Stephen King 11/22/63

Remove this Banner Ad

I enjoy reading Stephen King books, having read many books of his, so I thought I'd give this a crack.

The first few chapters of this were King-like, but not, similar, but understated, I was enjoying it a lot. Then, he hit Derry... the references to IT seemed so convenient. I'm only up to Part 3, so I hope I'm in for an amazing last 75% of the book.

I enjoy reading Stephen King books, having read many books of his, so I thought I'd give this a crack.

The first few chapters of this were King-like, but not, similar, but understated, I was enjoying it a lot. Then, he hit Derry... the references to IT seemed so convenient. I'm only up to Part 3, so I hope I'm in for an amazing last 75% of the book.
What do you mean by "convenient"?

I've only read a handful of King books, IT is a masterpiece, couldn't get into the Dark Tower books, Shining was great.

I really liked 11.22.63 but then I'm a sucker for 50s/60s America and JFK assassination conspiracies so it was really a home run as far as I was concerned.

I saw the show first I think and that was good but the book was far better I thought.

Maybe convenient wasn't the right word, but the fact that he went to Derry and met those people kind of made me roll my eyes. I don't think it added anything beyond fan service.

I didn't mind the book. There were a few things that were too drawn out and some things that weren't fleshed out enough, but it was an enjoyable read.

I haven't seen the series yet, but plan to.

Maybe convenient wasn't the right word, but the fact that he went to Derry and met those people kind of made me roll my eyes. I don't think it added anything beyond fan service.

I didn't mind the book. There were a few things that were too drawn out and some things that weren't fleshed out enough, but it was an enjoyable read.

I haven't seen the series yet, but plan to.
Yeah I get that about Derry - I actually read this before It so maybe that's why it didn't bother me so much, I think I twigged what the reference with the kids was (when he's talking about the feeling of evil from the sewer running under Derry) but it was only after reading It I was like "ohhh that's who those kids were".

The series was ok, I likes James Franco in the role but it's only 8 episodes so some things aren't as in depth as in the book obviously.

Is it really a Stephen King book if it doesn't reference or include a small town in Maine?

Regardless I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It must be about 8 or more years since I read it so I'm definitely due a re-read.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back