Stephen 'I have the letter' Dank

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-02/wada-denies-dank-email

WADA claims its research and prohibited listings manager Irene Mazzoni replied: "Dear Steve, as I mentioned during our telephone conversation you should contact your national anti doping organisation, in this case ASADA, as certain drug preparations may differ between countries, such seems to be the case with AOD-9604.

"Please be aware that there is a section in the prohibited list S0 - that deals with non approved substances.

"Therefore even if the substances or similar substances do not appear listed it does not automatically mean the substance is permitted."
Dank then allegedly replied: "Thank you for your reply and confirmation that the product or any related product does not appear on any prohibited list."

Mazzoni: "I could not find that it had been approved by any government or regulatory authority.

"That's why I say to contact ASADA to check its status in Australia."

Dank also queried about a number of other supplements, asking whether they were permissible for use.

Mazzoni: "Dear Steve, please address your inquiry to ASADA as they will be in a better position to assess medication sold in Australia.

"WADA only provides information to federations and anti doping organisations.

"This is why you must contact them directly."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-02/wada-denies-dank-email

Isn't the whole concept of the fake approval letter a form of bargaining?

In my humble opinion, I'm waiting for the moment they want Hird thrown under the bus to protect the club. THAT's bargaining.

EFC fans...do yourselves a favour and forget about "the letter".

The WADA boss is here in Australia. WADA emails debunking Dank have just appeared on 7.30.

Do you not think WADA have checked with ASADA whether "a letter" exists before releasing these emails. Just to avoid embarrassment and all.

The "letter" , which Dank has said comes from WADA btw and not ASADA, has never existed.

Do you really, honestly think that if it did exist, Essendon wouldn't have had a copy of it? Do you really, honestly believe businessmen of the calibre that are employed at Essendon would not have kept a copy?

This Cover Up is reaching farcical proportions.

It has been,, it's available over the shelf at David Jones, Myer, and various other outlaters as a product called Body Shaper. It hasn't made it to approved therapeutic uses yet.

The US allow it to be put into foods etc too, as long as it is in doses below 1mg.

Edit:

It's reguarded as GRAS - Generally Reguarded As Safe
Which basically means it won't give you cancer or make you grow a second head. Not thst it isnt a ped

Which basically means it won't give you cancer or make you grow a second head. Not thst it isnt a ped

No, thats a different sections of the WADA rules.

Section 0 says it has to be approved for theraputic use on humans. Its written to knock out experimental drugs that havent passed all their trials.

Section 2 is about what its not allowed to do, which as a peptide can be summed up as 'anything useful for people on a footy field'.

Heres the 2012 rules

http://www.wada-ama.org/Documents/W...ed-list/2012/WADA_Prohibited_List_2012_EN.pdf

No, thats a different sections of the WADA rules.

Section 0 says it has to be approved for theraputic use on humans. Its written to knock out experimental drugs that havent passed all their trials.

Section 2 is about what its not allowed to do, which as a peptide can be summed up as 'anything useful for people on a footy field'.

Heres the 2012 rules

http://www.wada-ama.org/Documents/W...ed-list/2012/WADA_Prohibited_List_2012_EN.pdf

Perhaps what I should say too is, if it was as black and white as the media have made it, why have the players not been charged yet. Maybe in the end they will be, just that not so sure it's as black and white as the media have made it look.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question,

I assume that the letter in question i.e. from "Jan" is the Jan 2012 right? curious as to the timeline and first treatment cause the NRL team was it in 2011 correct? therefore AOD was administered before letter even "exsisted".
Might have had approval, might have skipped it all together, but I think the code largely changes each year.

Might have had approval, might have skipped it all together, but I think the code largely changes each year.

Just curious, was wondering if Dank was trying to get a retrospective approval, Ill assume that's not the case and the letter exsisted prior to any treatment therefore Jan 2011 was first correspondence with ASADA by extention.

Just curious, was wondering if Dank was trying to get a retrospective approval, Ill assume that's not the case and the letter exsisted prior to any treatment therefore Jan 2011 was first correspondence with ASADA by extention.
You were right the first time, the correspondence is from 2012.

Perhaps what I should say too is, if it was as black and white as the media have made it, why have the players not been charged yet. Maybe in the end they will be, just that not so sure it's as black and white as the media have made it look.

Because the 800 pound gorilla is that Essendon and Cronulla arent the only teams doing this.

You have major European football clubs as well.

WADA *cannot* afford to be half-assed about this. They are going to go one step at a time, and they are doing two concurrent investiagtions - and then you get crap blow up and blindside you, like the Melbourne doctor communicating with Dank and giving AOD cream to his players.

Now, if I was running this, James Hird would have already been suspended for four years for trafficking AOD-9604, possession of hexeldrin and organising this scheme, the rest of the Essendon management team (and Doc Reid) would have got similar, and the AFL tribunal would have looked at the stack of forms the players signed and gone 'gawn gawn gawn gawn' and the players would be sitting out their 6-18 months (first year rookies get six months, majority of list get 12 months, team leadership get 18 months for knowing and not telling). Thats assuming players plead guilty and offer full cooperation - anything other than a complete willingness to dob in James Hird and the rest of the unethical scum with names and dates gets the full two year whack.

Oh and a total ban from the next draft, and a complete replacement of the Essendon board with AFL appointees until the AFL commission feels the Essendon members can be trusted not to elect a board that allows unlicenced medical experiments to be run on their players.

Needless to say, you, mxett, lance_uppercut and every Essendon poster on that board would be screaming 'fit up', 'bias', 'AOD is legal, its a cosmetic' and 'we didnt do anything wrong' at that ... so ASADA are going a step at a time, and starting with the doctors, then working through to the coaching staff and ending with the players.

Like the entire Essendon football club, you seem unaware you can download entire copies of the wada code for each year by typing 'wada prohibited <year>' into google, and getting the link to that years code from the WADA site.

You were right the first time, the correspondence is from 2012.

Even "best case" scenario (letter pending) using it prior to 2012 would have been with out "approval". Sucks to be that NRL team, not that I particularly care about the NRL anyway.

Can the thread title be changed to

Stephen 'I have no letter' Dank
I have some letters but they don't contain the approval of AOD9604

could do the trick too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back