Opinion Liked, Learned, Hated Opening Round 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liked: Rowell, damn that was impressive

Learnt: Someone stole the only copy of a thesaurus at The Age. both yesterday's wins headlines are "Orange Tsunami" and "Gold Coast Tsunami"

Hated / meh: not convinced on the opening round concept, although I'm sure given some teams struggle coming off a bye, there's a couple of teams in there that I'm happy to see struggle twice off a bye now.

Liked - Sydney running over a team rather than being run over
Learned- Carlton wont fold
hated- the opening round concept, round 1 didn't need a gimmick. Dont mind the focus on Qld and NSW, Even split round 1 over two weeks or make them the thursday night friday night games, or just give these 8 teams a bye next week, any of those. (personally just have round 1)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked - Watching GWS
Learned- Richmond has fallen
Hated-:Only 4 games

Liked: Melbourne solved their forward line woes…….oh hang on 🙄
Learned: Mason is certainly a big cox
Hated: playing in hot humid pre-season conditions. Dees just can’t play when it’s slippery

The Earth is slow but the Ox is patient.

Giants and The Blues aren't pretenders their rich vein of form from half way point last season will continue.

The Lions are still that. A hungry Lion and will take some stopping this year again. Bad kicking cost them the game let's be honest but credit to the Blues that's football and they were 46 down. Balls of steel to come back from that margin at Fortress GABBA.

Melbourne are the same team from the last two seasons. Can't capitilise on their good work.

Gold Coast will be a handful again at home.

We got some work to do but we'll be ok. The hunger was there, the execution wasn't.

I love Footy.

And Curnow is a genuine shot again for 80+ goals this season.

Blues are the real deal. Dangerous.

Learnt: the AFL need a calendar app.
Liked: outlaw Toby Wales responds to umpire bias by playing good footy.
Hated: Sunday. Bloody Sunday. When was the last time you picked up the vaccuum? I didn't even know we had one.

Learned - The AFL only gives a sh*t about the Northern Teams and the big Vic 3.

**** everyone else I guess
And why Melbourne and not Essendon?

I think they tried to get the best match-ups in terms of passion.

Carlton and Collingwood were picked because of the intense Preliminary Finals last year, and fresh on people minds.

Sydney got Melbourne because of Grundy.

And Gold Coast got Richmond because of Hardwick.

But yeah, don’t like that only four games got played and they should have all 9 games outside of Victoria instead.

Liked: Nothing
Learned: Footy kinda sucks these days. Really over it. Zero excitement for it any more. The game is bad, the media is horrible. The outcomes are more scripted than WWE. It's a bad pantomime really.
Hated: David Granger passing

Liked: Nothing
Learned: Footy kinda sucks these days. Really over it. Zero excitement for it any more. The game is bad, the media is horrible. The outcomes are more scripted than WWE. It's a bad pantomime really.
Hated: David Granger passing
Hinkley as coach can sap your spirits I’m sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back