Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there ever been a ruckman captain in the history of the game? I just can’t fathom it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Srsly?
Only some of the greatest of all time
Jack Dyer
Polly Farmer(WAFL)
John Nicholls
Gary Dempsey
Barry Round
Simon Madden
Peter Moore
Wasn't Roger Merrett the inaugural AFL Bears captain?
I'm sure there's more

And now Wittsy!!

Steven King was Geelong captain for 3 years 2003-2006
In the lead up to their dominant era

Interesting that the club is saying they have chosen older captains this year. May was 25 when elected and lynch was as well, 1 year younger than witts and swallow now

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was interesting to hear Dew saying on radio that May was a reluctant captain, would prefer just to focus on his game.

Last edited:
Presser up with George Horlin-Smith on the website. I encourage everyone to go watch it.

If guys like Swallow and Lynch are on one side of the public speaking scale, George is on the other. I was listening to his every word like he was a Grandfather speaking an old story. Spoke fantastically. You could tell that the journos were equally impressed and equally enthralled as I was. Didn't really speak in cliches. Just told it how it was. The presser went twice as long as they normally do with players.

Presser up with George Horlin-Smith on the website. I encourage everyone to go watch it.

If guys like Swallow and Lynch are on one side of the public speaking scale, George is on the other. I was listening to his every word like he was a Grandfather speaking an old story. Spoke fantastically. You could tell that the journos were equally impressed and equally enthralled as I was. Didn't really speak in cliches. Just told it how it was. The presser went twice as long as they normally do with players.
I just finished watching that myself. He speaks very well. If people wonder why he is in the leadership group, after this, you won't be.

Will become a favourite player of mine I reckon. Honest bloke, not the most talented but will dig in hard, have a crack, and speaks so well. Get around the Hyphen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, spoken extremely well. Really impressed by him, you can absolutely see why the recruiting team went after him in the off season.

Have actually spoken to an ex-GFC employee who was telling me how good of a bloke Horlin-Smith was. Said it was infuriating watching him get told week-in-week-out that 'no one's spot is safe' in the team at Geelong, then seeing him kill it in the VFL but still never getting a chance to have a crack at the top level. Said he was particularly impressed that he never dropped his head though and that he was glad GHS was out of that system because somewhere like GC or Brisbane he was always likely to do well - was actually very critical of GFC's treatment of some of their players.

Just wish we had more guys like him from the start.
He’s all class and the ultimate team player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back