Autopsy Suns v Cats - AFL Rd 10, 2024 - Thursday May 16th 7:00pm - (TIO Stadium)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Bruhn and Bowes back and the Neale/Conway combo could be good? It will be tough without Cameron and Hawkins, but you never know.
Bruhn and Bowes back is massive, gives us a change of pace in the middle we didn't have last week.

Conway can get first use to our mids that Stanley SUCKS at doing. Neale kicked 3 last time Hawkins was out, expect him to crash packs and dive into tackle pressure (had 5 tackles as key forward in his last game)

If our smalls are on, Suns are gonna have a real hard time stopping Miers, Stengle, Close, Dempsey etc.
If their forwards are on, we could cop a bit of a touch up.

put ya savings and the savings of your parents and friends on Geelong - the SUNS have never won a game such as this in their existence.

i want to be proved wrong but until they win games like this, and more than once, they cant be trusted
You had to give us pick 8 to take Jack Bowes and he's pretty likely to be our best performing midfielder out there.

I think Geelong win this by 2-3 goals. Initially thought absence of the 2 talls left Geelong's attack a bit problematic, but assuming conditions are likely to be slippery the lack of height may be less significant. An the other end, Cat's defence still looks very solid and I don't see Gold Coast racking up a big score. One would expect Suns to enjoy some advantage in the midfield battles but the final tipping point for me is that Gold Coast are going in off a short break in a game likely to be played in physically taxing conditions

Cats on the rebound.
Dimma on the rebound in Funsville.

I expect Chris to have too much self control, ethics, and reliability. He should be able to avoid the temptations to be intemperate, sneaky, and not true to his word.

Cats by a few goals.
A victory for integrity. The light on the hill.

Expecting a scrappy affair. Big outs in both sides and short breaks in taxing conditions.
Excited to see the ruck battle, Moyle has always been against premier ruckmans so this is a massive test to see if he has developed and can dominate.
Won and lost in the midfield (as usual). If the suns artillery fires, we're a sniff here.
That being said, Geelong have always been the ultimate professionals when external pressure is applied and the suns have consistently let us down with their winnable tests againts the lions and dogs.
Cats by 9

Will be a good opportunity to see how some younger guys go (Neale, hopefully Conway, maybe Knevitt, Hardie and/or Mannagh.....)
Looking fwd to seeing how Conway competes against Moyle and Neale probably against Collins.

MASSIVE game for the Suns. A win would secure a third consecutive DarWIN Double and more importantly a spot in the top 8.

No Dangerfield. No Hawkins. No Cameron. We're not going to get a much better chance to take down a top 2 side than this game and all eyes will be watching as it's a prime time slot on Thursday night. The humid conditions should favour us but Geelong are a class outfit (even with outs) so I'm expecting it to require our very best to get the job done in this one. My only concern at this point in time is our five day break hurting us late in the game, but I still think we're a good chance.

Suns by 10 points. Let's go!
Danger wasn't in last week either, Hawk and Jez have been underperforming.

Your ins look good, you have some exciting players on every line so Suns probably should be favs but champs never go down without a fight and I believe there is still plenty of fight in the Cats.

Can't sit on the fence, Go Cats!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When will MacAndrew get snapped in half, no player has ever been that skinny.

Put someone with his skills, athleticism & evasiveness in the right role and you won’t catch him to snap him. Plus I reckon he is deceptively strong when he is in a contest. Just not gonna go toe to toe with Hawkins (or Shannon Neale for that matter).

Back