Endless Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have been done for match fixing.

Was back when the selectors were clueless about ODI selection & we were embarrassed at a home world cup by picking plodders.

Was Don Pyke the head selector?

Took 1/44 and is the best overseas bowler statistically in India against India in the history of ODI cricket, what is this obsession that you have? Why can’t you just admit to being wrong and move on? If the stats seriously weighed on your side it would make sense, but they don’t!
Cos I'm was right. It was a bog average performance from a bog average bowler. He got the wicket of a guy on 120 odd that was trying to hit him out the park on a spin friendly deck. And the stats in India that you keep referring to are just through fortune and circumstance having played there so much. Compare his career stats to any good spinner and they dont stack up. Why cant you admit you're wrong and just move on ??

While not the same, kind of reminds me of Paul Reifell playing all summer for Aust A in that 94/95 summer only to be "promoted" to Australia for the finals as 12th man
Is that when the crowds decided to barrack for Australia A instead?
I felt like the crowds went for the As all summer - CA definitely made sure the senior side won the finals

1579595776373.png

Nice little podcast about that time

Cos I'm was right. It was a bog average performance from a bog average bowler. He got the wicket of a guy on 120 odd that was trying to hit him out the park on a spin friendly deck. And the stats in India that you keep referring to are just through fortune and circumstance having played there so much. Compare his career stats to any good spinner and they dont stack up. Why cant you admit you're wrong and just move on ??
Wow 😯. I didn’t realise over 20 wickets at an average of 30 in India was considered good fortune, my mistake! Who is this good spinner you’re referring to? Overall in India vs Australia matches he is our best performed spinner in Australia and India of all time, sitting 5th on the all time wicket takers with the best average of that top 5. What’s your excuse now? Have you noticed the lack of posters agreeing with you and simply mocking your posts? Cricket stats are not hard to find, you should really do your research before going off with baseless opinions.

8759D3D7-7735-4488-A799-12320113A11C.jpeg

Wow 😯. I didn’t realise over 20 wickets at an average of 30 in India was considered good fortune, my mistake! Who is this good spinner you’re referring to? Overall in India vs Australia matches he is our best performed spinner in Australia and India of all time, sitting 5th on the all time wicket takers with the best average of that top 5. What’s your excuse now? Have you noticed the lack of posters agreeing with you and simply mocking your posts? Cricket stats are not hard to find, you should really do your research before going off with baseless opinions.

View attachment 809536
Pea nut by name....

Christ, settle down Marty. You're wrong and no one agrees with you.

Unless you've got some new facts to support your opinion, you've said your piece already.

View attachment 809536

Must have just been "fortune and circumstance" that India's greatest ever spinner has taken less wickets in more games than Zampa as well...

View attachment 809536
You're using very specific stats to try make your argument which is ridiculous. Compare his stats to Murali's and Warne's in India against India and it will all make sense to you. Zampa has a career of 40 odd games, Warne played 200 and Murali played 350. They barely played there. And plenty of other posters agreed with me the whole way through. He's a bog average spinner is the recurring theme.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Stanlake is still rubbish. A grade cricketer would be a better option.
It's been a huge fall from grace, in the season we won the title, he was one of the most dangerous quicks getting around. Now he's expensive and can't get a wicket to save himself. Bizarre decision to drop O'Connor who has been more than solid since coming in.

Can anyone please tell me what pat in bbl cricket is. Is it the other teams score at the time or is it the runs that you should be on to win based on required run rate ? Thanks in advance

Can anyone please tell me what pat in bbl cricket is. Is it the other teams score at the time or is it the runs that you should be on to win based on required run rate ? Thanks in advance
It's an estimate the commentators have made, as to how many runs they think a team should make in 20 overs, given the state of the wicket.

You're using very specific stats to try make your argument which is ridiculous. Compare his stats to Murali's and Warne's in India against India and it will all make sense to you. Zampa has a career of 40 odd games, Warne played 200 and Murali played 350. They barely played there. And plenty of other posters agreed with me the whole way through. He's a bog average spinner is the recurring theme.
Specific stats? They are literally the all time stats for India vs Australia in both India and Australia! They couldn’t be more general.

Warne is on that list and averages over 50 against India from a couple of less matches than Zampa. His record against India wasn’t fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back