Terminator 2, Judgement Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Terminator, T2, Total Recall, and Predator are the holy quaternity (I just looked that word up) of Arnie movies. I must have watched them all dozens of times in my teens.

Never liked Commando as much as many on here seem to.
What the hell, you forgot The Running Man!

I liked THE 6TH DAY and COLLATERAL DAMAGE

END OF DAYS however......

6th Days was good. Collateral Damage was... dull. The most memorable thing about that flick for me was Francesca Neri's weird lips!

End of Days I was really excited about and saw before 31 December 1999... but damn was that terrible lol

But I'm one of those people who loves Last Action Hero...

I have never seen the full film from start to finish, have seen snippets over the years!

I've always considered it a great satire of action films of the era, particularly as the kid was around my age when it was released in cinemas. Many don't get it and feel its tone can be uneven (which I can understand as it never goes deep into any one genre and then scenes between fake world real world) but for me it works. Jack Slater's (Arnie) world is basically like how James Bond's is, he's a protected species who will never be killed regardless of how absurd the situation gets combined with background and situations that are too perfect. And later he gets a taste of the real world. I watch the Fast and Furious movies and it wouldn't surprise me if it shares the same universe as Jack Slater.

I was 12 when it came out, I like the premise blending the real world with scripted world and such... I've just never gone out of my way to see it in full.
I remember watching Jingle all the way years ago, but the first real time I got to see the whole film was during my secondary retail job during Christmas season last year (2-3 times a day for close to a month! - it's a fun film but I would rather watch any of Hawthorn's grand final matches multiple times lol).

Yet sign me up, I'll watch Batman & Robin and love Arnie as Mr Freeze :D

Last Action Hero really badly falls apart in the 2nd half, quite sad really because til that point it was a very good original movie.

That has the best theme song of all time though.

Arnold must love his big rock bands.

As for latter day Arnie, agree Collateral Damage was a bit dull, 6th Day was pretty good though, T3, well it is the 3rd best Terminator if that means anything, and I liked End of Days, but it was a little underwhelming and should have been better.

Terminator, T2, Total Recall, and Predator are the holy quaternity (I just looked that word up) of Arnie movies. I must have watched them all dozens of times in my teens.

Never liked Commando as much as many on here seem to.
******* epic movies.

Is that Guns 'N Roses - You Could Be Mine? When I'm not listening to talkback on AM radio, I have a USB loaded up with big-hair music from my younger days to listen to in the car. Even though I was getting towards adulthood when this came out, I still listen to this song to remind me how awesome this movie was/is. Was an adrenaline rush of a movie at the time.

When watching it at the cinema for the first time, I knew we were in for a cracking movie when T-1000 was dressed as his foster mum and then showed the sword through his foster dad's head with the carton of milk.
LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^^^My mate told me about that during class after he saw it the night before. My first T-2 memory.

Last edited:
My mate told me about that during class after he saw it the night before. My first T-2 memory.

Watch it tonight. This movie that over 25 years old has not dated. In fact it would put a lot of modern day scifi movies to shame.

Not a fan of the alternate ending. Interestingly if they went for it, they would have found it difficult to explain T6.

Watch it tonight. This movie that over 25 years old has not dated. In fact it would put a lot of modern day scifi movies to shame.

Not a fan of the alternate ending. Interestingly if they went for it, they would have found it difficult to explain T6.
Hasn't outdated at all Grotto. It was decades ahead of it's time. Kassar was a freak of nature.

haha yep. He looks Mexican.
maxresdefault.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back