Tasmania Southern Cross TV & TDT FTA channels.

Remove this Banner Ad

randyzany

Premiership Player
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Has anyone in Melbourne bought a satellite dish primarily to receive interstate FTA? Specifically FTA from Tasmania as it seems the lovely folks down in the apple isle get to see the bulk of FTA games aired live whilst those unfortunate to reside in Victoria have to suffer and watch millions of ads and wait till well past 11pm for the so-called delayed telecast to finish.

I’m giving serious thought to buying a dish if that is indeed possible. Have vigorously tried googling info on this topic but there’s not much surfacing and the few bits and pieces bobbing up are very sketchy.

Any input would be much appreciated.

We had the reverse at one stage (obtaining vic broadcasts before Ten came to tassie), and despite the promises of the installation guy, it was intermittent at absolute best. Any cloud cover and you'd spend more time looking at a blue screen than the picture. Any rain and you could forget about it.

would be great to see interstate FTA... say you're from Perth, living in Melbourne, and want to watch the local Perth news to see what's up back home, but I'm sure there are regulations against it.

DirectTV here in the States shows east coast FTA (New York) and west coast FTA (Los Angeles) if your service is not able to pick up any local FTA channels... which is a rare case.

Has anyone in Melbourne bought a satellite dish primarily to receive interstate FTA? Specifically FTA from Tasmania as it seems the lovely folks down in the apple isle get to see the bulk of FTA games aired live whilst those unfortunate to reside in Victoria have to suffer and watch millions of ads and wait till well past 11pm for the so-called delayed telecast to finish.

I’m giving serious thought to buying a dish if that is indeed possible. Have vigorously tried googling info on this topic but there’s not much surfacing and the few bits and pieces bobbing up are very sketchy.

Any input would be much appreciated.

I don't think so, I had an interest like this once and came across a huge resource on the satellites and what they actually broadcast. I didn't find one that was broadcasting any of the Tasmanian stations. It was mainly asian and middle east channels.

We had the reverse at one stage (obtaining vic broadcasts before Ten came to tassie), and despite the promises of the installation guy, it was intermittent at absolute best. Any cloud cover and you'd spend more time looking at a blue screen than the picture. Any rain and you could forget about it.

Ironic isn't it?

would be great to see interstate FTA... say you're from Perth, living in Melbourne, and want to watch the local Perth news to see what's up back home, but I'm sure there are regulations against it.

DirectTV here in the States shows east coast FTA (New York) and west coast FTA (Los Angeles) if your service is not able to pick up any local FTA channels... which is a rare case.

I was hoping something like that would be available in some shape or form but sadly it appears to be riddled with red tape, to the delight of FTA networks I'm sure.

I don't think so, I had an interest like this once and came across a huge resource on the satellites and what they actually broadcast. I didn't find one that was broadcasting any of the Tasmanian stations. It was mainly asian and middle east channels.

That’s what I’m starting to realise now, though I’ll make enquiries to satellite retailers before I completely give up on this.
It makes my blood boil having to put up with the shabby treatment FTA networks dish out to their supposed customers. IMHO governments should have passed legislation against making FTA viewers have to wait almost ‘till midnight to watch an ordinary game footy. Disgraceful doesn’t quite cover it.

I pay for FOX, dont remember missing a game in WA (Eagles or Freo) I wanted to watch.

Fox have a much stronger position the next rights deal, YES !

So many people are not prepared to pay, bludgers in the truest sense of the word.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back