FM Swansea - The New Man City?

Remove this Banner Ad

1268389064_565.png

As a bunch of club officials huddled around the board room table, few knew that this was the beginning of a massive overhaul at the relatively unknown Welsh club. They had finally made it into the English Premier League, the first Welsh club to do so, but bigger things were to come.

Rich businessman Peter Williams invested $125 million into the club in order to create it into a formidable side that looked dangerous even in one of the most talented competitions. He was also to help manage the club through the season as they would attempt to stay in the Premier League and compete.

They sold Leon Britton and Mark Gower to Manchester City and Arsenal respectively. They bought Jelle Vossen from Belgium club Genk for $4 million, but this was only the beginning. Williams vowed that this club would one day win the English Premier League.

Their first friendly they defeated Doncaster 1-0 in a relatively low key match, but Williams was searching far and wide in order to improve the side so they could match it with the best. And so the story begins...

Re: FM 2012: Swansea - The New Man City?

John Fleck becomes a Swan​

0,,5~3196784,00.jpg

Nineteen year old star midfielder John Fleck has joined Swansea from the Rangers for $15 million. He is believed to have made the move in order to play in the English Premier League in a developing club. It is a coup for Swansea because other clubs such as Tottenham were also chasing him. He will no doubt be a big part of their starting 11.

More Transfer News​

Tomasz Sokolowski (Viking) $1.5 Million
Ben Watson (Wigan) $8 Million

Both are midfielders who are looking for game time. They are both starting in the midfield with Fleck for the upcoming friendly against Rotherham.

Rotherham 1 --- Swansea 4​

vossen_2.jpg

Jelle Vossen was welcomed to the team with two goals against League 2 competitors Rotherham. The Swans scored three first half goals, and Vossen added his second in extra time in the second half. Watson, Fleck and Sokolowski were all impressive in the midfield as was Leroy Lita up forward.

More Transfer News:

Marc-Antonie Fortune' (West Brom) $5 Million
Michel (Getafe) $2.5 Million
Pavel Horvath(Viktoria Plyzen)

Swansea secure a few more names to add to their list.

Meanwhile, Swansea knocked off the much weaker Port Talbot away from home 2-0 in a solid, but not impressive match. Manager Peter Williams ensured everyone got minutes on the pitch. They also defeated Neath 4-0 with Vossen securing two of the goals.

Dobbie joins Southampton​

Stephen Dobbie has joined Southampton on a loan deal from Swansea in order to get more game time. While Dobbie is a talented player, there are too many ahead of him at Swansea so he must go elsewhere to find more game time and experience.

Nabil Dirar joins Swansea​

NabilDirar_2316249.jpg

Nabil Dirar has joined Swansea from Club Brugge on a $1.1 Million deal. He is an attacking midfielder who can play either left or right and is believed to be a great value signing.

haha interesting idea man looking forward to seeing what you can do. Fleck is immense by the way, destroyed teams when I got him on loan for Wigan.

Yeah I was keen on him, and because of Swansea not being a "key club" around the world, not many players want to come and play for them, so might have to stick with them for a few seasons in order to try and get them up the ladder so the real guns will come play for us.

Until then we'll search for the best bargains who want to play.

Have played three EPL games:

1-0 WIN @ Sunderland
0-2 LOSS against Chelsea @ home
4-0 WIN @ QPR

But they lost to Huddersfield Town in the League Cup on penalties which was really annoying, luckily they came out and belted QPR which was helpful.

Next match is against Everton which I will sim tonight :)

I feared the worst for a while because Swansea went on a terrible losing streak, losing eight out of nine games:

Everton 0-3
Liverpool 0-4
Arsenal 0-1
Tottenham 2-3 (After being two goals up and the Spurs being a player down)
West Brom 2-3 (Down 2-0, nearly scored a win)
Wolves 3-2 (Was 2-0 up, they came back to 2-2 then we scored a late winner)
Man Utd 1-4 (We levelled at 1-1 but it was all downhill from there)
Man City 0-2
Bolton 0-1

But since then we have won three on the trot:
Wigan 1-0
Norwich 3-0
Aston Villa 3-1

We are currently 13th in the EPL, which are meeting my first season expectations of avoiding relegation, and hoping to finish in the top 15. Our next five matches are Blackburn, Stoke, Fulham, Newcastle and Sunderland. Hoping we can win at least three of them.

Fleck is one of my favourites on FM, always used to sign him when I when I used to start as bottom premier league clubs in FM 9 and 10....he will not disappoint, scoring machine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fleck is one of my favourites on FM, always used to sign him when I when I used to start as bottom premier league clubs in FM 9 and 10....he will not disappoint, scoring machine

Do you have him at AMC? I've been rotating him between AMC and LMC but he hasn't really scored anything. Has set up quite a few goals.

Swansea frustrate the hell out of me, because players like Danny Graham can be running into a one-on-one opportunity, and then they turn around and pass it backwards, then the opposition get back and set up.

New recruits have worked a treat.

After losing to Chelsea 1-2 away (A fair effort TBH), we have knocked off QPR (1-0), drew with Everton away (0-0) and the big one, defeating Liverpool 2-1.

New recruit Gary Hooper scored both goals against Liverpool which was really promising.

EPL Table after 24 Rounds​

epltable.png

Really disappointing ending, winning one, drawing three and losing ten of the last fourteen. Just survived the cut finishing 17th.

So I donated another $100 million in a bid to try and improve around the field.

Started and finished a Swansea season today. Signed Kleber from Palmeries, and a couple of wonderkids on loan. Finished 9th and asked for a new contract, they said no because they weren't confident in me and I expressed interest in the Arsenal job, resigned and got Arsenal job. :D

Started and finished a Swansea season today. Signed Kleber from Palmeries, and a couple of wonderkids on loan. Finished 9th and asked for a new contract, they said no because they weren't confident in me and I expressed interest in the Arsenal job, resigned and got Arsenal job. :D

What did you have as your expectations? I would have been sure 9th would have easily got you a new contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back