Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Credit where it's due. Eddie went in to bat for us on commentary tonight and told all those flogs in Victoria exactly why they should stop trying to shut us down.

This is the thing though.. we don’t see the media saying this last week. Yes I know we weren’t winning and maybe this has changed things but if people held these views they still would’ve last week! Caro and Mick Warner must be fuming though they have no reason to write up dirt about us now

Credit where it's due. Eddie went in to bat for us on commentary tonight and told all those flogs in Victoria exactly why they should stop trying to shut us down.

That honestly surprises me. Obviously he was pumped to see the Tigers lose as much as we were! But thanks Eddie for a few words of encouragement. Now if he could say those things while on a panel in front of other journalists, that would be great! Amazing how a win quickly changes the narrative!

That honestly surprises me. Obviously he was pumped to see the Tigers lose as much as we were! But thanks Eddie for a few words of encouragement. Now if he could say those things while on a panel in front of other journalists, that would be great! Amazing how a win quickly changes the narrative!

Tony Cochrane being the smart man he is, has made great mates with many other club presidents to get them onside. Eddie happens to be one of them. You can tell they're close off how they interacted on the broadcast.

Guy on facebook said that when you took your drum to Metricon you had trouble getting it in and then when you were playing it had it taken away. Is this true? Who took it away?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guy on facebook said that when you took your drum to Metricon you had trouble getting it in and then when you were playing it had it taken away. Is this true? Who took it away?

Yeah it's true, I came up for the Sydney Swans game and had club approval - In fact the club were the ones who asked me to bring it to Metricon. I used it after the first goal in the first quarter and some guy in a Metricon suit marched down with his ear piece and told me I needed to cloak it at quarter time and I wasn't allowed to use it. I tried explaining to him that the club had asked me to bring it and I had their permission as well as AFL approval and he didn't care or want to know about it so I text my contact at the club straight away and they stepped in and sorted it out for me. The guy in the suit ended up apologising to me and let me use it the rest of the game.

That is one thing that irritated me though - you try and create atmosphere at Metricon and they try and shut it down it's ridiculous!

Mate i love your drum, gets me hyped everytime i hear it.

Thanks man! We try our best down here to create atmosphere.

Yeah it's true, I came up for the Sydney Swans game and had club approval - In fact the club were the ones who asked me to bring it to Metricon. I used it after the first goal in the first quarter and some guy in a Metricon suit marched down with his ear piece and told me I needed to cloak it at quarter time and I wasn't allowed to use it. I tried explaining to him that the club had asked me to bring it and I had their permission as well as AFL approval and he didn't care or want to know about it so I text my contact at the club straight away and they stepped in and sorted it out for me. The guy in the suit ended up apologising to me and let me use it the rest of the game.

That is one thing that irritated me though - you try and create atmosphere at Metricon and they try and shut it down it's ridiculous!

Good to know, seeing the media team using your drum in posts if they were actively discouraging you from using it at the game would have been a bit strange.

i've seen that dude in the suit & earpiece wandering around the stadium for years. no idea what he does hahah.

with the social media posts about the drum of late, hopefully next time you're up they'll provide you an ensemble to back you up! haha

i've seen that dude in the suit & earpiece wandering around the stadium for years. no idea what he does hahah.

with the social media posts about the drum of late, hopefully next time you're up they'll provide you an ensemble to back you up! haha
A lot of rent a cops giving stink eye at Metricon all the time
I've had some mild run ins

Weren't you paying attention? He stops people from playing drums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back