Autopsy Suns v Cats - AFL Rd 10, 2024 - Thursday May 16th 7:00pm - (TIO Stadium)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What if GWS knock cats off next week, pretty likely at this stage, then swans might later in the year, cats might have 4wins and 5 losses at home or something, and that’s where they will be at as a side.
In the past they might have won 85-90% of games at KP, but we’re winning 75% of games anyway…..
Look I don’t think I’m getting through so it’s all just hot air at this point …

People for some reason can’t grasp the concept.

When a team is winning at one stage 52 out of 55 games, they are winning literally everywhere they play.

All teams have home grounds, all teams play better at them. So if a team is winning the majority of their games wherever they go, that figure will rise further when they are at home. It will rise further still when often the genuinely gun sides don’t even get forced to go there. So it’s not like our record was inflated or something. The fact was, we won a hell of a lot of games everywhere and simply beat who we should have beaten there anyway: interstate sides that we probably would have beaten in Melbourne 9 times out of 10 if for whatever reason we had to play there, and the lesser Melbourne teams themselves.

We got massively outplayed today they were so clean in the conditions and had speed to go with it, If Gold Coast qualify for finals I would be scared to play them, when they are on they are very good. Rowell or touk gets it Humphrey and anderson get it off them and kick it to an in form lukosis and king its hard to handle.

We got massively outplayed today they were so clean in the conditions and had speed to go with it, If Gold Coast qualify for finals I would be scared to play them, when they are on they are very good. Rowell or touk gets it Humphrey and anderson get it off them and kick it to an in form lukosis and king its hard to handle.

Tonight is not a fair reflection on how GC are travelling was more of a perfect storm scenario.

What if GWS knock cats off next week, pretty likely at this stage, then swans might later in the year, cats might have 4wins and 5 losses at home or something, and that’s where they will be at as a side.
In the past they might have won 85-90% of games at KP, but we’re winning 75% of games anyway…..
Look I don’t think I’m getting through so it’s all just hot air at this point …
All this from a whinge about academies and then a defensive ramble from Cats fans.

You seem to need a tissue.

Amusing when one whinges then gets faced with their own advantages
Haha did you read my original post, hardly a whinge, but hey, I think everyone on here thinks every Geelong supporters BigFooty account is Chris Scott

We are travelling to every state and territory this year. So you’re literally incorrect.

And of course we aren’t travelling more than you…we didn’t book an offseason US trip. Boy imagine becoming cooked after LOSING a Grand Final.

You’re supposed to be hungover after a win not a loss lol
Yeah, I'd be salty too if my team just got smacked by the Gold Coast Suns.

Tonight is not a fair reflection on how GC are travelling was more of a perfect storm scenario.
They will be unstoppable up North (outside of the Gabba) this and next year at times. But they need to put it together on ventures south. Playing them at Marvel compared to NT is about a 15 goal swing (well done Blues).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will be unstoppable up North (outside of the Gabba) this and next year at times. But they need to put it together on ventures south. Playing them at Marvel compared to NT is about a 15 goal swing (well done Blues).
Undefeated in home games so far this year - Carrara 4-0 (Richmond, Adelaide, Hawthorn, West Coast) & Darwin 2-0 (North & Geelong) but mostly against teams outside of the top 8. We host Essendon on the Gold Coast in a fortnight and that should be a good test of whether we can pull off the big wins at home this year. Still, 6-0 in home games is very encouraging and if we can start winning a few away then look out.

Undefeated in home games so far this year - Carrara 4-0 (Richmond, Adelaide, Hawthorn, West Coast) & Darwin 2-0 (North & Geelong) but mostly against teams outside of the top 8. We host Essendon on the Gold Coast in a fortnight and that should be a good test of whether we can pull off the big wins at home this year. Still, 6-0 in home games is very encouraging and if we can start winning a few away then look out.
I legitimately want to see them take some of that mojo on the road. They're a great team to watch in full flow. But to be at that GWS 2016-2023 level they need to bring it on their travels at least now and then.

I do think it'll happen but the most common trend with young teams is starting off well at home and then it clicking on the road in subsequent years. 2025-2028 looks like a good window. They could still sneak finals this year though.

I legitimately want to see them take some of that mojo on the road. They're a great team to watch in full flow. But to be at that GWS 2016-2023 level they need to bring it on their travels at least now and then.

I do think it'll happen but the most common trend with young teams is starting off well at home and then it clicking on the road in subsequent years. 2025-2028 looks like a good window. They could still sneak finals this year though.
Let's see how they go against Carlton at Marvel next week. There's currently reason to believe that we could be following a similar path to Collingwood in 2022 and GWS in 2023 given we've implemented a game plan that's akin to theirs and those teams both began their runs around R10 of their first season.

Let's see how they go against Carlton at Marvel next week. There's currently reason to believe that we could be following a similar path to Collingwood in 2022 and GWS in 2023 given we've implemented a game plan that's akin to theirs and those teams both began their runs around R10 of their first season.
Yep this sounds right to me. One statement performance away from home and it could really click into gear. The signs are there. That midfield is outrageous, with the KPDs and mix of forwards more than capable too.

Record without Rohan - 7-0
Record with Rohan - 0-3
Same record with Cam Guthrie in midfield. There's about 5 or 6 Geelong veterans really struggling right now.

Next week I'd bring Duncan (has some dicey moments but at least DOES something) in for Guthrie, releasing Holmes to midfield.
Cameron in for Rohan.
Mannagh for Tuohy, play him across half forward as another quality ball user with some zip. Miers pushing up to the wing.

When Dangerfield is ready, he can displace Parfitt or Atkins as even at their best we only really need one of them. Blicavs remains useful as back up ruck for Conway.

Last edited:
I hope you do flog Carlton, but you wont have the same conditions as you had in the NT, nor the incredibly short ground

I hope you do flog Carlton, but you wont have the same conditions as you had in the NT, nor the incredibly short ground
We've actually got a pretty decent record against Carlton at Marvel. 3 wins in our last 4 games against Carlton at Marvel to be exact. I know the Blues have improved over the last 12 months but our boys have proven in recent years that they can handle/thive in the Marvel conditions and ground dimensions, particularly when facing Carlton.

The problem with Geelong is that they're midfield is genuinely not top 8 quality. They rely on their good defence and forwardline to win. It was always going to unravel at some point.

Max props to Suns. Played full 4 qtrs and you could see the confidence in the whole team. I was impressed with their skills in slippery conditions, and the transition one end to the other. Class all over the ground. Great to watch. Go Suns!

Back