Terrible Male Fashion

Remove this Banner Ad

I might have to dig my old olive suit out but I doubt it would fit me these days.

Has olive ever really gone out?

Possibly not but it's not as popular as it was in the mid to late 90s.

You only have to look at office based tv shows from around that era like NewsRadio.

NewsRadio.png

Vale Phil Hartman

Just have to go to the footy and listen out for the use of Campaigner instead of campaigner

I heard a Hawthorn supporter yell out "flog" to an Essendon player a couple of weeks ago.

Some of you pay a lot of attention. I reckon my friends/colleagues could wear the same outfit 3 days a week and I wouldn't notice.

Same here. I am fairly meticulous in my own work attire (8 shirt fortnightly rotation seeing as we have casual Fridays, make sure I don't wear two similar-looking shirts on consecutive days) however my colleagues could go a week in the same outfit and I wouldn't realise.

Larry David is only considered a cool dresser by chicks with fringes who do art at RMIT.

Then again it is cooler than dressing like a Kmart catalogue.

even though that is funny, that is ridiculous....ladies w+ fringes who do art at RMIT....ok..

walk into MYER or DJ's, the jacket and t-shirt look is everywhere, often sold as a double item...

to say it's not cool or uncommon is almost stupid..

walk into a surf shop and they do the same thing, they sell the cool jacket with a t-shirt as part of the look...

include nice jeans and cool 90s cons or vans and you're half way to being in a cool indie rock band the sounds like Dinosaur Jr....

Larry David has it all worked out my friend!!!

even though that is funny, that is ridiculous....ladies w+ fringes who do art at RMIT....ok..

walk into MYER or DJ's, the jacket and t-shirt look is everywhere, often sold as a double item...

to say it's not cool or uncommon is almost stupid..

walk into a surf shop and they do the same thing, they sell the cool jacket with a t-shirt as part of the look...

include nice jeans and cool 90s cons or vans and you're half way to being in a cool indie rock band the sounds like Dinosaur Jr....

Larry David has it all worked out my friend!!!

We shouldn't be using merchandise from surf shops as an example of something being fashionable or looking good.

We shouldn't be using merchandise from surf shops as an example of something being fashionable or looking good.

see, that's such a generalisation though, they do actually sell some very cool items these days, it's not what it was twenty years ago..

these days they sell top end brands and great tops and jackets...

they sell expensive and classy brands now, not just surfy brands...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's with blokes (some females do it too) wearing ugly baggy jeans with either Vans or White Adidas Stan Smiths, some horrific t-shirt (sometimes accompanied by overalls or some horrible jacket) and then an ugly hat or beanie. Why do people want to look like home invaders or junkies?

Invisible socks, thoughts? Most non-sock wearers are wearing invisible socks. I pretty much wear invisible socks religiously these days except for work or im wearing boots/dress shoes.
It's more with dress shoes that it looks stupid to me, I don't really mind with more casual wear. There was a picture of Liam Jones at a wedding a month or so ago wearing a full suit with sockless loafers on and I just don't get it.

Who on earth would want to look like an indie rock band and why is it still called indie when it's quite mainstream?

Sent from mTalk

It's more with dress shoes that it looks stupid to me, I don't really mind with more casual wear. There was a picture of Liam Jones at a wedding a month or so ago wearing a full suit with sockless loafers on and I just don't get it.
I like the loafers no socks look but with a full suit I think thats a bit of a s**t look no surprise Liam Jones was rocking it.

I think a man looks the part in wrinkle-tips and grannymockers. Add a jaunty never-you-mind and a pair of sly-greeters and you can't go wrong.

Some people like to sport a staunch (wet or dry, I've seen both) or even a Mr Johnny, but I think they ruin the look.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would say breathability but having no socks in shoes like that is asking for some manky smelling shoes.

I dont get why white shoes are in, they get dirty too easily

Remove this Banner Ad

Back