Tegan Higginbotham

Remove this Banner Ad

Men don't get judged on their appearance anywhere near as much as women if at all. What does her appearance have to do with if she is any good or not?
Hutchy just got dropped from the Footy Show, in part because he didn't look the part as he admitted.

There's a massive difference between criticism of a woman and criticism because she's a woman, when you conflate the two it doesn't help anyone.

Why because she's a woman? Robbo looks like a walking talking pig hutchy Jabba the Hutt. No one says s**t but one thing about a woman it's the end of the world
Nothing to do with her being a woman. She is not funny, and treats viewers like morons with her idiotic skits. I wish Harf, Richo and Rita Panahi would get back together and do a radio show. Funniest two hours on radio when they were at SEN.

Nothing to do with her being a woman. She is not funny, and treats viewers like morons with her idiotic skits. I wish Harf, Richo and Rita Panahi would get back together and do a radio show. Funniest two hours on radio when they were at SEN.
Ew.

Terrible.

Lol if you believe anything Hutchy says.

Hutchy didn't do as badly as host as I thought he would but he lacks the style of Eddie, Garry or JB, even in a suit he still manages to look like a slob.

From the Footy Show thread after the first episode of the year. You are kidding yourself if you think the way men present themselves in the media isn't commented on. You've never heard "Slobbo" before?

This is all irrelevant to Tegan Higanbotham who I think is terrible but relatively inoffensive, but it's actually impressive that you manage to see discrimination everywhere you look.

yeah but like if you're a fan you can just type a joke she said you found funny, its not difficult man

Mate, you know that the person you are debating with has a screw loose and is the site idiot? She used to be a Hawthorn supporter until we ran her out of town.

As for the subject at hand, you are correct....Tegan Higginbotham is absolutely horrendous. In terms of genuine female sports presenting talent in this country, there are a few that are good. Bec Maddern has a place but TFS is not it. She has genuine footy knowledge and the charisma to match although she is becoming the female version of Eddie in that you can't escape her. Kellie Underwood is good when she is discussing sport but tries a bit hard when actually calling the footy. Neroli Meadows and Sarah Jones have already been mentioned in this thread. There are others too.

But the benchmark for female sports personalities in this country is Mel McLaughlin (unfortunately she is not involved with footy) and it is in only a minor part to do with her appearance (although she is stunning). She is knowledgable, witty, well-researched and has a genuine passion for sport. She also uses her femininity to advantage without being cheap. Mel is that far ahead of the pack that in my opinion, the AFL should be throwing money at her to get her to be the female face of football.

Rita Panahi is a disgusting, hypocritical oxygen thief.

I haven't seen her in these other shows, but she does okay on Bounce. Maybe the show suits her more than the others, just a thought. I'm trying to think of another, but I cannot think of a woman appearing a football show before as a comedian, so she's breaking new ground. It may take a little getting used to before we pass judgement.

Mate, you know that the person you are debating with has a screw loose and is the site idiot? She used to be a Hawthorn supporter until we ran her out of town.

As for the subject at hand, you are correct....Tegan Higginbotham is absolutely horrendous. In terms of genuine female sports presenting talent in this country, there are a few that are good. Bec Maddern has a place but TFS is not it. She has genuine footy knowledge and the charisma to match although she is becoming the female version of Eddie in that you can't escape her. Kellie Underwood is good when she is discussing sport but tries a bit hard when actually calling the footy. Neroli Meadows and Sarah Jones have already been mentioned in this thread. There are others too.

But the benchmark for female sports personalities in this country is Mel McLaughlin (unfortunately she is not involved with footy) and it is in only a minor part to do with her appearance (although she is stunning). She is knowledgable, witty, well-researched and has a genuine passion for sport. She also uses her femininity to advantage without being cheap. Mel is that far ahead of the pack that in my opinion, the AFL should be throwing money at her to get her to be the female face of football.
Agree with that except for McLaughlin, she's ok but fairly overrated. Sarah Jones needs to permanently take over from Eddie the Hutt as gameday presenter on Foxtel and Neroli Meadows needs promoting. On Offsiders, Underwood>>>Pencil Neck 'I have a creepy horse fetish' Gerard Twately.

Also lol at how many have got sucked in by the North troll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with that except for McLaughlin, she's ok but fairly overrated. Sarah Jones needs to permanently take over from Eddie the Hutt as gameday presenter on Foxtel and Neroli Meadows needs promoting. On Offsiders, Underwood>>>Pencil Neck 'I have a creepy horse fetish' Gerard Twately.

Also lol at how many have got sucked in by the North troll.

Nah, you gotta love Mel mate.

800cbda87e3586a23b75dd6014380fbd

She's an Iranian/Persian refugee who hates people from the middle east arriving in Australia, she's a walking contradiction.

Correct. She hates refugees or anybody who is the benefit of our generosity. She and her family have been looked after by a welcoming country yet she won't have us extend the same help to others in real need.

Panahi is a truly deplorable piece of s**t.

She seems to have a very weird head.
I definitely wouldn't call her ugly but she is hard to describe.
I actually don't mind just totally focusing on her for a few minutes to study her mannerisms and the way she does things.
After that I change channels.

Some of the pathetic comments on here criticising Tegan are laughable. Most of the dickhead critics haven't got half her intellect and seriously must fancy themselves if they think she's ugly. Next time you look in the mirror actually spend a few moments analysing what you see. Because I'm tipping Tegan Higgonbotham is a tad more appealing. :)

I first saw Tegan at a stand up comedy gig in Adelaide a few years ago and she was very funny with several well constructed gags. Yes, not every gag works but she is a prolific writer and it's hard to get a foot in the door of these roles she's now performing without talent.

Instead of being so ridiculously judgemental, how about appreciating some diversity in a young, smart lady from the plethora of middle aged white blokes hogging every god damn show!

PS: To the moron who suggested Rita The whinger Panahi, or Panawhine as she's better known....you have to be kidding! That humourless, boring, predictable sadsack has the appeal of a hot iron shoved done the dick.

Last edited:
Some of the pathetic comments on here criticising Tegan are laughable. Most of the dickhead critics haven't got half her intellect and seriously must fancy themselves if they think she's ugly. Next time you look in the mirror actually spend a few moments analysing what you see. Because I'm tipping Tegan Higgonbotham is a tad more appealing. :)

I first saw Tegan at a stand up comedy gig in Adelaide a few years ago and she was very funny with several well constructed gags. Yes, not every gag works but she is a prolific writer and it's hard to get a foot in the door of these roles she's now performing without talent.

Instead of being so ridiculously judgemental, how about appreciating some diversity in a young, smart lady from the plethora of middle aged white blokes hogging every god damn show!

PS: To the moron who suggested Rita The whinger Panahi, or Panawhine as she's better known....you have to be kidding! That humourless, boring, predictable sadsack has the appeal of a hot iron shoved done the dick.

TH obviously appeals to the ABC cafe latte crowd. If you believe she is comedy genius, then good for you. All i can judge is what I have seen. She made a pigs breakfast of the Liverpool game, and the complaints the ABC received were not talking about her comedic genius or her writing ability. They were wondering what she was doing on the show since she has no idea about soccer. They were also suggesting that she should stick to the comedy clubs where her lefty fan base can cheer her on. As for her Fox Footy appearances, she is a waste of space. Clearly someone from the ABC is calling in a favor. The Persian Princess would run rings around her, irrespective of her political views. I look forward to hearing and seeing some male comedians getting involved in the Netball.Sick and tired of hearing from old white women waffling on about the game. We need more lefty comedy skits!:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back