Steve Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 10, 2003
C. Ling > Fabio
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtics, Storm, Victory
What do you attribute his rapid improvement this year? Is it his extra training with Ling in the gym, an acknowledgement of his pre season blunder has made him work harder, or is he destined to be a gun and this is his natural progression.

Intersting note: last 4 premiers have had at least one johnson (hopefully a good omen for us :cool: )

Im not sure of his current weight , the gfc site thinks his weight is 85cm but if he is 188 he is still 3cm taller than GAS.I think if he could bulk up a little , which will happen naturally over time he could prove to be good enough to play FF.
Although not a sharper shooter from set shot hes a darn site better than "Barn side Kent", he has better natural forward insticts,better ability to kick a goal from a neutral status ball,he can take an over head mark and would be interested to see the figures for standing vertical and running jump compared to KK.
I know he would be considered a small FF but Im more convinced than ever that the modern game lends it self to talent rather than just size in the ff position.The only thing SJ needs is the mean eyed glare of determination that Ling has and we could have real Gun on our hands.

He hasn't really improved, merely playing at the same high level as he has done over the past few years.

Dog is Peter Daicos incarnate. Looks awful, couldn't beat Ling in a race, but is as good as anyone in front of goal.

I love the fact he will have a shot from anywhere and usually gets them.

KK on the other hand looks to pass off when the shot is tougher the 30 degrees, 30m out.

LongBomb said:
I love the fact he will have a shot from anywhere and usually gets them.

KK on the other hand looks to pass off when the shot is tougher the 30 degrees, 30m out.
Thats cos he knows he can kick 'em and Kinglsey thinks he cant. When hes on hes actually a decent kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back