Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure how the head rolls of ladder position 13 but the head stays on ladder position 16. Are we excited that we came third last, is this a milestone?
How can you have a footy review of the entire club at 13th place but at 16th place were planting roses in the garden.
There must be a series of heads rolling out the front door at our club.
Where the farrrrrk is the external review!!!!

Not sure how the head rolls of ladder position 13 but the head stays on ladder position 16. Are we excited that we came third last, is this a milestone?
How can you have a footy review of the entire club at 13th place but at 16th place were planting roses in the garden.
There must be a series of heads rolling out the front door at our club.
Where the farrrrrk is the external review!!!!
There's an internal review going on at the Academy - all jobs up for grabs. Strange when it's really the only part of the club that seems to have success. U19s beat Brisbane twice (2 from 2) and the U17s squared with Brisbane 1-1. Meanwhile a coach with barely a 20% win percentage seems secure.

from reddit. our boys love an offseason holiday!

rc1a1ha6l2j71.png

Could also contend that we are usually injured to the gills and cooked come the final round every year.

Id also like to see how many of those game were against finals bound opponents
2021 - Sydney ✔
2020 - Hawthorn
2019 - GWS ✔ made GF
2018 - Geelong ✔ lost elimination
2017 - Port ✔ lost elimination
2016 - Port
2015 - Sydney ✔ out in straight sets
2014 - West coast
2013 - GWS (only win)
2012 - Adelaide ✔ lost 1st week made PF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Bob Murphy who is on Melbourne Radio, has his own fox footy show

All thanks to being a publicised, well recognised player who played at a Victorian club.

I agree with Bob 100%. He seems like a great bloke & is very supportive of the Suns. Jono Brown & Alistair Lynch have both successfully transitioned into media, based on footy careers in Qld. Michael Voss, in between coaching gigs too. Our young players need to follow the lead shown by Miller, Collins, Witts & Swallow & commit to building the best club they can on the Coast

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree with Bob 100%. He seems like a great bloke & is very supportive of the Suns. Jono Brown & Alistair Lynch have both successfully transitioned into media, based on footy careers in Qld. Michael Voss, in between coaching gigs too. Our young players need to follow the lead shown by Miller, Collins, Witts & Swallow & commit to building the best club they can on the Coast

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I agree with the premise of what he is saying - obviously, I want everyone to stay and build the team from the ground up.

But Murphy's contribution comes from a position of pure VFL privilege. He isn't really acknowledging all the benefits that go with being a Victorian-based AFL footballer.

Lynch and Brown would have a more interesting take on these things - in saying that

Lynch moved to Brisbane for the enormous contract he was offered.
Brown came to the Lions when they were peaking (he was obviously a critical part in this)

Very different from our players at present.

gold-coast.jpg

MVP: Charlie Ballard, Touk Miller, Wil Powell
Most Courageous: Wil Powell
Best First Year: Joel Jeffrey
Captain: David Swallow, Jarrod Witts

Noah Anderson voted AFL coaches association best young player! Well done Ando! 👏🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back