Nothing is off the cards in the off season each year.
It is if the contracted player doesn’t want to go. It would be Brisbane’s prerogative to convince Sidey to leave, Collingwood won’t try to push him and risk a disgruntled player pulling a Bradshaw.

It is wishful thinking, but sometimes clubs & players can be tempted into a deal that helps them forfil other needs.

Don’t think Saad will nominate the Pies, but if he did, would love the Suns to tempt Sidey with a 5yr big $$$ deal and offer something like Saad & pick 19 in return.
So he’s worth a long term big $$$ deal but you reckon you can pick him up for a second rounder and Saad?

Yeah, nah.

It is if the contracted player doesn’t want to go. It would be Brisbane’s prerogative to convince Sidey to leave, Collingwood won’t try to push him and risk a disgruntled player pulling a Bradshaw.

Clubs do things that from the outside seem crazy for players they see as needs for them.

Clubs do things that from the outside seem crazy for players they see as needs for them.
You’re barking up the wrong tree buddy. As I said, the club would never consider moving out Sidebottom unless it was at his own request. You’re chasing a BF pipe dream.

You’re barking up the wrong tree buddy. As I said, the club would never consider moving out Sidebottom unless it was at his own request. You’re chasing a BF pipe dream.

Isn't that what everyone here is doing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was only responding to the it would take a KPF to get Collingwood to trade Sidebottom. That and Schache being the one most linked to you guys. What is it you think Sidebottom is worth draft pick wise?
Pure speculation and I can't see this happening but possible trades that Collingwood would accept might include

Schache + 19 for Sidebottom

Or

Sidebottom + 6 for 1

I'm probably off the mark on both of those but I'm just guessing.

You're right, we'd never consider what's best for our own club, but if i were put in charge Sidders would be traded if the price was right, i wouldn't try and offload him interstate though, would have to be another Melbourne club.

It's a business, he undrestands that, and he is a commodity that's in demand, and it's one we're flush with.

You're right, we'd never consider what's best for our own club, but if i were put in charge Sidders would be traded if the price was right, i wouldn't try and offload him interstate though, would have to be another Melbourne club.

It's a business, he undrestands that, and he is a commodity that's in demand, and it's one we're flush with.
If you were in charge the club would be a steaming pile of ashes within a few months.

Pure speculation and I can't see this happening but possible trades that Collingwood would accept might include

Schache + 19 for Sidebottom

Or

Sidebottom + 6 for 1

I'm probably off the mark on both of those but I'm just guessing.

Can't imagine the Lions would be adding anything to Schache to get Sidebottom.

Can't imagine the Lions would be adding anything to Schache to get Sidebottom.
Can’t imagine that Collingwood would bother sitting down with the Lions if they were only offering up Schache for Sidebottom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back