Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally, travel to the SCG by tram/bus for Swans games (I assume cricket, Eastern Suburbs Roosters games and other events too) is included in a match day ticket.

Or go to a Leagues club and drink there before or after the game
I've never understood the uproar about stadium pricing. Nobody is forcing people to purchase ANYTHING at the venue. Anything bar booze can be brought in. They provide food/drink as a convenience to the spectator and conveniece always comes at a cost.

I've never understood the uproar about stadium pricing. Nobody is forcing people to purchase ANYTHING at the venue. Anything bar booze can be brought in. They provide food/drink as a convenience to the spectator and convenience always comes at a cost.

They're just ripping people off.

It doesn't do much for the venue's reputation.

Why are you defending the venue's rip-off pricing strategy?
How am I defending it? I'm saying, nobody forcing you to be ripped off. It's not mandatory to purchase it so if you think it's a rip off DON'T BUY IT.
I agree it's too expensive so when I go to AO I don't buy it.
I also don't buy petrol when it's at the high end of the price cycle.
I'm not defending it, I'm stating how to not get yourself ripped off.

I've never understood the uproar about stadium pricing. Nobody is forcing people to purchase ANYTHING at the venue.

Technically no, but AFL is a long event and there can be no easy alternatives.

Anything bar booze can be brought in.

I don't understand. You cannot even bring soft drinks into Perth stadium.

They provide food/drink as a convenience to the spectator and conveniece always comes at a cost.

It is simply poor business. The idea is to enjoy a game of football - the complete experience.
The idea of business is to provide a service and make a profit - a sustainable profit with return custom.
Charging the maximum price possible is just poor economics.

Technically no, but AFL is a long event and there can be no easy alternatives.

I don't understand. You cannot even bring soft drinks into Perth stadium.

It is simply poor business. The idea is to enjoy a game of football - the complete experience.
The idea of business is to provide a service and make a profit - a sustainable profit with return custom.
Charging the maximum price possible is just poor economics.
Well you keep spending your money then.

Well you keep spending your money then.

Well I don't. The point is - I would, if prices were more reasonable.
From a purely business p.o.v. I think they have the wrong price point.
I'm going to the AFL now. We'll be eating at a "restaurant" then continuing to the game.
Yesterday I had a beautiful hamburger and drinks at the amateurs.
That's an attraction in going to the WAFL and WAAFL, along with a few other reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I don't. The point is - I would, if prices were more reasonable.
From a purely business p.o.v. I think they have the wrong price point.
I'm going to the AFL now. We'll be eating at a "restaurant" then continuing to the game.
Yesterday I had a beautiful hamburger and drinks at the amateurs.
That's an attraction in going to the WAFL and WAAFL, along with a few other reasons.
Thus proving my point that you don't need to waste money there if you think it's too pricey.

Another Sydney test ... another load of rain delays. Happens every ... single ... year. The stats show Sydney tests have more play lost to rain than all the other Australian test venues ... combined! It also has more rain delays than English test venues - even Manchester! Rain delays in Sydney are as tiresome as they are predictable.

The NSW Gov't seems to have an endless bucketload of money to build new rectangular stadiums and upgrade other little attended suburban venues. Surely it's time they spent money more usefully on their most attended, premier sports venue and put a retractable roof on it.

Or just schedule gabba and scg tests first up in nov?
gabba
Scg
Perth
Mcg
Adelaide
We’ll gladly have the Australia Day test back thanks very much

Why not construct a box on the roof of the Brewongle Stand and put the cameras / operators up there?

Or put the camera’s on the other side of the field, so we can see the nice members and ladies stands on tv.

re cameras too low at this ground

here is where they need to install scaffolding - blue X:
View attachment 1501760

and from ground level, here is the view of where cameras currently are (red X) and where it would be (blue x) - not too high at all

View attachment 1501761
You’re not putting scaffold on the roof of a heritage listed building of such significance

Behind it. A raised platform where my x is behind the building.
You’ll still see it, either looking from the ground or even more so when you’re looking at the stand from behind. There’s not a chance that that would get national heritage approval.

Any new works would need to be complementary, and it’s just easier to mount cameras on an adjacent grand stand and have the vision off centre. Either that or have cameras on the opposite wing to use for night games only.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back