Expansion Tasmania Officially Granted 19th Licence

Remove this Banner Ad

$10 is about right for a couple of bumper stickers but memberships they ain't
Sure they aren't a fully fledged ticketed membership of course, they are founding memberships.

It's pretty good evidence that around half of that number at least will sign up for the fully priced memberships ahead of 2028.

Sure they aren't a fully fledged ticketed membership of course, they are founding memberships.

It's pretty good evidence that around half of that number at least will sign up for the fully priced memberships ahead of 2028.
Fairly certain the GWS Foundation Memberships (zero games) on the night of the launch were $50.

The Sydney tax in full force again !

What's not meaningless is the overwhelming support that is being shown for Tasmania right now. It's bringing tears to my eyes! Very beautiful and reassuring that we will be a success!

I think what SM is saying is we ought to temper down expectations of whatever the "foundational membership" count will end up being... as that is not necessarily a true reflection of the number of people that will actually sign up as full paying members once the club is operational. $10/$15 is easy enough to spend without thinking twice... for a chance to be a part of AFL history. for the record, I've signed up too and hope the number gets to 100K+.

But I do agree with Jazny that this isn't about membership in the first place, and more a reflection of the support the Tasmania Devils concept has from Australians across the board, which certainly is exceptional! And a very smart and savvy move by the AFL.. well done

I think you are just talking about different interpretations of the same event... not necessarily disagreeing with each other, but that's me 2 cents

Fairly certain the GWS Foundation Memberships (zero games) on the night of the launch were $50.

The Sydney tax in full force again !
Yes, that's what I paid for the GWS Foundation Membership.

I think what SM is saying is we ought to temper down expectations of whatever the "foundational membership" count will end up being... as that is not necessarily a true reflection of the number of people that will actually sign up as full paying members once the club is operational. $10/$15 is easy enough to spend without thinking twice... for a chance to be a part of AFL history. for the record, I've signed up too and hope the number gets to 100K+.
Before he came along we all thought we are going to have 82 000 full paying members on our first day and go past Collingwood in our first week as the highest revenue club in Australia. I am so glad he set us straight on that one :eekv1:

I think the Stadium will get built at the end of the day support for it is too great despite some detractors, it's just political arrgy barrgy at the moment.

All the people and politicans complaining about other issues/housing/cost of living how do you fix these issues? You build a modern stadium with a roof where great musical acts can come, other use cases the amount jobs this will create.

The AFL could have got Marvel Stadium for free if they waited but knew it was in their best interest to just purchase it now relatively cheap & sell it out to people like P!NK.

No one is going to play to play at the current out-dated grounds, where it has no roof & weather can be chaos.

But is that the same as the end of year membership tally? I thought it had been long established that pet memberships have never been counted despite the constant assertions to the contrary, yet still this subject is debated about once every 3 weeks on this site, surely it can't be that hard to put this matter to bed
Yes it is.

And that was true. But pet memberships, baby memberships are now included if you pay more than $1 for them. Everyone getting to bump up their numbers was great for the AFL pushing itself as the biggest sport going around.

I've adjusted the colours to match the official team colours. Think I prefer it darker personally.

View attachment 1932963

I also quite like this design as an alternative:

View attachment 1932966
Yes, the maroon is better, better reflects their state colours, too.

If I had any pull, I'd be using your original design and paying you for it, just not if your asking price is 750 million, you see there's this polarising stadium and...

Before he came along we all thought we are going to have 82 000 full paying members on our first day and go past Collingwood in our first week as the highest revenue club in Australia. I am so glad he set us straight on that one :eekv1:
Lol, so you are one of those dog with a bone types... love to engage in meaningless and unnecessary keyboard warfare. So long... intellectual giant

Weird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's weird there's not a Tasmanian leading the post count. Thought they'd be more excited than you!

I keep getting alerts for this thread.

Weird I created it not some Taswegian.

Seeing as they have 80k members isn't it best to upgrade the stadium to 100k seater? Or would it be safer making it 110?

EDIT: Just saw they hit 100k members, definitely need 120k or so, although that will cost a lot to build

wired-wired-wired.gif

I still don't know what your issue is in this thread. But at least we are half way to having an extraordinary number of foundation members :)

$10 is about right for a couple of bumper stickers but memberships they ain't
In the literal sense, you're right. None of the foundation memberships are hooked up to the Ticketmaster system. I imagine real memberships will have to be re-bought down the line.

100k in 24 hours is an outcome that not even the most optimistic supporter could have predicted. It is a great result and shows the demand for a team in Tasmania both from Tasmanians and the wider community.

In the literal sense, you're right. None of the foundation memberships are hooked up to the Ticketmaster system. I imagine real memberships will have to be re-bought down the line.

In the literal sense, they got people to pay for effectively an EOI for a "real" membership/a spot on a mailing list, and the right to spend more money on the club this season buying merch. And they've made over $1m.

That's wild.

100k in 24 hours is an outcome that not even the most optimistic supporter could have predicted. It is a great result and shows the demand for a team in Tasmania both from Tasmanians and the wider community.
At $10 a pop you should get 200,000 really.

Even I’ll join up as a foundation member for $10.

At $10 a pop you should get 200,000 really.

Even I’ll join up as a foundation member for $10.

Don't move to goal posts to downplay it.

100k is ridiculous, and beyond anyone's wildest imagination.

I bet GC don't have 100k on their mailing list, and Tassie charged people for the privilege.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back