Teammates that didn't like each other

Remove this Banner Ad

Murphy and Aker.

Murphy thought he knew what it took and Aker had already achieved it all and even in his twilight, was twice the player that Murphy was.

Maybe if the leading team of the time approached the Aker issue a bit less aggressively, Murph might have achieved his flag.
Aker was a self centred fool whose mantra of telling it like it is didn't apply when others told him like it is. You dont get booted out of two clubs for basically the same behaviour for no reason!

Aker was a self centred fool whose mantra of telling it like it is didn't apply when others told him like it is. You dont get booted out of two clubs for basically the same behaviour for no reason!
While I do not disagree with any of that, he was 100% right about leading teams.

Coke has been commonly used since at least the 1920's.
I
While I do not disagree with any of that, he was 100% right about leading teams.
Was it leading teams he had a problem with or his teammates "telling him like it is", I suspect the 2nd option when you consider lightning struck in the same place twice. Leading teams worked out of for the Cats it put them on their road to success if you listen to some of their players.
No question Aker was at his best a great player, entertaining etc but it was always about him.

Was it leading teams he had a problem with or his teammates "telling him like it is", I suspect the 2nd option when you consider lightning struck in the same place twice. Leading teams worked out of for the Cats it put them on their road to success if you listen to some of their players.
No question Aker was at his best a great player, entertaining etc but it was always about him.
He had very specific criticisms about leading teams. They were a predicatable disaster for Collingwood.

He had very specific criticisms about leading teams. They were a predicatable disaster for Collingwood.
Perhaps but do you think it was a coincidence that two separate clubs came to the same conclusion after a period of time? Once you could explain away as an anomaly but twice seems more than coincidence.

Could have a sub thread for these dog acts around clubs.. Feel sorry for Hartlett im sure he'd of jumped ship in a heartbeat if someone thought he was worth what port are paying him.
What's the story with Boak and Hartlett?

What's the story with Boak and Hartlett?

The story is Hamish made a joke at a function at the club one night about his girlfriend making eyes at Travis Boak and the always reliable rumour mill has turned that into 'Travis Boak slept with Hamish Hartlett's missus purple monkey dishwasher'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The story is Hamish made a joke at a function at the club one night about his girlfriend making eyes at Travis Boak and the always reliable rumour mill has turned that into 'Travis Boak slept with Hamish Hartlett's missus purple monkey dishwasher'.
That's a bloody outrage if true, well I sure hope Travis pays for his sins - especially that purple monkey dishwasher thing.

Viney used to take MMA lessons from year 9 to year 11. Would kick the absolute s**t out of Sylvia and most footballers I would think.

Pound for pound Viney would be as tough as it gets in the AFL, bloke had to be retrained on how to get the ball because he was using his head as a battering ram too often
He KOd 2 GC players doing this in the one game in his second season

http://m.afl.com.au/video/subscriptions.smartmobile?mediaId=e8dbeef8cb99e310VgnVCM200000986bb70aRCRD

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back