Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Ellis will start the season on the bench and be involved in the wing/ half back rotation and maybe get pushed right out once Powell and weller return. He would make a good sub with his running powers late.
He's most likely at Half back as the distributor/accumulator

Ellis is best 22 all day.

Wonder if Ellis will start the season on the bench and be involved in the wing/ half back rotation and maybe get pushed right out once Powell and weller return. He would make a good sub with his running powers late.

Ellis was one of the highest-rated wingers in the comp last year. No chance of being dropped.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ellis was one of the highest-rated wingers in the comp last year. No chance of being dropped.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Ellis exceeded my expectations. Wish he was more confident and did not panic, did not make stupid mistakes/turnovers sometimes. Like he does not believe he could be elite. He's not far off of best wingers.

Bailey Humphrey​

A lock for round one.

Humphrey overcame some initial injury woes but has quickly put that behind him to put his hand up for selection.

Seen as a mid-forward during the preseason, the pick six is quickly learning to add more features to his game.

“My main goal is to play Round 1, and a lot of the coaches have sort of made that pretty clear that that should be my goal,” Humphrey said.

“I do a lot of my training in the forward line more as a high half-forward/extra mid… it’s a very hard position to play and that’s something I’m getting used to because I’m normally a deeper forward.

“Obviously the AFL boys are a lot stronger than me now, so I‘ve got to try and work harder to get back to goal quicker.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great interview with Dew today befoe scratch match. Questions on forward line set up with King, Casboult, Powell (close to be integrated into main group, Suns want to bring him in before round 5, even trying him inside!), Blakely, Sharp.

Great interview with Dew today befoe scratch match. Questions on forward line set up with King, Casboult, Powell (close to be integrated into main group, Suns want to bring him in before round 5, even trying him inside!), Blakely, Sharp.

Interesting that we had a crack at Casboult a few years ago but weren't able to get him over the line. I'm guessing we enquired after 2MP made his way to Essendon and it started to become very obvious that Ben King was the future of our forward line but he just needed some physical protection for a few years to help facilitate his development. Makes you wonder how many goals he could have kicked in 2021 if he was able to put 47 through the big sticks with next to no help from another tall forward that year.

It really seems like they’re solid on casboult/chol/king

I hope Joel Jeffrey gets his chances in the top team.

As an aside,
Tim Gossage has got to be the cringiest football media person I can think of.

It really seems like they’re solid on casboult/chol/king

I hope Joel Jeffrey gets his chances in the top team.

As an aside,
Tim Gossage has got to be the cringiest football media person I can think of.

Given the sheer speed of King/Chol + the ruck versatility of Chol/Meat I think it could work. Going to be a tall but fast, mobile forward line with Chol, King, Casboult, Luko (who I suspect will spend 30-40% of his time roaming up to the wings) and Jeffrey. Keen to see how it goes, the big question will be in if we are providing enough i50 tackle pressure but those weapons are a deadset nightmare for defences to handle so that's forward pressure in itself.

The smalls will really need to be absolute savages though which makes me think Holman might be a rd1 starter again.

Given the sheer speed of King/Chol + the ruck versatility of Chol/Meat I think it could work. Going to be a tall but fast, mobile forward line with Chol, King, Casboult, Luko (who I suspect will spend 30-40% of his time roaming up to the wings) and Jeffrey. Keen to see how it goes, the big question will be in if we are providing enough i50 tackle pressure but those weapons are a deadset nightmare for defences to handle so that's forward pressure in itself.

The smalls will really need to be absolute savages though which makes me think Holman might be a rd1 starter again.
If we are that tall, Dew may go back to that (Macpherson, A. Young, Holman, Ainsworth) 2018 type vibe where they all tried to get 5 tackles each a game.

Rosas, Holman, Berry, Swallow, Davies, Oea & Long* (* If Powell, Weller are back) could all provide that hardness and defensive pressure.

Mean Jeffrey will dominate VFL for a little bit

or we can just win every game 120-110

Yeah I think we could honestly be a top 4 scoring team in the league.

We finished 7th last year from memory.

Seems like will only be more potent.

When combine with good defensive midfielders like miller and rowell and a solid defence (fingers crossed) you can see the blueprint for winning games.

Yeah I think we could honestly be a top 4 scoring team in the league.

We finished 7th last year from memory.

Seems like will only be more potent.

When combine with good defensive midfielders like miller and rowell and a solid defence (fingers crossed) you can see the blueprint for winning games.
I don’t want to dwell on it too much, but Rankine was a real contributor to that. His goals, goal assists and general score involvements were in a lot of our forward plays. Very good vision and ball movement. Reckon he’s worth 3 goals a game, at least.

Ainsworth has his own role that is similar, and I think we might be looking for Luko to be that “playmaker” type to try and offset the Rankine loss and play to Luko’s strengths in the forward half.

Little doubt Holman is a starter. One tall will be on the pine most the time. Luko operating mostly outside 50. Jeffrey has to get his pressure right.

Interesting that we had a crack at Casboult a few years ago but weren't able to get him over the line. I'm guessing we enquired after 2MP made his way to Essendon and it started to become very obvious that Ben King was the future of our forward line but he just needed some physical protection for a few years to help facilitate his development. Makes you wonder how many goals he could have kicked in 2021 if he was able to put 47 through the big sticks with next to no help from another tall forward that year.
Dew already mentioned before trying to get Casboult 2 years ago. "We should had try harder".

I was a bit surprised that Dew said in his interview that he loves how Sharp goes about it (I hated how he went about it in his last VFL game) and it's up to him, is one of the best trainers, can't just transfer it to games. Looking like it's a real opportunity for Sharp with Ellis possibly out with soft injury. Common, Sharpie.

Also it looks like Fiorini missed some footy this pre-season according to Dew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back