Not open for further replies.
Liked: Docker

Liked: Marshall, Wilke, Saints make finals :oops:

Liked: GWS Giants - The Big Big Sound, Tom Green

Liked: Alex Davies

Last edited:

Liked,

GWS making it in & Doggies are out.

Its anyone's premiership this season and know one really knows how confident the result is going to be.

Learned,

Our midfield is really holding our team together as our forwards and defenses are rubbish. But we are not beating the teams that have stability through all the key positions.

Hated,

umpiring standards. Sunday's lunchtime game was the worst display of umpire competency one could ever see. Both teams got some bizarre decisions or missed decisions which shows that the umpire fraternity is poorly managed and completely misdirected.

Score review system. The overreaction to score reviews is going to destroy the joy of going to the football. You can no longer cheer for goals as there is always a score review looming to overturn the decision. Not sure if the football public is going to be prepared for the effect on game day atmosphere due to this buzz kill event. Sure it might make good TV but at the ground, its terrible.

Sunday 12pm local time game start, WTF???

Liked: Giants with the upset win. Toby Greene putting the pressure on the AFL. If he did what was done to him, there would be an uproar.

Learned: Many teams in the 8 will let out a sigh of relief that there's a pre-finals and not a pre-grand final bye. Lots of niggling injuries that could do with the week off.

Hated: 1. If the goal umpire believes it's a goal, CALL IT A GOAL. Don't spoil the moment and kill the raw emotion of the crowd. Goals are reviewed anyway for Ch7 to have an ad break. If it's a behind, so be it - the score can be corrected without destroying the atmosphere at the time.
2. Don't waste time calling a score review when the ball is well above the posts. Cameras will be at an oblique angle to the ball's trajectory and will not be definitive. 3. Teams in the final 8 having players suffer serious (and some season-ending) injuries.

Last edited:
Liked: Thank god the season is over for my team, what a rotten year, they can get 2 months off and get those injuries attened too and have a big pre season.

Learnt: Neither Brisbane or Port can win this flag in 2023. Essendon is without doubt as bad as North Melbourne and West Coast and the fact they won 11 games is beyond galling. They are woeful and should be favourites for the spoon in 2024

Hated: 28 score reviews on the weekend, a response to the previous week i suppose. The new AFL boss has got to sort out all aspects of the umpriing or leave the phone off the hook on Monday's. I'm not holding my breath.
Geelong wearing white shorts for a home game against the Dogs, it's not anytihng to do with colours...

Liked: Geelong finished above Richmond. Small consolation, but it's something I guess

Learnt: Tanking is a thing of the past it seems

Hated: The fixturing. If a Melbourne player got subbed due to concussion, they would have missed the first final because they play the Pies 11 days later on Thursday. Unfortunately fairness never enters the equation when the AFL decide the fixture and the venues teams are required to play at.

Liked: Geelong finished above Richmond. Small consolation, but it's something I guess

Learnt: Tanking is a thing of the past it seems

Hated: The fixturing. If a Melbourne player got subbed due to concussion, they would have missed the first final because they play the Pies 11 days later on Thursday. Unfortunately fairness never enters the equation when the AFL decide the fixture and the venues teams are required to play at.

Maybe this was taken into consideration, with the game being scheduled later IF a concussion occurred but one didn't so they booked it in for the Thursday time slot ??? .............

Hated: Toby Weitering didn't get suspended like Jacob Bedford. Is it something about the Toby name??

Liked: Jye Amiss finishing with 41 goals as a 20 year old.
Learned: Don't think any team from outside the top 4 can make the prelims, let along win it.
Hated: Adelaide missing finals due to goal umpire error is just wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe this was taken into consideration, with the game being scheduled later IF a concussion occurred but one didn't so they booked it in for the Thursday time slot ??? .............
they don't play finals on a Sunday, so it wasn't

Same applies to Carlton & GWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back