Suggestions to make bigfooty better...

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Frodo
I think that this post goes to the heart of bigfooty problems, as highlighted by Hitman.

Why are discussions going on between moderators and not open to other members. Are moderators an elite group that have more intelligence than the rest of us? Will they come up with their ideas of constructive change and just impose new rules without consulting the members?
It can't work effectively. Moderators need to be seen as members not demi-gods.

By taking them to the rest of the mods, I mean copy-pasting it and saying, "so what about this, this isn't a bad idea, perhaps we can implement it" ... and getting responses from other mods.

I'm just bringing it to their attention. Also, it enables us to compile ideas, rather than treating them disparately.

Not everything CAN be discussed here. What if you sent me a PM saying that JoeBlow was abusing you via PM and you wanted something done about it here. I can't very well ask other mods here on this board what action would be most appropriate. It's a private matter.

Fair enough, simple suggestions like these could probably be discussed entirely here. But another point is : what if there is some Peter_Hore-like serial pest on this board who could take advantage of it. A mod, discussing it here, might say "but what about Peter_Hore, he'll have a field day with this rule". It just wouldn't be appropriate to make this sort of a comment on this board where other posters could see this, as its a private point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back