Universal Love Steve Silvagni - List Manager Extraordinaire

Remove this Banner Ad

Marchbank or Tuohy? The Tuohy trade was to get a 1st round pick to get Marchbank to our football club. We secured Geelongs future 1st round. Marchbank will be a multiple All Australian player in time. Put both players on the trade table together and 17 teams would select Marchbank.
Let's no forget the steak knives Pickett either

It's a shame we didn't get Silvagni in earlier. We got rid of a lot of players in Malthouse's time who had ability and got nothing for them. No problem getting rid of who we got rid of, SOS would have offloaded them without doubt as they were players who didn't conform to game plans, team footy, chasing, tackling and pressure etc. and don't fit into our professional, hard training, behaved off field team orientated types with leadership qualities. Still better late than never. Will be interesting to see his list approach when we get up the top part of the ladder. He's done well acquiring early picks and turning one pick or player into two or three.

I hope he is Geoff and I for one will be the first to come back and say I was wrong about him. Let's be honest he should get his chance in our midfield.

My understanding is that Lang was SOS preferred option the previous year in the Tuohy deal.

Based on what I've seen plus SOS judgements so far I'm confident he'll become a solid contributor.

4.46 disposals per game more at Geelong, 3.11 of them being uncontested ball. Yes, Tuohy was used in more of a rebound roll at Geelong last season, so a few more outside possessions and rebound stats and fewer 1%ers and tackles. It’s all pretty marginal stuff. I do think he improved at Geelong, for whatever reasons, but he’s not showing much difference ability-wise to what he showed at Carlton.

FWIW Tuohy seemed to play a loose "quarterback" role last year hence his increase in uncontested possessions.

He seems to be playing much "higher" at the Cats than Carlton - IMHO he was never a great defender.

It used to drive me nuts that he would run away from the ball watching his opponent and get out positioned so easily by small forwards while they dragged him back to goal.

Very smart move by SOS to trade him - he played one of the few positions we had depth and we certainly haven't missed him.

FWIW Tuohy seemed to play a loose "quarterback" role last year hence his increase in uncontested possessions.

He seems to be playing much "higher" at the Cats than Carlton - IMHO he was never a great defender.

It used to drive me nuts that he would run away from the ball watching his opponent and get out positioned so easily by small forwards while they dragged him back to goal.

Very smart move by SOS to trade him - he played one of the few positions we had depth and we certainly haven't missed him.
This.

I've derailed this thread enough, but this.

Dude is a gun but Docherty and Simpson are better at playing loose, thats why he was our small defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back