Discussion Strange or Interesting AFL Photos

Remove this Banner Ad

First time I saw a Melbourne Fila jumper that pink.

I reckon that's the lighting playing tricks on that photo (unlike the New Balance ones we had a couple of years back where they could never get the red to actually look red!).
It's not the only one I saw like that. There was another one, I just can't remember where it was.

It's not the only one I saw like that. There was another one, I just can't remember where it was.
Nothing would look very red in direct comparison with Peter Walsh's hair though ;)

134336.jpg

Thanks floggo, you ruined the Bont for all of us.

Can we please have a rule where he cannot be referred to as 'The Bont'?
It's the worst.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

321abb8dbf971b8fc6d7c1223c4b741b.jpg

That's Bontempelli.

Sorry everyone, you're all wrong.

Reverse image search brought up Aaron Rogers from Melbourne

http://bit.ly/2ossjJf (this is a Getty link that I had to shorten because it came up with some weird error message otherwise)

And this is what Rogers looked like

image2809

Sorry everyone, you're all wrong.

Reverse image search brought up Aaron Rogers from Melbourne

http://bit.ly/2ossjJf (this is a Getty link that I had to shorten because it came up with some weird error message otherwise)

And this is what Rogers looked like

image2809

Just quietly, he's done very well for himself since leaving the Demons with 0 senior games to his name.

Frustrated by his lack of progress at the Dees he made the fateful decision to add a "D" to his last name and try his luck in the USA.

The Green Bay Packers, unaware of his old identity, took a flyer on this Aaron "Rodgers" in the first round of the NFL draft.

The former Melbourne reserves player repaid their faith by spearheading their 2010 Superbowl victory, picking up the NFL's version of the Norm Smith Medal in the process as Superbowl MVP.

Today he remains in hiding at Lambeau Field, Wisconsin - only emerging from the shadows each year for 16 games plus an annual playoff run.

Aaron_rodgers_2014.jpg 0a424dba17b7185723fdbc26083f9813.png

Last edited:
FXJ144239.jpg

Something is just strange with this picture.
A random group of kids in coloured shorts and red socks (are they young players??) including one super short Pies player with his collar turned up Elvis-style with David Neitz and a haired Tom Harley in trackies in the middle

listing_d1yZxjbSLlbYxpaWYRJA.jpg

This doesn't really explain much more

6s_jumpers,0.jpg

Why are they on their knees?

FXJ144239.jpg

Something is just strange with this picture.
A random group of kids in coloured shorts and red socks (are they young players??) including one super short Pies player with his collar turned up Elvis-style with David Neitz and a haired Tom Harley in trackies in the middle

listing_d1yZxjbSLlbYxpaWYRJA.jpg

This doesn't really explain much more

A young Xavier Ellis in the North Jumper

So you can see the jumpers at the back more clearly I suppose. This photo is from the 2003 heritage round launch (Victorian teams only:rolleyes:). Collingwood ended up adding a third stripe 'cos Eddie.
I get that, but every other picture ever has players in lines.
Just surprised me that they put them on their knees.

And is the Eddie thing true, or good BigFooty gospel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back