Supercoach DRAFT 2017 - Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's our full draft - 8 teams with 22 person squads. 2 rounds linear, rest snake order.

Pretty experienced league, this is our 5th year.

Thoughts on best/worst teams & how I drafted (team 2)?

View attachment 347327

I can share my pre-Draft notes/research if anyone's interest, but I think everyone would of drafted by now. My notes pretty much ordered my top 180 players based on last years average, JLT performance, position, potential breakouts + returning Essendon players.

I only did 5-6 hours of research, but I felt incredibly confident during the process and felt like I drafted very well because of the prep - only regret is picking Stevens way early. Anyway, felt much better than last year... going in with no prep and no notes haha
LOL
Wingard at 54 Nroo at 56 :drunk:

Had mates over and we selected 8 teams of 22 (old school with a whiteboard) no lap tops etc.......Now I want to enter all the teams properly online........can someone please explain the Live draft one computer/offline selections.......do I just get all of them to sign up and join the league and then I can select all the players for each team from my computer? Cheers in advance!!!!

Thoughts on the team? Little weaker in defence but loaded midfield
8 team, 15 a side:
Backs: Z Williams, Montagna, Hibberd Macmillan (K Kolo)
Mids: JPK, Trealor, Bont, Rockliff, Viney (Coniglio, Ross, J Kelly
Ruck: Hickey
Forwards: Dahlhaus, Gunston, J Riewoldt T Lynch (Billings)

Had mates over and we selected 8 teams of 22 (old school with a whiteboard) no lap tops etc.......Now I want to enter all the teams properly online........can someone please explain the Live draft one computer/offline selections.......do I just get all of them to sign up and join the league and then I can select all the players for each team from my computer? Cheers in advance!!!!

I'm pretty sure that's what needs to happen. We sign up to the league and post-draft our commisioner goes online and manually creates each of the teams for us (by selecting the picks in draft order).

Here's our full draft - 8 teams with 22 person squads. 2 rounds linear, rest snake order.

Pretty experienced league, this is our 5th year.

Thoughts on best/worst teams & how I drafted (team 2)?

View attachment 347327

I can share my pre-Draft notes/research if anyone's interest, but I think everyone would of drafted by now. My notes pretty much ordered my top 180 players based on last years average, JLT performance, position, potential breakouts + returning Essendon players.

I only did 5-6 hours of research, but I felt incredibly confident during the process and felt like I drafted very well because of the prep - only regret is picking Stevens way early. Anyway, felt much better than last year... going in with no prep and no notes haha
hey zannnn mate i got my draft tomorrow and never done draft before. would love your notes if you are willing to share? thanks man. let me know

Had our draft tonight. 8 man league, here's my team.
7a05da260b620e4466320dd724e5c830.jpg
8539e9aeb526164d41d8817092a33f2e.jpg

hey zannnn mate i got my draft tomorrow and never done draft before. would love your notes if you are willing to share? thanks man. let me know

Hopefully not too late.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hii95we53d5fqy/draft cheat sheet.xlsx?dl=0

The structure of my spreadsheet is as follows: The first tab I spent the most time ordering top 56 players - red text players are injured. The next tab is the top 57-180 - didnt spend as much time as I would of liked so theres a few players that should be moved around and maybe a few missing. Green players are players I liked and moved up a fair bit. These are the only two tabs that I really looked at when doing the live draft.

The next few tabs are just further references for each possie. Injuries was a manual list from articles I read but AFL have since posted the injury list on their website. Last 3 tabs are just data sources.

Hopefully you find my analysis useful (first 2 tabs), if not, its just a spreadsheet with player averages, JLT scores etc. that still may be of some use.

Hopefully not too late.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hii95we53d5fqy/draft cheat sheet.xlsx?dl=0

The structure of my spreadsheet is as follows: The first tab I spent the most time ordering top 56 players - red text players are injured. The next tab is the top 57-180 - didnt spend as much time as I would of liked so theres a few players that should be moved around and maybe a few missing. Green players are players I liked and moved up a fair bit. These are the only two tabs that I really looked at when doing the live draft.

The next few tabs are just further references for each possie. Injuries was a manual list from articles I read but AFL have since posted the injury list on their website. Last 3 tabs are just data sources.

Hopefully you find my analysis useful (first 2 tabs), if not, its just a spreadsheet with player averages, JLT scores etc. that still may be of some use.
you are a legend. thanks so much

you are a legend. thanks so much

No worries. Just take caution with picks and use some discretion - the list isnt perfect with a few mistakes e.g. Stevens is pretty high and i think i just heard hes not playing rnd1. At work now so cant do a thorough look at the list. Good luck

Edit: sorry to the guys that sent me private messages for my notes throughout the week, i didnt check my PMs and missed them.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 players. 14 on the field. 5 on the bench. Some interesting results, I was team 4. How'd I go?

upload_2017-3-22_21-33-33.png

The uh first JK was a mistake :p And a lot more Forwards, Rucks and defenders went in the top 20 than I had planned for. So my midfield got pretty stacked pretty quickly. Rest of the field suffered a little but I'm happy to grab Rance, Gunston, Tuohy and Rioli late. Purposely left rucks til last cos I figured I was gonna get a pretty decent one anyway.

I took Wallis in the draft without realising he would miss the first half of the season, think he is worth holding on to?
replacements include:
Carlisle
Jamie Elliott (only out for 1-2 weeks)
Hrovat
De Goey (6 weeks)
Cloke
B Hill
Hopper
Vickert
Crameri
Membery
Jong
Tomahawk
Lobb
C Cameron
Petrie
Bell

How high do people think Ablett should go?

6 players. 14 on the field. 5 on the bench. Some interesting results, I was team 4. How'd I go?

View attachment 348504

The uh first JK was a mistake :p And a lot more Forwards, Rucks and defenders went in the top 20 than I had planned for. So my midfield got pretty stacked pretty quickly. Rest of the field suffered a little but I'm happy to grab Rance, Gunston, Tuohy and Rioli late. Purposely left rucks til last cos I figured I was gonna get a pretty decent one anyway.[/QUOTE

Noob draft question, I had Pittard but traded him........now I want to get him back and it seems I have to go through Waiver wire? Can someone please explain how I can get him? I'm currently 4th on the list? I have nfi :/........do the three people above me on the list get a day to steal him?

Noob draft question, I had Pittard but traded him........now I want to get him back and it seems I have to go through Waiver wire? Can someone please explain how I can get him? I'm currently 4th on the list? I have nfi :/........do the three people above me on the list get a day to steal him?

Yes they do.

Wait till very last minute to trade for him. Anything earlier alerts those who mite have forgotten about him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back